New Construction at Vista Blvd and Bonnet Creek Pkwy

Brian Noble

The closest Orlando-area analogy is probably the Ritz Carlton. It routinely runs less than the GF, but it arguably suffers from location relative to the four seasons plot.

I'm really curious as to how you know that "People who expect 5 Star service expect to pay about $300 - $400 a night" though.

s8film40

I'm really curious as to how you know that "People who expect 5 Star service expect to pay about $300 - $400 a night" though.

5 Star and/or 5 Diamond hotels usually range between $200 - $400 so most people accustomed to that level of service expect to pay about this much. Disney hotels for the industry are very overpriced.

jt04

5 Star and/or 5 Diamond hotels usually range between $200 - $400 so most people accustomed to that level of service expect to pay about this much. Disney hotels for the industry are very overpriced.

Huh? Seems to me they are priced exactly where they should be compared with other hotels that are next to monorails that take you right to a Magic Kingdom or Disneyland. Apples and Oranges.

The FS will likely be exactly what it is billed as, a 5 star with pricing to match. I would think it would much more "refined" than the GF.

By the way, the GF is installing marble floors throughout the lobby so they are trying to improve it seems.

s8film40

The Grand Floridian is a 4 Diamond and discontinued the Star system when they received a lower rating so its price based on Star or Diamond rating alone should be around $100 - $200. AAA actually deducts point due to the monorail.

jt04

The Grand Floridian is a 4 Diamond and discontinued the Star system when they received a lower rating so its price based on Star or Diamond rating alone should be around $100 - $200. AAA actually deducts point due to the monorail.

:ROFLOL:

Hmm, I wonder why AAA would deduct points for having a monorail? That is hilarious. :lol:

I just think it is a bit of a stretch to compare a Disney hotel's star or diamond rating to another hotel's rating. You are paying to be "in the magic". How many hotels feature a beach where you can watch a water "parade" followed by a fireworks show every night? Or hop a monorail and 5 minutes later be at the entrance to the MK? That is all included in the price plus much more.

s8film40

Yeah I really wonder why Disney even participates in the ratings, most of the criteria is not consistent with what Disney guests desire. The reason I heard for the monorail being a deduction is they consider it mass transit. I also heard the AK Lodge had points deducted due to the lobby being too dark. Most of the things that the AAA or Mobile inspectors look for is really crazy.

Brian Noble

5 Star and/or 5 Diamond hotels usually range between $200 - $400
Saying it again is not the same thing as telling me your evidence for its truth.

As a counter-example, Kiawah's main hotel (a 5-diamond property) starts at $400 for a couple weeks from now, and goes up from there. As another, the Four Seasons Scottsdale has rates that start at $525 for this upcoming February. $200 would be lucky to get you a generic Marriott or Starwood property in most major cities---and I stay in a lot of them.

If you can find me a five-diamond AAA property that only goes for, say, $300 in season, I'll be surprised. Here's the list, to save you some time:
http://www.aaa.biz/approved/Diamond_Awards/2009/2009_5D_Lodgings.pdf

I'll agree---110%---that if you took any of Disney's hotels and moved them out of RCID jurisdiction and renamed them Westin/Hilton/Hyatt/Marriott/Holiday Inn as appropriate, they'd get about 1/2 what they get now. But, that's not the same as claiming that truly top-shelf hotel properties can't command Grand Floridian prices. They can, and they do, and I'll wager that the Four Seasons Orlando will be no different.

s8film40

Well actually the closest other Four Seasons in Miami, AAA 5 Diamond rated currently lists there rooms starting at $250. Also they have a third night free special making the nightly charge a little under $170. The real issue is people don't generally choose a hotel near Disney based on service, so a 5 Diamond hotel near Disney has the advantage of offering a higher level of service than the Disney hotels but that doesn't give it a greater advantage over the Disney hotels which are closer and give people the "part of the magic" feel. Based on this it's not likely that you will see the four seasons standard rooms priced higher than the Disney deluxe hotels. I think the real money maker in the project will be the home sales.

Mr Toad

I'm pretty sure sure pricing will be inline with other deluxe resorts. Just wanna see some pictures closer to its completion date. Wanna see what kinda packages will be offered as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom