wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Its uncanny how well this fits.

dzonewm.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I love this board. Where else can one go for five pages of discussion of an obscure, super-cooled hallway? (I love this hallway. It's huge, so throwing some chairs and a concession stand in it only makes sense.)
I believe the discussion as of late has been more based upon the lack of effort put into making this super-cooled hallway look halfway decent.

As mentioned previously, since Disney felt the need to make an announcement for this, there were expectations that it would possibly look better than what a middle school PTA with a budget of $75 was capable of putting together for a concession stand at a school play.

BrightImagine

I believe the discussion as of late has been more based upon the lack of effort put into making this super-cooled hallway look halfway decent.

As mentioned previously, since Disney felt the need to make an announcement for this, there were expectations that it would possibly look better than what a middle school PTA with a budget of $75 was capable of putting together for a concession stand at a school play.

I haven't seen any announcement other than this website and other sites citing this website. We just happened to pass by it two days ago and were pleasantly surprised to see some tables and chairs had appeared. It's not like it was written up like the infamous benches.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Where was the announcement? I didn't see anything from Disney on this.
Apologies then. I thought they made and announcement. I just re-looked at the post I read earlier and it only mentioned that Disney had named it, not announced it. My bad.

Cmdr_Crimson

I know it's been awhile since this piece of Idiocracy was made to my favorite spot in Epcot..But, I'd like to know if anyone that has been there lately if it has been removed?

WDW Guru

I know it's been awhile since this piece of Idiocracy was made to my favorite spot in Epcot..But, I'd like to know if anyone that has been there lately if it has been removed?

When I was there last week half of the area curtained off and there were no concession stands. It seemed mostly temporary but I'm not sure how long it will last.

Cmdr_Crimson

I tried to enter this area last week from the Club Cool side and was met by plainclothes security informing me that the area was "not a guest area." There were rolling planters partially blocking the doors, but not entirely so I didn't realize the area was closed immediately.
latest

note2001

I tried to enter this area last week from the Club Cool side and was met by plainclothes security informing me that the area was "not a guest area." There were rolling planters partially blocking the doors, but not entirely so I didn't realize the area was closed immediately.
I feel for you, Disney is notorious for changing up access overnight and then making the guests feel foolish for it. How hard is it for them to print a temporary cling with the words "cast members only" and affix it to the doors? Yeesh.

*Q*

This just further highlights the mistakes they've made in altering the basic design fundamentals that gave that park its unique strengths. Those used to be huge, inviting spaces where it was easy to get from one area to another from within. Why is everything in there all separated off from each other now? If they had planned and budgeted properly, they could have made this a nice seating area to begin with when they converted Fountain View into Starbucks, instead of shoehorning all of this cheap stuff in there. Wouldn't that drive sales higher if guests knew they could have a climate controlled area with a beautiful view to sit and enjoy a drink? Wouldn't that create a better lasting impression for guests?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom