New D-Zone relaxation area coming to Epcot next week

Tom

Beta Return
There are already tables there and is still pretty quiet. I don't know how many people even know this spot exists.

I've never seen any tables. This is the area near the Electric Umbrella, right? The long curved hallway with nothing in it?

NowInc

Tow3zY3.jpg

Tom

Beta Return

Yeah, that's the hallway I'm thinking of. To the left, that little hall goes to a couple restrooms, then I THOUGHT it continued on to Umbrella. But maybe it's Starbucks.

When we were there in August, there were no tables or chairs. Just a nice, big, open, frigid hallway with nobody else in it.

Oriolesmagic

Okay, question for the Disney historians, what used to be in that hallway? I distinctly remember there being some sort of a shop or museum or something. I've only been alive since 1995 so whatever I'm thinking about was after that.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Okay, question for the Disney historians, what used to be in that hallway? I distinctly remember there being some sort of a shop or museum or something. I've only been alive since 1995 so whatever I'm thinking about was after that.
It has been a hallway for a long time. The room to the left in the picture above hosted the EPCOT history exhibits for a while, but its been shuttered for years.

Cmdr_Crimson

When Centorium closed down to be made into MouseGears the store was temporarily moved there.
centstore992.jpg

Where the Epcot 25th exhibit was the Imagineering Labs where they first showed the prototype of what became the Aladdin Magic Carpet attraction at DisneyQuest...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
When Centorium closed down to be made into MouseGears the store was temporarily moved there.
centstore992.jpg

Where the Epcot 25th exhibit was the Imagineering Labs where they first showed the prototype of what became the Aladdin Magic Carpet attraction at DisneyQuest...
Did I get them mixed up? My bad if I did.

Oriolesmagic

It has been a hallway for a long time. The room to the left in the picture above hosted the EPCOT history exhibits for a while, but its been shuttered for years.

That sounds like that could be about right! Thanks!

centstore992.jpg

Interesting! Thanks for the pictures! Wish there was more images out there of places like this and the Anne of Green Gables store in Canada!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom