New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Chip Chipperson

Except the CMs are being put in the position to make accomodation determinations at each ride... not just these CMs with special training and additional support available.
True. And the vast majority of people will get the same accommodation: leave the line if it becomes necessary and the CMs will work with whatever return-to-line system that attraction uses. Very few will be granted a return time without waiting in line. The CMs' supervisors will be available to handle any escalation if needed, just as they are available now.

ditzee

The above forum member was approved under the prior DAS rules, and said their Memorial Day weekend trip would likely be their last.

They have been very clear about that.
This is me and yes, this will be our last trip. Disney is not a vacation for me. It's work. Others love it and I'm happy for them. The DAS thing is the cherry on top of my decision not to go to WDW anymore.

Club Cooloholic

Disney honestly should've renamed this service. I can see why many would be off put or confused as to previously qualifying to no longer qualifying. It feels like something is being taken away. In reality, the DAS of today has different durations, criteria and accommodations. And it's now clearly meant for folks who cannot under any circumstance experience the parks without such flexibility.
I am curious, and maybe this has been covered in his thread already, but does Disney have to accommodate things other than physical disabilities, legally?

Angel Ariel

I hear what you're saying, though I think your tone is a little demeaning.
Agreed. 11 y/os are significantly different in many ways than a 5 year old. Not the least of which is size. When DD was 5 and needed physical assistance of any kind due to her disability (whether actual physical assistance to move or physical assistance to calm/regulate), it wasn't an issue - either DH or I could do it. Now? I can't provide any meaningful physical support. It legitimately causes me injury. I'm still in pain from trying to help her access a less than accessible field trip yesterday. It's not the same thing as a neurotypical 5 year old even remotely.

Angel Ariel

I was just saying this to someone. DAS should probably have been retired in favor of the other 2 accommodations and then Disney Guest Relations could offer some (unpublished) disability pass in the exceedingly rare circumstances where someone cannot otherwise experience the parks without. And IMO this pass should be like the old one back in the 90s where you more or less had unfettered access to skipping the standby queue.
I mean I hear what you're saying, but in the era of social media, 24/7 internet access, etc - there is no such thing as unpublished.

Disstevefan1

So the people who previously had DAS will be increasing the standby waits and the LLs will be getting shorter?
NO, the folks who previously legitimately qualified for DAS and now do not, COULD NEVER use standby.

They MUST purchase Genie+ and use LL as an attempt to be in the shortest queue possible OR don't ride attractions at all.

Chi84

Premium Member
I think these changes are less about what people need and more about what Disney is willing or able to offer.

It seems as though they are going to reserve their line-skip system for people (disabled or non disabled) who buy Genie+ and ILLs. Those who don’t will primarily be accommodated in the standby lines with very limited exceptions for DAS and RTQ.

I could be wrong, but they may be willing to eliminate DAS or RTQ if the current system just doesn’t work or causes too many inconsistent results.

Disney Glimpses

So the people who previously had DAS will be increasing the standby waits and the LLs will be getting shorter?

How would we know if the people who used to have DAS are now buying Genie+?
From what I have heard, a typical abuser of the service is a local FL AP. The suspicion is that they simply will ride less attractions; not purchase Genie+ because doing so every time they visit is not realistic and also not waiting on 75+ min waits because it just doesn't make sense for someone who lives so close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom