New Center Stage at Disney's Hollywood Studios

note2001

If they actually start construction around the park this fall I could see them leaving the stage up and having some dumb show to make up for the headache to guests and to drive attendance.
Time to start a new rumor... I predict that once Elsa's Summer fun is over, the new promo for will be a Frozen - Star Wars mashup. The force is being reawakened, yet as far as I am aware, the force never fell asleep, was frozen or put in a coma. ...Must explain... introducing Sith Lord Elsa.

sith-elsa.jpg

... and the stage will remain, until the China pavilion comes knocking for it for NYE that is.

G00fyDad

I hate the stage too but it's up for a few months ... they're not leaving it that way all year long.

People are upset because there are trips planned and a lot of excitement was created thinking that they were going to finally get to see the theater in full view for the first time in nearly 14 years. Now, they have a huge stage dropped right in the middle of their view once again having something blocking the theater. Regardless of a few months or a full year, it is still upsetting to those taking trips there. Especially to those of us that are fed up with all of the Frozen garbage. It makes it seem like an even larger nuisance.

Bolt

People are upset because there are trips planned and a lot of excitement was created thinking that they were going to finally get to see the theater in full view for the first time in nearly 14 years. Now, they have a huge stage dropped right in the middle of their view once again having something blocking the theater. Regardless of a few months or a full year, it is still upsetting to those taking trips there. Especially to those of us that are fed up with all of the Frozen garbage. It makes it seem like an even larger nuisance.
I doubt many people planned trips to see the hat gone.

Seabasealpha1

So...when's this site gonna quit using pictures of the (now deceased) hat for posts about the studios? I know it's a small point...but it feels hard won...

aaand...it's kinda like a picture of an ex-girlfriend hanging up in the house with your wife present...

imagineer boy

Around September 7th. That is the last day of the Frozen Summer of Fun (Aren't we a little sick of Frozen by now??) and the stage should start coming down the next day. My guess is that by September 10th it will be down again. At least for another few months until the next useless celebration they drag it out for.

Ha! Wait until September when TDO starts saying "hmm, do we really need to pay all that money to remove a permanent stage? Let's keep it for the Frozen September celebration!"

hpyhnt 1000

So...when's this site gonna quit using pictures of the (now deceased) hat for posts about the studios? I know it's a small point...but it feels hard won...

aaand...it's kinda like a picture of an ex-girlfriend hanging up in the house with your wife present...

Well, we still have the wand in pics for Epcot/SSE news. And it's the lousy "Epcot" version, not the decent "2000" version. I'm thinking Steve was/is a secret fan of the wand, hence the unchanging picture. But he can't come out and admit it because there would probably be a revolt against him. :D

note2001

DHS uses this stage for their NYE.
Yes, t'was a joke. Theirs is shaped differently and is set for other sorts of effects, but it made me laugh to think of a group of CMs literally knocking at a door, march in double-time and steal it away for use in the China pavillion.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Anyone whining about a stage during frozen should know that they did the exact thing again, last year. While they aren't near to blame because it could have been a "one year" thing- there's a little trick about frozen stuff.

And what if you were told the stage shouldn't be there this year in its current state if plans had gone as originally envisaged?

mm52200

If anyone whines about the stage being up during SWW that it blocks the view, they need punched. It's been like that for years- why anyone would think differently this year is no ones fault but their own for lack of planning.
Anyone whining about a stage during frozen should know that they did the exact thing again, last year. While they aren't near to blame because it could have been a "one year" thing- there's a little trick about frozen stuff.
Gonna let you in on a secret Goofy- if you don't like frozen stuff- you don't have to watch it! Crazy, right? In fact, now that there are two parades in addition to the fireworks, you have double the opportunity to skip it and ride whatever rides you want (save TSMM) with absolutely no waits! It's great. In addition, there is no wait at all for the Fantasmic! Late show.
And for those that do (or kids) like frozen, they have the option to have another event or two at the desolate park known as DHS.

But, of course, I must have forgotten that you were tied down to the side of Hollywood boulevard being stuck to stare at the stage and all things Frozen.
You're attitude is really unnecessary. People are complaining because TDO should have taken this as an opportunity to build a permanent stage that would be a lot less intrusive than the horrible temporary stage that they continue to put up. We are all very smart and well aware that some kind of stage would be back. We just assumed or hoped that it wouldn't be the ugly temporary event stage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom