New Characters in the parks?

fruitcake

Thumper in the parks....my hubby will be in heaven!!! He is one of his favorite characters. And the thought of Bernard and Bianca from the Rescuers....that is awesome!!! :sohappy: Hopefully they will all be out in 43 days!! Also good to hear that the Robin Hood characters are back out. We saw them 10 years ago in Epcot when we were there for our honeymoon. That is one of my all time favorite movies. Actually my main mission this time is to find Dopey. I remember first meeting him on my first trip to Disney when I was four, and have never come acrosss any of the dwarves since. You know a "fruitcake" just has to meet Dopey! :) We have scheduled the PSB so we can meets all the princess'...something else I have never had the opportunity to do.

mrtoad

fruitcake said:
Thumper in the parks....my hubby will be in heaven!!! He is one of his favorite characters. And the thought of Bernard and Bianca from the Rescuers....that is awesome!!! :sohappy: Hopefully they will all be out in 43 days!! Also good to hear that the Robin Hood characters are back out. We saw them 10 years ago in Epcot when we were there for our honeymoon. That is one of my all time favorite movies. Actually my main mission this time is to find Dopey. I remember first meeting him on my first trip to Disney when I was four, and have never come acrosss any of the dwarves since. You know a "fruitcake" just has to meet Dopey! :) We have scheduled the PSB so we can meets all the princess'...something else I have never had the opportunity to do.

I took the photo in your avatar :animwink: in Toontown Fair in January. In the back of the large store in Toontown Fair there are rooms for character meet and greets. We met Dopey, Eeyore, Tigger, Chip & Dale, Minnie, Cinderella, the two female mice from Cinderella, and Goofy & Max back there. I think that was all of them.

ZHoyt

When will the Beagle Boys be in heavy rotation? I say replace every popular character with only 'obscure' ones. Maybe even make new costumes for old characters. I bet the horned king from the Black Cauldron would be popular.

CaptainMichael

On my last trip in December 2003, I didn't see Mickey Mouse anywhere. The only character I took a picture with was Captain Hook. I did see Donald and a country bear. Donald was too busy, and I didn't feel like waiting!

Real_Epcot_Fan

and also please who are these characters: Lady Tremaine, the hag, Humphrey & Audoban, J Woodlore, Ludwig von Drake?? Thanks so much to all of you for your cooperation!

and one last question to Hank Scorpio or anyone that knows, in what theme park and whre exactly is located that Brear Rabbit statue that is in your avatar?

Thank you very much to all

Senderella

Real_Epcot_Fan said:
and also please who are these characters: Lady Tremaine, the hag, Humphrey & Audoban, J Woodlore, Ludwig von Drake?? Thanks so much to all of you for your cooperation!

Ludwig Von Drake was the duck character with the gray hair & glasses...

Humphrey was the goofy brown bear in cartoons from the 50's usually with Donald. (He's on the totem pole at Wilderness Lodge)

Audoban J Woodlore was the park ranger in the Humphrey cartoons. Bald & round park ranger.

Real_Epcot_Fan said:
Thank you very much Sen. I just gotta know now who is DW? lady trematine, the hag and where is loctaed that brer rabbit statue

DW stands for Darkwing Duck, the title character of an early 1990's Disney animated TV series.

Lady Tremaine is the name of Cinderella's evil stepmother.

The hag is another name that is often used when referring to the Witch from "Snow White".

The Brer Rabbit statue is located in the Hub at the Magic Kingdom--one of the several Disney character statues that surrounds the "Partners" statue in the center of the Hub.

MartyMouse

Don’t get me wrong I love the classic characters as much as the next guy, but do kids really know who Darkwing Duck is? The show barely has 2 seasons under its belt and I’m not even sure that you can see it ion TV any more. My son is 10 (getting past the age to care about the characters) and the only reason he knows who DW is, is because I had all the VHS tapes the Disney released in the mid 90s.

Chape19714

New charactors!!! YES!

I would like to see Lumiere. Hey, and if you don't know if a charactor will be out or not, go to guest relations, and they should be able to tell you where and what time. :animwink: ;) Stitch appears in his elvis outfit during the Golden Mickey's show on-board the Disney Magic and Wonder. Metting Cruela was really neat, and it was fun to watch her remarks while waiting in line, she is normally found in town square.

A CHARACTOR TRIVIA QUESTION:

If Donald Duck has three nephews, Hewie, Dewie, and Louie, who are Daisy Duck's 3 nieses? They do exist, and would love to meet them!

Click here for the answer, it's in my photo album.

mrtoad

STR8FAN2005 said:
On my last trip in December 2003, I didn't see Mickey Mouse anywhere. The only character I took a picture with was Captain Hook. I did see Donald and a country bear. Donald was too busy, and I didn't feel like waiting!

I believe Mickey only greets in two places. One is in front of the Castle after the Cinderella Surprise Celebration, the other is in Toontown Fair. I could be wrong, but I think that is correct.

mrtoad

MartyMouse said:
Don’t get me wrong I love the classic characters as much as the next guy, but do kids really know who Darkwing Duck is? The show barely has 2 seasons under its belt and I’m not even sure that you can see it ion TV any more. My son is 10 (getting past the age to care about the characters) and the only reason he knows who DW is, is because I had all the VHS tapes the Disney released in the mid 90s.

I do agree that DW is a strange one as a lot of kids might not know who he is but same with many of the Rescue Rangers characters. I think it is good they are mixing it up though. For every 10 year old like your son who is getting past the age to care about the characters, there are new younger kids ariving for the first time. I think it is a balance. Also there could be a time he goes back to wanting to see them.

Piebald

Original Poster
MartyMouse said:

Your son is 10 though. Thats why he doesn't remember. Do all kids remember who Betty Boop is? Probably not... but they still get to meet her at IOA or USF. Darkwing Duck was huge back in the day and a big hit with the High School crowd nowadays. I just graduated and you don't know how many conversations come up about old shows we used to watch and Darkwing Duck (in fact all of Disney Afternoon shows) ALWAYS come up! Everyone is like "yeah DW was cool!! I used to watch that! And Tale Spin....etc". No one was ashamed about admitting it. It was a great show we all used to watch. I think it's still on Toon Disney too even.

Moonshadow1

Chape19714 said:
New charactors!!! YES!

I would like to see Lumiere. Hey, and if you don't know if a charactor will be out or not, go to guest relations, and they should be able to tell you where and what time. :animwink: ;) Stitch appears in his elvis outfit during the Golden Mickey's show on-board the Disney Magic and Wonder. Metting Cruela was really neat, and it was fun to watch her remarks while waiting in line, she is normally found in town square.

A CHARACTOR TRIVIA QUESTION:

If Donald Duck has three nephews, Hewie, Dewie, and Louie, who are Daisy Duck's 3 nieses? They do exist, and would love to meet them!

Click here for the answer, it's in my photo album.

April, May, and June.
I have never seen them.

Yenfid

I saw Mickey in Epcot inbtween Future World and World Showcase in May. There was Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Chip & Dale, Baloo, Trek, and Goofy.

I also saw Mickey at the Studios. By the anamation building and walking Mickey Ave as Jedi Mickey for Star Wars Weekends.

Atta83

mkt said:
*whistles*

dsc04425_std.jpg

dsc04426_std.jpg

But Rob you can find chip and dale like that at the beach club breakfast. Max and Goofy can be found at Blizzard Beach and have been there now for a few months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom