New Characters in the parks?

Tarbi said:
I am not sure if it rare to see this character but I saw Rebecca from Talespin right next to lauch oad on my last visit.

Speaking of Rebecca, a character greeter at the Magic Kingdom told me one day last month that Rebecca has been taken out of the parks to get a redesign?

Is there any more truth to that?

disneyphilip said:
Speaking of Rebecca, a character greeter at the Magic Kingdom told me one day last month that Rebecca has been taken out of the parks to get a redesign?

Is there any more truth to that?

To revive this nice topic once more, the same character greeter at Splash Mountain last month that told me that Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable were going to be face characters is the same person who told me that Rebecca has been taken away from the parks to get a facelift.

That same greeter (and one at the Toontown Hall of Fame) also told me some other bits of character news that I think I should share:

First, I was told that there have been talks of bringing Jessica Rabbit out for meets at MGM...and maybe even a comeback of Roger Rabbit.

The greeter at Splash also told me that the following characters would be returning to the parks for meets within the coming months:

-Brer Fox (with a new look)
-Maid Marian (with a new look)
-The 3 Little Pigs
-Big Bad Wolf
-Mowgli (maybe)
-Flower
-Kit Cloudkicker

That Splash character greeter also said that Lizzie McGuire was also coming to MGM and would also be a face character.

Donald is now wearing his own chef outfit at the Chef Mickey's character dinner at the Contemporary Resort.

The Blue Fairy, Flora, Fauna, Merryweather, Jaq and Gus-Gus are also high in demand for meets and have at least been rumored to start coming out for meets at the parks again in the future.

At Laughingplace.com, an entertainment CM there posted these character enhancements (and others) that will be starting on October 24th:

-Figment will start making appearances at Epcot around late October/early November

-Goofy, Chip and Dale (in space outfits) and Stitch are going to start making appearances in Tomorrowland later this year.

-Donald and Daisy are going to start making more frequent appearances at Mickey's Toontown Fair.

And I still hope to find the other characters that have already returned to the parks (Darkwing Duck; Rescue Ranger Chip 'n' Dale and Huey, Dewey & Louie).

Have the Rescuers, Basil & Ratigan, Clarabelle Cow and the Oliver and Company characters started coming out yet?

Atta83

Word is the incredibles will be making appearances soon. Not sure when though. It might be before the movie is out or after. But it would be better if they were out to promote the movie.

Atta83 said:
Word is the incredibles will be making appearances soon. Not sure when though. It might be before the movie is out or after. But it would be better if they were out to promote the movie.

Ooops! Forgot about them.

I already know about the Incredibles coming to the parks soon, though.

loading890

I have yet to see or hear anything on these so called "new" characters. I have yet to see thumper, or pictures of him in the parks. Where are they?

drew81

I believe Thumper was part of the "test". I did find out the Clarabelle Cow and Horace Horsecollar are in the Halloween parade. I was also told they were going to be in the parks on a regular basis.

TheDisneyGirl02

Atta83 said:
Very good idea! They would be smart to do that...and so many kids already know about the Incredibles that I think it would be highly sucessful for both the parks and the movie divisions!

TheDisneyGirl02

Ariel17

Does anyone know if Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid has ever or will ever make greet appearances at Disneyworld? I know he's been seen in Japan, but what about Florida? I'd love to see pictures..*droolfest*<3

drew81

Someone I know who works with the characters at the Studios told me the Incredibles have been out. Not for sure about exact dates. But she said they have been out.

drew81

Prince Eric can be seen in Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and Fantasmic. He is also in the Share a Dream Come True parade at the Magic Kingdom. He rarely comes out for greets. You can always have guest relations call for you.

TheDisneyGirl02

Ariel17 said:
Does anyone know if Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid has ever or will ever make greet appearances at Disneyworld? I know he's been seen in Japan, but what about Florida? I'd love to see pictures..*droolfest*<3
One time when I was working with Ariel, I had the pleasure to also do a set with Prince Eric. I was so excited. No pictures though since I was working and there were trainers around!

TheDisneyGirl02

PixyDust

I haven't read this entire thread, but we did meet one character we would never have expected at the halloween party this year. A gargoyle. I know the party always brings out not-so-popular characters, but I never expected the gargoyle. He was MAJOR scary!

As far as everyday characters, we had our picture made with Kermit and Piggy this year at Studios. We had not seen them in this capacity in the past.

Snoballego

TheDisneyGirl02 said:
One time when I was working with Ariel, I had the pleasure to also do a set with Prince Eric. I was so excited. No pictures though since I was working and there were trainers around!

TheDisneyGirl02

I know for a fact that he used to appear in the grotto after the 3 o clock parade sometimes. Just like Prince Charming would appear at Expo after the 3 o clock parade...

PixyDust said:
I haven't read this entire thread, but we did meet one character we would never have expected at the halloween party this year. A gargoyle. I know the party always brings out not-so-popular characters, but I never expected the gargoyle. He was MAJOR scary!

The gargoyle that you're talking about is Goliath from the mid-1990s Disney animated TV series "Gargoyles".

tirian

It's time for Disney to resurrect the old characters and allow children to fall in love with them again. When I was seven and we went to WDW, nearly every character was out, including Mr. Walrus (I have a pic with him), Bernard, Bianca, Dumbo, Aurora and Prince Philip, and many, many others.

In fact, one of my favorite Disney memories involves Chip and Dale as Rescue Rangers: the meet-and-greet line was extremely long, and the Adventureland manager came out and turned people away because they were crowding the characters. My family had just gotten in line; and as we turned to walk away, the manager tapped my mom's arm and told her, "Hey, ya'll can come with me." He brought us to Chip and Dale, where we got premium time with two very popular characters! Great pics: it's in the middle of July, and hardly anyone else is in the picture.

DisneyFratboy said:
as an entertainment cast member myself, I can say that Magic Kingdom is testing out the characters. Chip and Dale have been seen lately in their "rescue ranger" cloths, and look adorable.

Wow, the last time I saw the munks in RR was when I started with Entertainment ten years ago!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom