New atraction for Epcot!

mightyduck

Originally posted by markymark

Sorry, but I just don't get this whole pin trading lark! Oh well D'ya think we should end this thread drift now?

Nah...

I don't get the compulsiveness of the pin trading thing...but I think they make nice souvenirs because they don't take up much space, they don't eat much, and they are quiet...

markymark

Originally posted by mightyduck

Nah...

I don't get the compulsiveness of the pin trading thing...but I think they make nice souvenirs because they don't take up much space, they don't eat much, and they are quiet...

LOL!

I mean I like a lot of the pins they have and often buy them, but i just can't get my head round the whole trading asepct of it.

mightyduck

Originally posted by markymark

LOL!

I mean I like a lot of the pins they have and often buy them, but i just can't get my head round the whole trading asepct of it.

Exactly. That's how I feel about it. :)

mightyduck

Originally posted by DisneyFreak

"My God, it's full of stars."

Sorry, this just reminded me of this quote from one of the best movies ever made.

I've never seen 2001. Guess I should do that in the next few months...

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by mightyduck

I've never seen 2001. Guess I should do that in the next few months...

You know your movies Duckie. It can be a little strange at times. But it was filmed in 1968 and directed by Stanley Kubrick.

MrPromey

You know your movies Duckie. It can be a little strange at times. But it was filmed in 1969 and directed by Stanley Kubrick.

It's a true classic. Even if you don't go for sci-fi, you should watch it if for no other reason than to try to understand it. It addresses a lot of human issues under the guise of being fantasy fiction...

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Several things may be in the works for Epcot by 2006.

Wonders of Life may get a Toy Story retheming to it when Disney finds a new sponsor.

Living Seas will be rehabed when Disney finds a new sponsor

Mission: Space opens in 2003

A Weather Pavilion is planned for the area between The Land and The Living Seas (Rumor)

Spain may be the new World Showcase pavilion

And so and so fourth....

wdwmaniac

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15

And so and so fourth.... [/B]

Do you think the ride could be like flying over spain like teh one in CA.- Soaring over Cal. Because they said a new ride like that one may come to WS.

mightyduck

You know your movies Duckie. It can be a little strange at times. But it was filmed in 1968 and directed by Stanley Kubrick.

Yeah, it's a classic, I know....They gave me an American Studies degree without making me watch Casablanca or Citizen Kane, either... ;)

I'll get to it eventually...:)

DisJosh

Several things may be in the works for Epcot by 2006.

Wonders of Life may get a Toy Story retheming to it when Disney finds a new sponsor.

Living Seas will be rehabed when Disney finds a new sponsor

Mission: Space opens in 2003

A Weather Pavilion is planned for the area between The Land and The Living Seas (Rumor)

And so and so fourth....

Toy Story?! Youre kdding right? How does that have anyhting to do with what already exists in WoL?!

disneydentist

Originally posted by DisJosh

Toy Story?! Youre kdding right? How does that have anyhting to do with what already exists in WoL?!

Absolutely nothing. But Buzz and Woody are very hot according to my kids. I'd give better than even odds that the whole theme would be changed as has haapened with Horizons and World of Motion.

Incidentally, I'd be happy to see a "Soaring over..." attraction in world showcase as long as the exterior theming wasw harmonious.

MrPromey

Originally posted by disneydentist

Incidentally, I'd be happy to see a "Soaring over..." attraction in world showcase as long as the exterior theming wasw harmonious.

I don't see why it wouldn't be really. From what I've been told by people who have been on the one in DCA, it requires a pretty large building but I doubt they would drop something like that into WS without considering it's exterior. I mean, that is a big part of the pavilions in WS...

Goofster

This is cool, and I think It's be a cool ride for Epcot. I think It should be in some country that doesn't have any rides or shows, like Germany. That would be cool, and it'd be neat for disney buffs to see one of the castles that Cinderella Castle was actually based on. I think most of Germany is pretty beautiful, isn't it? I've never been there, so I guess I wouldn't really know.

Still, I'd probably rather see this ride go to AK in Soarin' Over the Serengetti, but I guess itd be cool in Epcot, too. Do you think the Imagineers have learned about their small mistakes from DCA: The fact that you can see the screen when you load-The scene changes. etc.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Accourding to Screamscape, a Toy Story theme may be planned for The Wonders of Life which would center around the toys caring for Andy's health.

On the subject of the Soarin' idea, seems that Disney is planning this sort of attraction for almost every park accourding to rumors. One rumor is that a Savannah Soarin' ride would be built for Animal Kingdom but those are rumors.

DisJosh

Accourding to Screamscape, a Toy Story theme may be planned for The Wonders of Life which would center around the toys caring for Andy's health.

On the subject of the Soarin' idea, seems that Disney is planning this sort of attraction for almost every park accourding to rumors. One rumor is that a Savannah Soarin' ride would be built for Animal Kingdom but those are rumors.

I dont think I would like a Toy Story theme for WoL. I like the current themiong w/ an update WoL would be even better.

WDWFanatic

I think soarin would fit better in AK. Soarin over spain??? nah! I'd would like to see them bring spain back to the plan since it was supposed to have a spot anyway. I also wish they would consider the mt. fuji idea. How bout a runaway swiss ski lift rollercoaster? A norwegian bob sled ride?

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
We shall see when Disney finally gets new sponsors for The Wonders of Life and The Living Seas. Who do you think will be the new sponsors?

DisJosh

Originally posted by WDWFanatic
I think soarin would fit better in AK. Soarin over spain??? nah! I'd would like to see them bring spain back to the plan since it was supposed to have a spot anyway. I also wish they would consider the mt. fuji idea. How bout a runaway swiss ski lift rollercoaster? A norwegian bob sled ride?

Anything like a rollercoaster or extremely large attraction portruding from any area in WS would ruin the atmosphere and theming of the WS.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Yeah but World Showcase needs something like that. There isn't much there besides the annoying Mexican Boat Ride, The Maelstrom, and a couple of theater shows based on attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom