New Cirque Show Coming?

stitch2008

Original Poster
According to Screamscape, Cirque has sent out a survey about a new show in DTD.

icon_STOP.gif
Downtown Disney News - (1/18/11) Remember that rumor about a new Cirque du Soleil show under consideration for Walt Disney World? Apparently Cirque has sent out a few survey’s this week to not only get feedback about La Nouba, but also asked a couple of very interesting questions as well.
One asked, “Let’s imagine that Cirque du Soleil opens a new show in Downtown Disney at the Walt Disney World Resort, right next to where you attended La Nouba. How likely would you be to attend this new show if you were to go back to the Walt Disney World Resort?”
The other one asked for opinions on several types of show concepts “that Cirque du Soleil could open in Downtown Disney”. The very interesting list of options has been posted below, verbatim.
A show created specifically for kids ages 6-14
A Water Show - like O
An adult sensual cabaret - like Zummanity
Another family-friendly show (comparable to La Nouba)
A true classic Cirque du Soleil production - like Varekai
A magic show - like Chris Angel Believe :hurl:
A show based on a Hollywood blockbuster movie (like Avatar)
A show based on the Disney characters.

wizards8507

Well I think we can safely assume that it wouldn't be an "Adult Sensual Cabaret," but the other possibilities are intriguing. My personal dream-come-true would be "Love".

rct247

The only show I have see is "The Beatles LOVE" show in Vegas. I absolutely loved it. While I haven't seen any others, I have always thought that they others may be a little too out there for my taste, but with the LOVE show, they used Beatles music which I could identify with.

I really think it would be amazing to do a Disney themed one. Sure people get enough of a dose of Disney when they come here, but I think it would appeal to a very large audience. The kids would love it, the Disney fans would love it, the average tourist would love it, and I think the cirque crowd would love it.

mickeysshoes

I would love to see a new show there..of any kind!! We have seen it 2 and thats enought for me. A new show of the same kind would be ok by me!!

DTM93

I know they won't but it'd be nice if they put the Michael Jackson one in there just so I had the chance to see it. :)

WDW_Princess

I have seen La Nouba twice and I liked it. I liked Alegria and Saltimbanco better. Would they add another show in a new building or change the current show?

KaneMarko

We saw La Nouba two visits ago and were blown away. If anyone has never seen La Nouba, I STRONGLY recommend it if your budget allows.

The only other Cirque show we have seen, live, was Alegria last year when it came to our town. Alegria was amazing to say the least. But La Nouba is still my favorite.

Hopefully Disney is considering adding another Cirque show. Not sure how they should do it. Be it another building specific to the new show or just adding it to the current La Nouba building. But a new show would be nice.

KaneMarko

There's a youtube clip of a performance of Alegria, I believe somewhere in Canda, where the performance was outdoors. Maybe if Disney did add another Cirque show, they could make a it a grand outdoor theater specific for the show. That way they can do their whole fireworks and other special effects stuff. IDK, just an idea.

NewfieFan

I actually filled out this survey! It was quite a long survey and there were a few questions that asked opinions about "another" show in DTD... Whether I not I would attend another Cirque branded show in DTD, what type of shows most interest me, etc. And those specific examples above were on the survey. It asked us which ones we would be interested in seeing.

It certainly seems like they are putting out feelers about either changing Cirque or adding another show to DTD!

Testtrack321

I imagine Cirque will stay, but the show will probably change. Maybe not a 100% new show, but a re-imagined one with new effects, stunts, and skits between the main showpieces.

menamechris

It would be awesome to have La Nouba stay where it is, and a new Cirque show built on the other end of Downtown Disney in the new Hyperian Wharf. It's gonna need something! Ha!

Most likely a long shot, but it would go a long way to making Downtown Disney relevant again.

CJR

There's enough land behind the theater for an expansion. Also, the Virgin Megastore space looks large enough to be turned into a theater. Aside from those locations, I'm not sure where they would put it.

llrain

i dont think you will see a 2nd show go up along side the current. The current venue show is having a hard enough time getting people in the doors, it wouldn't mean financial sense to add another.
What would make sense is to replace La Nouba all together with a fresh new show.

In Cirque's world this is much more feasable:
Send La Nouba on the road so the country can see a new show for a couple years. While La Nouba is gone lets put in a fresh show to draw more crowds.
This will appease the country with a new touring show and at the same time appease the Disney tourists and Local crowds with something new.

imagineer boy

I took that survey too! But I highly doubt they'd build another show on WDW property because that would cannibalize La Nouba attendance. And I honestly DO NOT want to see La Nouba replaced. IMO its one of Cirque's very best shows and one of its most beautiful and has the best characters.

As for having a cirque show with Disney characters... NO!!! That would be horrendous on so many levels. Cirque's style does not mix with Disney characters.

i dont think you will see a 2nd show go up along side the current. The current venue show is having a hard enough time getting people in the doors, it wouldn't mean financial sense to add another.
What would make sense is to replace La Nouba all together with a fresh new show.

Why do people keep saying La Nouba is struggling with attendance? I saw it twice on my last visit and it was packed both times. Plus why would they continue to do two shows a day if they're having such trouble. And like I said above I do not want to see La Nouba replaced. Cirque has never replaced any of its resident shows. Plus adding the jump ropes and juggling acts were good additions to keep the show fresh.

In Cirque's world this is much more feasable:
Send La Nouba on the road so the country can see a new show for a couple years. While La Nouba is gone lets put in a fresh show to draw more crowds.
This will appease the country with a new touring show and at the same time appease the Disney tourists and Local crowds with something new.

It would be nearly impossible to make La Nouba a touring show without making serious alterations and reduce a lot of the shows elements. Like the four stage elevators, the trampoline building, the backdrop with the moving props, the band areas, it just wouldn't work.

llrain

Why do people keep saying La Nouba is struggling with attendance? I saw it twice on my last visit and it was packed both times. Plus why would they continue to do two shows a day if they're having such trouble. And like I said above I do not want to see La Nouba replaced. Cirque has never replaced any of its resident shows. Plus adding the jump ropes and juggling acts were good additions to keep the show fresh.

it is filling the seats because time and again they are offering at least DVC
member tickets for 30.00-50.00 a ticket instead of 125.00. Thats why its filling up, nevermind the discounts they may be offering other people.
If these discounts were not around you would not see half the attendance you are seeing.
Suffering in that they are marking down tickets over 50%. Sounds to me like treading water to stay alive. The show has become stale, Its the same show with a few acts bowing out to be replaced only, so the average person will not repeat see this show.

It would be nearly impossible to make La Nouba a touring show without making serious alterations and reduce a lot of the shows elements. Like the four stage elevators, the trampoline building, the backdrop with the moving props, the band areas, it just wouldn't work.

Ah, you are not that familiar with Cirque. Cirque has the greatest ability
to place any act under a real Big tent. you would be amazed of the offerings
brought by their other shows. Much more impressive that La Nouba is and are
very mobile. I can guarantee not a single element would need to be removed. Everything you mention, the band, props, would absolutely work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom