New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

the.dreamfinder

the.dreamfinder

Tokyo Disney Resort’s former Cirque show, Zed, will be streamed on Cirque Connect this Friday.
1587067172152.png

Benjamin_Nicholas

Buying Bluesman Group was s mistake.

BMG had little-to-nothing to do with this current situation. They were just a tens of millions buyout... Peanuts in comparison to the bigger debt picture. Cirque was nearly $600 million in the hole already at that point (2017).

The latest show to close in Vegas, RUN, was a more costly flop than the price tag on the company buying BMG.

Bankruptcy is imminent, but they if they want to survive, they will need to restructure into something smaller. Cut the fat, the number of open shows and the overall scope of spectacle. And that makes me incredibly sad, as it will directly affect a lot of performers and creatives I know and love.

the.dreamfinder

BMG had little-to-nothing to do with this current situation. They were just a tens of millions buyout... Peanuts in comparison to the bigger debt picture. Cirque was nearly $600 million in the hole already at that point (2017).

The latest show to close in Vegas, RUN, was a more costly flop than the price tag on the company buying BMG.

Bankruptcy is imminent, but they if they want to survive, they will need to restructure into something smaller. Cut the fat, the number of open shows and the overall scope of spectacle. And that makes me incredibly sad, as it will directly affect a lot of performers and creatives I know and love.
Any thoughts on Cirque being a acquisition target by Quebecor?

Benjamin_Nicholas

Any thoughts on Cirque being a acquisition target by Quebecor?

It's a lovely thought, as they have the capital to clean things up, but from my vantage point, I don't see it happening.

In a perfect world, I'd love to see Guy resume duties, but even he knows that it would drain him dry. He's having a tough enough time keeping his new creative venture, PY1, open and profitable.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Lifeline loan by Quebec government which has first right to buy if Cirque sells. This will at least quell corporate raider fears.

the.dreamfinder

Lifeline loan by Quebec government which has first right to buy if Cirque sells. This will at least quell corporate raider fears.
Or at least control who eventually buys Cirque since it won’t be a fire sale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom