New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Mem11

I will say with all the screaming about the vast abuse of the DAS system I am personally disappointed with only a 13 percent drop in LL use.
You have to remember that many of those currently using DAS are doing so under the old system, so no change. Only those that applied for a DAS after 5/20 and are in the parks now are working with the new system. You probably won't feel the full effect until around July.

NotTheOne

I will say with all the screaming about the vast abuse of the DAS system I am personally disappointed with only a 13 percent drop in LL use.

I would love to know what a 13 percent drop in LL feels like to both the LL queue and standby waits.

I am going to stick with my original opinion that the Genie+ is so inherently broken, the reduction in wait times will not be significant to actual folks who are wanting in the queues.
13 percentage point drop actually equates to a 23% drop, which is not insignificant.

Fido Chuckwagon

I would love to know what a 13 percent drop in LL feels like to both the LL queue and standby waits.

I am going to stick with my original opinion that the Genie+ is so inherently broken, the reduction in wait times will not be significant to actual folks who are wanting in the queues.
It's 13 percent when a lot of people are still under the old DAS rules. Lets see how it's looking next month. I'm sure @lentesta will continue gathering data.

Touchdown

IMG_5246.jpeg

First dead Monday in awhile. Some of this is heat but I think some of it is DAS

Fido Chuckwagon

View attachment 790614

First dead Monday in awhile. Some of this is heat but I think some of it is DAS
This is great news. Not to give you more work, but something else that would be really interesting to track is genie+ return times for headliners: How far out they are booking and how early in the day they are selling out. As fewer DAS powerabusers tie up the lightning lanes that theoretically opens more capacity for Disney to allocate to genie+ reservations within the LL. I'd be curious to see if they start doing that.

Just eyeballing it right now, the following attractions are still available for LL at 1:45 pm that often sell out quite early):

HS:
1. MMRR
2. MFSR
3. Tower of Terror
(only SDD is sold out)

MK:
1. Jungle Cruise;
2. Peter Pan's Flight
3. Space Mountain;
4. Meet Mickey
(Nothing is sold out)

Animal Kingdom:
1. Na'vi River Journey;
2. Kilimanjaro Safaris
3. Expedition Everest
(Nothing is sold out)

The only park with sell-outs is Epcot, and it looks like some of that is due to a lot of ride downtime (Test Track is down right now, others were down throughout the day for extended periods).

ConfettiCupcake

This is great news. Not to give you more work, but something else that would be really interesting to track is genie+ return times for headliners: How far out they are booking and how early in the day they are selling out. As fewer DAS powerabusers tie up the lightning lanes that theoretically opens more capacity for Disney to allocate to genie+ reservations within the LL. I'd be curious to see if they start doing that.

Just eyeballing it right now, the following attractions are still available for LL at 1:45 pm that often sell out quite early):

HS:
1. MMRR
2. MFSR
3. Tower of Terror
(only SDD is sold out)

MK:
1. Jungle Cruise;
2. Peter Pan's Flight
3. Space Mountain;
4. Meet Mickey
(Nothing is sold out)

Animal Kingdom:
1. Na'vi River Journey;
2. Kilimanjaro Safaris
3. Expedition Everest
(Nothing is sold out)

The only park with sell-outs is Epcot, and it looks like some of that is due to a lot of ride downtime (Test Track is down right now, others were down throughout the day for extended periods).

Yes, the LL availability is what I think is going to be most telling. That and the LL wait times. I’m very curious to see if there’s an overall improvement there.

Despite the least flattering ways to view the DAS change, I am still of the believe they are attempting to increase guest satisfaction - particularly by making Genie a less frustrating and divisive product so people actually want to buy it (like Universals) vs begrudgingly buying it.

ConfettiCupcake

If RTQ is supposed to be it's own thing, separate from AQR, any ideas why it isn't listed on their website with AQR?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/accessing-attractions-queues/

It's worth mentioning when googling it, an explanation separate from AQR isn't found anywhere. Most disney news websites are basically calling AQR RTQ instead. So I can understand the massive confusion regarding the two.

Just my personal opinion not confirmed or anything, but I’m under the impression RTQ isnt really supposed to be an accommodation for the guests to understand or request. It sounds like an internal process when AQR doesn’t work for a guest, and it’s confusing because it wasn’t intended to be a public term.

I think it got out from a CM sharing info.

KrzyKtty

Just my personal opinion not confirmed or anything, but I’m under the impression RTQ isnt really supposed to be an accommodation for the guests to understand or request. It sounds like an internal process when AQR doesn’t work for a guest, and it’s confusing because it wasn’t intended to be a public term.

I think it got out from a CM sharing info.
Honestly, Disney needs to clarify AQR a bit, because the fear mongering around it is simply from a lack of information.

Chi84

Premium Member
If RTQ is supposed to be it's own thing, separate from AQR, any ideas why it isn't listed on their website with AQR?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/accessing-attractions-queues/

It's worth mentioning when googling it, an explanation separate from AQR isn't found anywhere. Most disney news websites are basically calling AQR RTQ instead. So I can understand the massive confusion regarding the two.
I’m getting the sense from other sites that RTQ is what they provide if there aren’t enough people in the party to hold a place in line. Not at all sure though.

C33Mom

Honestly, Disney needs to clarify AQR a bit, because the fear mongering around it is simply from a lack of information.
I think they don’t want to publicize the AQR process because they don’t want people to use it as a “hack” unless they actually need it. Of course it will start to trickle out on message boards and blogs, but I think their goal is to increase friction to reduce AQR use to the people who really can’t ride without it as much as possible.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This is great news. Not to give you more work, but something else that would be really interesting to track is genie+ return times for headliners: How far out they are booking and how early in the day they are selling out.
thrilldata does all this availability tracking already...

the data is already there in manipulatable form... we don't need single snapshots of random to jump from.

KrzyKtty

I think they don’t want to publicize the AQR process because they don’t want people to use it as a “hack” unless they actually need it. Of course it will start to trickle out on message boards and blogs, but I think their goal is to increase friction to reduce AQR use to the people who really can’t ride without it as much as possible.
But it is publicized on their website. The one that isn't is RTQ. That verbage is never mentioned anywhere.

C33Mom

thrilldata does all this availability tracking already...

the data is already there in manipulatable form... we don't need single snapshots of random to jump from.
I glanced at thrill data’s list of when ride LLs sold out a few days after the official changeover and didn’t see a big difference or any discernible pattern. I would like to see people analyze that data for the most in demand G+ attractions — but I think it could get worse (ex-DAS users buying more G+) before it ultimately gets better (more LL inventory becomes available longer in the day and returns are faster)— the wildcard is when Disney starts adding more slots for paid LL returns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom