New D-Zone relaxation area coming to Epcot next week

JimboJones123

My big question:

Are they going to do anything about the horribly rancid and overwhelming density of mildew in the building's air?

I fell nauseous every time I go in that building because of it. I don't smell it that strong anywhere else in all of Disney World, but that play is just nasty. I feel like I am putting my life at risk every time I breathe in there.

Plus, the Men's restroom has such a wheel's off layout... cramming in that one extra urinal.....

jakeman

I get it, there is no indication that this was a tie in to the movie but weren't these drinks specific to the frozen celebration last year?
The Dragon Berry Colada has been at F&W the past few years if I recall correctly...

Wait...just checked. Yep. It started in 2012 at the Caribbean booth.

Blue Raspberry Slush appears to have been at Disney since at least spring of 2013. It's been available at Pinocchio's Village Haus since spring 2014.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Not gonna lie, this looks pretty cheap.... The "Wedding Bar" Styled stand for refreshments and snacks is not a good look in WDW unless it is at a private event such as a wedding....
Ya, a table and a cloth? I've seen better Girl Scout cookie stands in front of the grocery store.

59c528281fdc6324010f376e64351d65.jpg

Apparently, the 6 year old girls of Troop 2702 had a larger budget than WDI.

polynesiangirl

My big question:

Are they going to do anything about the horribly rancid and overwhelming density of mildew in the building's air?

I fell nauseous every time I go in that building because of it.

I think I know exactly what you are referring to. The last couple of times I've gone in that building, I have wondered what in God's name is going on with the ventilation in there and why it smells like that. Gross.

bhg469

So, if I may be so bold, your saying that because a beverage is frozen, that means Disney is using it to market Frozen?
No, I am saying that to my recollection, those drinks were made for the frozen events specifically. I may be wrong and if I am, sorry... I still don't care either way, i guess recycling is a responsible thing to do.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
No, I am saying that to my recollection, those drinks were made for the frozen events specifically. I may be wrong and if I am, sorry... I still don't care either way, i guess recycling is a responsible thing to do.

Here's the deal, your going too far to criticize WDW. This area is pretty terribly done. you don't need to invent whacky reasons to knock it.

jakeman

Your recollection is incorrect.
The Dragon Berry Colada has been at F&W the past few years if I recall correctly...

Wait...just checked. Yep. It started in 2012 at the Caribbean booth.

Blue Raspberry Slush appears to have been at Disney since at least spring of 2013. It's been available at Pinocchio's Village Haus since spring 2014.
Here's the deal, your going too far to criticize WDW. This area is pretty terribly done. you don't need to invent whacky reasons to knock it.
Sometimes the lowest hanging fruit is the ripest.

Rogue21

Perhaps they should have quietly added some tables and chairs, a few charging stations and a somewhat nicer drink/snack kiosk and called it a day; then most folks would have been pleasantly surprised when going through there. The fact that they named it and made a slight to-do about it makes it feel a bit underwhelming. IMHO anyway.

bhodge

I was expecting something a little cooler and....well finished. I've been to weddings with MUCH better rental furniture. Heck even our church rented "lounge"sofas and chairs this past christmas to accommodate crowds perforce the christmas show. That gave a more upscale look than this.

note2001

When I heard Disney was doing this I defended it from the critics. After all, Disney didn't have to do this, there was nothing in it for them.. or so I thought, not knowing about the sketchy drink stand they were putting in. There exists a way to do this right with minimal investment, but what they have done here is not it. For the cost of those hideous electric blue chairs with matching bad tables they could have had a reasonably nice, inviting setup.
They better keep that timeline up...
Or these banners they had up several years ago..
TzZNY.jpg
Putting the banners back up would have been the first step to doing this area right. They were beautiful, colorful, and lowered \ softened that warehouse ceiling down to a human level. Someone out there seems to feel the Future in future world means cold lines, electric feel to everything. News for them: The future is more human than ever. Tech's purpose is to make life easier. We're way past 1990, time for them to catch up.

Stopped by the area behind the cool zone today.
View attachment 98820 View attachment 98821 View attachment 98822 View attachment 98823

This seems to be temporary. The cast member was also selling cell phone battery extenders.
{{Shudder}} What they've done to this space is just awkward and halfhearted. It was better just as a hallway without seating. They could have at least added some semi circular leather couches & made it more living room style.

I want to continue supporting Disney's imagineering team, but I hate to admit this reflects poorly upon the design team and reinforces the idea that Disney has folks that are straight out of highschool making decisions here. If management are the ones making these decisions they need to take a step back and let those who design for a living work with it. Test track? Fail. Entertainment replacements? Fail. Fail. Fail. I worry for the new Frozen ride and what will become of Innovations now that half is closed down.

The good: The look seems to be temporary, easy to take apart (because there's nothing there.) They can still improve it or bring it back to what it was. The empty hallway was preferable to walk through IMHO.

Last edited:

BoarderPhreak

ROFL... So they throw in a couple of tables/chairs and a lemonade stand and it's a "D-Zone relaxation area?"

It was relaxing before, when it was a deserted Communicore hallway. Now it's just a low-budget freak show. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom