New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What about the top level (206)?
Personally, I would never get a seat outside the red angle. The closer to the stage the better. The stadium seats are tiered enough that the person in front of you doesn't block your view.

1638563155755.png

mergatroid

Did the front row for La Nouba once. It was good because you were so close, we were right in front of one of the stage lifts so as the lift rose the characters would actually nod to you etc. The downside was you didn't get the same overall 'feel' to the show, in as much as you were so close to the stage that some of the time you couldn't take it all in.

wutisgood

are there ever any discounts for this show if they have last minute seats to fill? I know disney would rather leave something half empty than five anyone a dollar off but given this is a cirque production I would think it's more of a possibility.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
are there ever any discounts for this show if they have last minute seats to fill? I know disney would rather leave something half empty than five anyone a dollar off but given this is a cirque production I would think it's more of a possibility.
not typically, no. Not even for Castmembers unfortunately

the.dreamfinder

Did the front row for La Nouba once. It was good because you were so close, we were right in front of one of the stage lifts so as the lift rose the characters would actually nod to you etc. The downside was you didn't get the same overall 'feel' to the show, in as much as you were so close to the stage that some of the time you couldn't take it all in.
I find with cirque shows, both Grand Chapiteau and a resident show like La Nouba, that you want to be center upper to middle of the lower section. When I saw “Volta”, we were close to where you were sitting and there was too much neck bending for my comfort.

wutisgood

That sounds so terrible. The fact that managemenrt in that theater was more concerned about losing money than the safety of the performer or cast is concerning. Personally I just could not treat that event like a player getting hurt at a football game where random things could happen. This is a planned out stage show with safety protocols in place. If a performer gets hurt the management should have a responsibility in my opinion to stop the show immediately and review their safety protocols to make sure nothing else could go wrong in the present or future shows.

mergatroid

That sounds so terrible. The fact that managemenrt in that theater was more concerned about losing money than the safety of the performer or cast is concerning. Personally I just could not treat that event like a player getting hurt at a football game where random things could happen. This is a planned out stage show with safety protocols in place. If a performer gets hurt the management should have a responsibility in my opinion to stop the show immediately and review their safety protocols to make sure nothing else could go wrong in the present or future shows.
There's an element of risk in acrobatics that is always going to be there. Depending on the reason behind the 'accident' would normally dictate what happened. If a prop broke injuring a performer that's a safety issue that would have to be investigated thoroughly before it was used again. So for instance if a rope snapped or a swing came lose that would mean the end of that until they figured out what happened and how to prevent it in future. If it's a timing issue and a performer messes up and hurts himself there's little that can be done about it, in a perverse way that's part of the show.

When people watch a stunt show or a circus act, whilst you don't want to see people getting hurt or worse the fact they could be adds to the tension and drama. The performer at some point has to rely on their skill and if that let's them down, that's when they get injured. Without knowing exactly what happened, what their protocols are and what the rest of the cast feel about stopping the show it's difficult to say whether the right or wrong decision was made. Without being unsympathetic if it was a leg break then that is probably something the performers are mentally prepared for. They obviously don't want any injury but will have factored in many scenarios as a possibility when choosing the career that they have. If the performer was paralyzed and had bones protruding through his skin then I'd imagine they'd perhaps cancel the show.

I wish the performer well.

eliza61nyc

Okay I'm going to play devils advocate, only because in college I performed in musical theater. Similar scenario happened during one performance where a piece of the background catwalk collapsed sending 2 performers crashing to the floor with heavy settings on top.
One of the emergency protocols in place was to drop the curtain, fade to darkness and move the injured backstage to get medical treatment from the professionals while the rest of the cast/crew continues. A part of it is that in an emergency you want everyone to clear out the way and let help get to the injured, not have 20 performers trying to "help"
Now I don't know about the management of that venue but I'm willing to bet 10 lords-a-leeping that cirque has something similar in place

JIMINYCR

When you have shows that include elements of danger, theres always the chance for the unexpected to happen. We all go to events and shows that include harrowing acts because we are excited by watching risks taken. These are professional acrobats and performers and they are well aware of the risks they take nightly. When an accident does happen, they certainly are affected by seeing that one of their own has been hurt. But unless theres a death, they have the long held tradition that "The show must go on."

EPCOTServo21

I was at the show where this fall happened. Cirque continued the show - after the performer was given medical attention & transported to the hospital - and Cirque almost always tries to continue their show in some way unless they absolutely cannot for some circumstance(s). I understand why some people may have preferred to get a refund or be able to return to see a different show if they were at this performance but I will say, also, that the remainder of the show was their typical show [they just continued without finishing this specific act]. I would also add that if you return to see a different show now - I returned once more after this show where he fell - that the show has understandably changed because they appear to not be doing that act while this performer is out. I’m unsure if an alternate will be brought on to bring that act back before the injured performer returns. Sometimes they also rotate some acts in their Cirque shows as well, as another example of this is that the juggling act was not part of the most recent show I attended a few days ago. I’ve seen numerous Cirque shows where some acts do get rotated out during the week and other times where an act is just skipped from the show. In the version of this show, when they do not have the trapeze performers, there is this alternate act where the female animators/artists dance and interact with the paint and projections (much of the same as the act when the trapeze is revealed within the projections).

EPCOTServo21

Appeared to be several new performers in the show tonight. I’m not sure if this is an A/B type rotation that some of their shows have or if some performers’ contracts were up. The Wheel of Death act also performed tonight & the trapeze act was still out of the show. I’m not sure if they’re selling more seats now due to changes in COVID protocols inside - I don’t know if they ever weren’t purposely selling all available seats since they opened for any social distancing of sorts - but the last evening show was a very full house. It was nice to see the cast have a [what appeared to be] a nearly sold out show.

Benjamin_Nicholas

Appeared to be several new performers in the show tonight. I’m not sure if this is an A/B type rotation that some of their shows have or if some performers’ contracts were up. The Wheel of Death act also performed tonight & the trapeze act was still out of the show. I’m not sure if they’re selling more seats now due to changes in COVID protocols inside - I don’t know if they ever weren’t purposely selling all available seats since they opened for any social distancing of sorts - but the last evening show was a very full house. It was nice to see the cast have a [what appeared to be] a nearly sold out show.

No, there were no expiring contracts and none of the performers are new.

There is A/B/C casting. This was from the inception.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom