News New Changes Coming to the Disney Look 2021

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
The outfits itself bother me more than short/long sleeves and/or tattoo's. Neither are that great combinations for me.
If we could replace the red jacket-thing with the old blue jacket thing (Im not sure how it's called, not even in my native language), it would be neat. The hat is also nice by the way.

The long sleeves even look slightly discomforting and way too puffy, while the right CM looks more at ease in her clothes, even without seeing her eyes. Her body language is more relaxed, while the left one feels slightly forced.

I see two CM's and couldnt care less which one helps me, based on looks. I'm more interested in wich one will help me kindly ;-)
If either one was going to offer me the same level of service, I would prefer they look professional. But I’m old and the world is changing.

RunningKoen

If either one was going to offer me the same level of service, I would prefer they look professional. But I’m old and the world is changing.

I dont think one of them is looking more or less professional than the other, but that's personal taste. For me, there's more magic in the experience and interactions with a CM than if I deem their looks fitting for the magic or theme.

As long as I can recognise them as a CM, I'm a happy guest. I dont wanna ask my stupid questions to a random guest I mistook for a CM ;-)

TrainsOfDisney

I dont think one of them is looking more or less professional than the other, but that's personal taste. For me, there's more magic in the experience and interactions with a CM than if I deem their looks fitting for the magic or theme.

As long as I can recognise them as a CM, I'm a happy guest. I dont wanna ask my stupid questions to a random guest I mistook for a CM ;-)

Happens to me on a regular basis. I was once yelled at by a lady because the skyliner wasn’t running when I was waiting for my americano at joffreys! Serves me right for wearing my D23 shirt!

But again... if all you care about is the ability to recognize them as a CM then themed costumes are not necessary and we can go to the “Disney Parks” polo like Six Flags.

RunningKoen

Happens to me on a regular basis. I was once yelled at by a lady because the skyliner wasn’t running when I was waiting for my americano at joffreys! Serves me right for wearing my D23 shirt!

But again... if all you care about is the ability to recognize them as a CM then themed costumes are not necessary and we can go to the “Disney Parks” polo like Six Flags.

All cast in the same recognisable polo would work for me. Like I mentioned, it's not where the magic is for me personally. I enjoy other things (and dislike other things).

We could also discuss how much the hairbands on the mount everest ruin your experience. Or if the castle is still thé castle while it's hot pink. Or how IP has ruined things?

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes :) Keep that in mind. For the CM's aswell. Not every CM will be fully covered in tats, jewelery etc. etc.)

Parker in NYC

I think this shows how much standards have changed in the past year.

View attachment 549471

I can't with these lowered standards:

thisactually.png

Parker in NYC

The castle is just expressing itself more as part of the 5th key. It's all part of the new disney look. ;-)
That is one messed up chord then (womp-womp)! We can't even cover the thing up with sleeves. Although, maybe Stitch has some toilet paper lying around...

EDIT: If anyone posts the charred remains of the Stitch animatronic, I'll go on a pro-Splash Mountain changes rant. You've been warned.

RunningKoen

That is one messed up chord then (womp-womp)! We can't even cover the thing up with sleeves. Although, maybe Stitch has some toilet paper lying around...

EDIT: If anyone posts the charred remains of the Stitch animatronic, I'll go on a pro-Splash Mountain changes rant. You've been warned.

That birthday cake look did cover the entire thing.

Jokes aside.. Things change. Some people like it. Some dont. Yet we're almost 65 pages into a discussion ...

Parker in NYC

That birthday cake look did cover the entire thing.

Jokes aside.. Things change. Some people like it. Some dont. Yet we're almost 65 pages into a discussion ...
I didn't mind the birthday cake. Eep! At least it made sense in terms of composition and color palate. And it left the back of the castle free for 'classic' photos. This one is a dissonant mess with the kind of trimmings someone with new money would spring upon themselves.

And wait until we hit 2,000 pages. I think a topic like this may stick around for a while. Maybe not that long, but who-CO knows-VID?

RunningKoen

The employee on the right looks sloppy and unprofessional. The CM on the left looks prepared and professional.

Can you futher describe what is (un)professional and prepared in your eyes?

Personally, I'd sooner approach the CM on the right. Always hard to judge by picture, but the left one feels more staged and the right one has a more natural and open body language.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom