New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

Cmdr_Crimson

This is going to work fairly well with the resort...Glad Cirque is sticking around and not changing to a standard concert venue...

:D:D:D:D:D:D Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still going to ugly-cry on 12/31 but this announcement helps me cope!

I'm glad I have the official DVD of the show while I found it at a Resale store for $2! I can watch it anytime....But, I will miss hearing the advertisment..That used the Song "Distorted"

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
This is going to work fairly well with the resort...Glad Cirque is sticking around and not changing to a standard concert venue...

I'm glad I have the official DVD of the show while I found it at a Resale store for $2! I can watch it anytime....But, I will miss hearing the advertisment..That used the Song "Distorted"

Random fact - I was working at Cirque when they filmed the show. Yay college program :)

14jessica

I know they haven't announced an opening date for the new show but does anyone have a guess when the new show is likely to open? We are going in October this year and I'm wondering if it will be open by then.

Bairstow

Not entirely thrilled with the idea of it being Disney themed. But seeing the success of tribute shows like MJ One and of course The Beatles LOVE, I am confident Cirque du Soleil can create a tasteful show centered around Disney animation. I hope it is more abstract than literal. By that I mean I can envision an aerial act with ties to Tarzan, a water bowl act which could be representative of the Little Mermaid, even something like sand painting would be beautiful to see. The possibilities are endless, really. I just hope this new show doesn't involve fur and Disney characters dancing about. That would be slap in the face replacement for La Nouba, imo of course.

Yeah, that's pretty much my take.
It's beyond time for La Nouba to get swapped out but I was hoping for another CdS original and not another Disney "clip show" style production. Here's to hoping that Disney gives the creative team an extremely wide birth to be as loose as they want in their interpretations, like "Festival of Fantasy" times three. The last thing we need is a more expensive version of "Mickey's Magical Map" with wirework.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Ok @AJH219 where do you get all of your Cirque dirt from? I love Cirque and worked at La Nouba on my college program. I'd love to get more details on all CDS shows!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom