New Beast Costume

Don't really understand why they have to alter the Beasts appearance, but it is Disney being Disney I suppose. If there wasn't at least one shake your head moment a month from Disney it wouldn't be Disney.

The new costume is a huge improvement for the performer. Old Beast also didn't really move right, something that can't be seen in photos.
I would think the Disney Imagineers could come up with a new costume that moves more freely without changing the appearance of the character itself.

Of course, however compared to other recent costume changes I think Beast is one of the least off model from the original film.
That is true. Still think they could have kept the face the same and improved the mobility of the costume, but it is Disney and they make changes sometimes that most don't fully understand. When it comes down to it though in the scheme of things it is not that big of a thing.

brb1006

So let me get this straight. Apparently, WDW can change out the Beast costumes in a timely fashion, but somehow there's still two sets of Mickey and Minnie's running around over 6 months after MRFF debuted? The way they do things makes no sense to me.
I don't get how WDW won't swap Mickey and Minnie already at this point.

brb1006

It bothers me to no end that Ariel meets as a mermaid, it's also kind of riddiculous that Gaston meets even though it's pretty much assumed that he died. Regardless I think Disneys excuse is that the meet and greets happen in the middle of the movie/story.
I remember House Of Mouse hinted that the Disney characters are actually actors.

Cmdr_Crimson

That's been official "canon" for years as far as I know. Doesn't explain what they are in the parks though.

There off the job from their "Tooniverse" and go to the Real world to meet their fans in the Fictional wonderland pleasure palace...Under a contract from the Local 839...Hence why they are alive and off the clock on what they did for a living....Unless take things into their "Own" Hands...
a1f64c57cfb5f32b160a6bfe7cddf6fac8d7d52b_hq.jpg

pilka214

Going out on a limb here, but i'm assuming this new beast probably ties in more comfortably with the upcoming live action movie as well... it's probably a happy medium between the original and the remake... also this new beast looks a lot like some of the concept art for the movie, more baboon or mandrill like.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Not trying to go too off-topic but this was one of my favorite shows growing up. Great way to see older cartoons and it was fun to watch the new animation of all your favorite Disney characters interacting with each other.
I just wish it was a big enough hit to have built a house of mouse restaurant in Toon Town or Hollywood Studis. Oh well.

Cmdr_Crimson

I just wish it was a big enough hit to have built a house of mouse restaurant in Toon Town or Hollywood Studis. Oh well.

In a way...Club Villain at Sunset Showcase seems to take that aspect of it....Since they just use it for that...It could very well be a House of Mouse Theater/Restaurant...
Mickey's_House_of_Villains.jpg

I am Timmy

Here's a side-by-side of the 3 pictures provided so far, in the order they were posted:
SS4tfCm.png
Thanks so much for these pics! The one on the left reminds me of Rafiki's super happy nephew or something. The one in the middle looks over medicated, the one on the right seems to be just the right amount of scary-but-not. They could be brothers!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom