New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

brb1006

I saw the show last night and it's SO GOOD.

Its opening (no spoilers) is DISTINCTLY Disney animation and the rest of the show has a wonderful balance of Disney touches without being "in your face Disney" and is 100% Cirque. There are also nods to La Nouba in a couple of the songs and there is a DEFINITE shout-out to La Nouba in one scene.

Favorite acts (I know I'm going to get the names wrong): Aerial pencil, death wheel and the mom/dad dancing scene (it's beautiful)
Sounds like the perfect show to watch on Disney's 100th Anniversary in 2023. Perfect show for hardcore animations fans.

brb1006

Quick question, how long is the show? I have tickets for the 5:30pm show on January 6th. I had forgotten I had purchased the
tickets and I have a 7:30pm reservation for dinner at the French restaurant in Epcot. What are my chances of being able to keep
the reservation?
If I remember correctly, Cirque shows are usually an hour long.

t3techcom18

Quick question, how long is the show? I have tickets for the 5:30pm show on January 6th. I had forgotten I had purchased the
tickets and I have a 7:30pm reservation for dinner at the French restaurant in Epcot. What are my chances of being able to keep
the reservation?

It's 90 minutes, so definitely try to push it back if possible.

JIMINYCR

Cant wait for our next trip for this. Cirque always has been on our list of Must Do's when we go to WDW. Sadly we had plans made when it was shut out by covid and we didnt have the opportunity to see the new production. Well worth the ticket price.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
the reservation?
90 minutes with no intermission...you'll be pushing it.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

Cirque du Soleil announces the addition of 2 new acts as 'Drawn to Life' nears its premiere at Walt Disney World​

Cirque-du-Soleil_Full_45120.jpg

What acts did these replace from the original concept? Someone said they had Diablos in the show

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

I was there tonight!

They couldn't get the two double wheeled apparatus up into the recess of the stage's attic. At least at first. It took about 10-15 minutes, then the show continued.

It was hard to tell what was happening with the stage hands wearing vantablack cloaks. Good thing my camera has a low light and zoom settings so I could see what they were working on.

Lotta people took a potty break.

TikibirdLand

I was there tonight!

They couldn't get the two double wheeled apparatus up into the recess of the stage's attic. At least at first. It took about 10-15 minutes, then the show continued.

It was hard to tell what was happening with the stage hands wearing vantablack cloaks. Good thing my camera has a low light and zoom settings so I could see what they were working on.

Lotta people took a potty break.
Are you sure they used vantablack? Didn't know it was available in any cloth...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For Drawn to Life, when they say that "there are no bad seats," IMO, there are.

There are screens, which enhance the show, that can't be seen from the extreme sides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom