New Construction at Vista Blvd and Bonnet Creek Pkwy

DougK

I'm curious to see what the Four Seasons will be charging per night. Should really give the Grand Floridian a run for its money, as the service at any of the Four Seasons I've stayed at has been far better than Disney (can you say a REAL concierge?).

My hope is it will make the Grand Floridian even better. Competition will do that. 4S is bound to be less expensive than the GF and with better service too.

RiversideBunny

The Four Seasons may impact the convention business for the Grand Floridian more than that for normal guests.
WDW folks still like the monorail location.

Hotels really like the income from conventions and meetings.

IMHO
:)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The Four Seasons may impact the convention business for the Grand Floridian more than that for normal guests.
WDW folks still like the monorail location.

Hotels really like the income from conventions and meetings.

IMHO
:)
You speak the truth. I have seen convention bard tabs push well into 4 digits.

Just saw the concept art, which of course reminds me that this completely unthemed modern stone behemoth will be in view from Fort Wilderness, completely ruining the "untamed" wilderness look that the "settlement" at Fort Wilderness has today. And that was exactly what Walt Disney bought so much land to prevent.

Also, Disney now has started marketing its own upscale line of furniture, linens, and fixtures from the resorts, re-positioning itself as the hallmark of service. (The Deluxe resorts have very nice catalogs available now to buy their bedding, etc., which is now very luxurious.) So, now they are doing that just in time to compete with Four Seasons within their own resort.

Should never have happened.

Disney was capable of making their own golf community, if they decided to put their resources to it, as they used to do. (Instead of trying so hard to make everything "Disney Parks" and centralized to be homogenous with Burbank or Anaheim.)

Paul

I'm not sure that it'll be seen from Fort Wilderness, at least no more then the Contemporary is.

jt04

Just saw the concept art, which of course reminds me that this completely unthemed modern stone behemoth will be in view from Fort Wilderness, completely ruining the "untamed" wilderness look that the "settlement" at Fort Wilderness has today. And that was exactly what Walt Disney bought so much land to prevent.

This has been confirmed to be entirely untrue. The rumor came from the same people who said the new Hilton and Waldorf would be visible from World Showcase. Just trouble makers.

I agree though that Disney should develop their own properties on property.

EPCOT Explorer

This has been confirmed to be entirely untrue. The rumor came from the same people who said the new Hilton and Waldorf would be visible from World Showcase. Just trouble makers.

I agree though that Disney should develop their own properties on property.
It was a possibility...:shrug:

WDW1974

This hotel will easily be the best hotel in central Florida when it opens. Period.

But I still wish it wasn't going where it is.

WDW is rapidly approaching build out where the only greenbelts will be berms and retention ponds. Not what Walt had in mind with his 'enough land here for all the dreams and plans ...'

Of course, I'm reasonably certain he didn't envision WDW as The Timeshare Kingdom of the World with traffic clogged roads filled with smog-belching Disney buses.

But I could be wrong ... but I'm not!

elisatonks

If i remember rightly from when this was first annouced Four Seasons, disney still owned the land but and sold it a few months later, which i don't they would have done unless they thought it would help the resort. I can see this as being an attempt by Disney to encourage the customers who will only ever insist in staying with staying in a 5 star + hotel, without having to personally take on the additional running cost required. (The Grand Floridian is only 4 star standad.) You have to remember that Disney Participant Companies are usually approched by disney rather than the other way round.

mrerk

Premium Member
I was riding the bus to MK last weekend from OKW and passed this construction. Anyone know what they're building here? It's a big wall and some turrets right now. Previously part of Eagle Pines golf course but the area's all tore up now.

Thoughts?

Anyone have pics? Just wanted to see how it compares with what we saw in April. We saw lots of earthmoving / grading and even sod by the end of the week, but nothing vertical.

heartodisney

I am just glad my wife and I got to play golf at Osprey BEFORE all the construction started, I am sure they weighed...money from golf..or money from resorts,food, and merchandise took care off their decision!

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster
Anyone have pics? Just wanted to see how it compares with what we saw in April. We saw lots of earthmoving / grading and even sod by the end of the week, but nothing vertical.

Sorry. No pics. It was raining and the bus windows weren't cooperating. It's a large unfinished wall (cinderblocks) that probably runs a 1/4 of a mile with one 15-20 foot tall turrent (for lack of a better term) built into the wall. Looks castle/fort like right now. Not sure what look they're going for. :hammer:

s8film40

This should also create competition for Celebration as well as the multi million dollar homes will make for better vacation homes than homes in Celebration.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
My hope is it will make the Grand Floridian even better. Competition will do that. 4S is bound to be less expensive than the GF and with better service too.

For some reason, I kinda doubt that. I have a feeling that their price point will be right up there with GF.

They will price themselves at what the market will bear for the services they offer.

s8film40

For some reason, I kinda doubt that. I have a feeling that their price point will be right up there with GF.

They will price themselves at what the market will bear for the services they offer.
Actually I would expect them to be less. Most non Disney hotels near or on Disney property charge less, The Swan and Dolphin which are comparable to a WDW deluxe hotel charge less than half of what Yacht Beach and Boardwalk do.

unkadug

Actually I would expect them to be less. Most non Disney hotels near or on Disney property charge less, The Swan and Dolphin which are comparable to a WDW deluxe hotel charge less than half of what Yacht Beach and Boardwalk do.

But this hotel is going after a whole different clientele. The people who expect 5 star service EXPECT to pay for it.

s8film40

But this hotel is going after a whole different clientele. The people who expect 5 star service EXPECT to pay for it.

People who expect 5 Star service expect to pay about $300 - $400 a night. The Grand Floridian starts around $400 so I would expect them to price it slightly under 400 this would be consistent with their other hotels.

unkadug

People who expect 5 Star service expect to pay about $300 - $400 a night. The Grand Floridian starts around $400 so I would expect them to price it slightly under 400 this would be consistent with their other hotels.

We shall see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom