New Center Stage at Disney's Hollywood Studios

mm52200

Hopefully this is just temporary cause I don't know what's worse...maybe this will just be to get through the summer time events and then they can build a real permanent stage with hidden infrastructure for the lighting and what not that won't block the theatre. Atleast I can dream.

JoeCamel

When not in use, they should have the screen show an image of the part of the theatre that it is hiding, sort of a digital scrim. ;)

Maybe just put a camera on the back of the screen and port it to the screen? Cell phonesque?

Of course that would be admitting that it does matter if they block the view.

ToTBellHop

Well, you could pick an image that would work pretty well for most of the street, I'd think.
Because the screen is pretty far in front of the actual Chinese theater, any image they could use would work from one vantage point only and be distracting everywhere else.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Keep the parade where it is with a mini stage in the vicinity.

I've seen the crowds too. I did Frozen Summer (including the zoo of the last night) plus Friday the 13th Villains Night the first time. SOA is for intents and purpose the same length as Hollywood. Plus you've the old Washington Sq space. Plus you've the street to and in front of Premiere Theatre with a clear view of the stage area. Plus you've a perfect spot on the main crossroads for a second LCD screen.

But I'm not an armchair engineer. People get paid to think these things.

The fireworks you missed

I actually think that setup is better. They could even incorporate elements of projection/lighting to the area as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom