New atraction for Epcot!

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
On the Whats new page on this site you have noticed a RUMOR that Epcot might be getting a new attraction in World Showcase. The RUMOR states that it could be A Soaring over California type attraction. Anybody got any opions on this? What class of a ride is Soaring? Is it a e type atraction?

DisJosh

Soarin is suposedly one of the best rides in DLCA. It's a simulator type ride that gives you the sensation of flying. I wouldnt mind it in WSC just as long as its not some abtrusive building that doesnt fir in w/ the rest of the SC.

markymark

Sounds great to me! I reckon it'd fit with just about any pavillion in WS. All the countries featured have the scenery that would make a Soarin' attraction great.

They might just copy the Soarin' Over California ride and put it in America.

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisJosh
Soarin is suposedly one of the best rides in DLCA. It's a simulator type ride that gives you the sensation of flying. I wouldnt mind it in WSC just as long as its not some abtrusive building that doesnt fir in w/ the rest of the SC.

well being the best in dca isnt saying much though! As for wdw what would they class this as? :)

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
It's an E ride.

Do you think its really a good idea to put a eride in WS. when I think of world showcase I dont think of e- rides being there.

DisJosh

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

Do you think its really a good idea to put a eride in WS. when I think of world showcase I dont think of e- rides being there.

Neither do I but something of this nature.......where the building its located in could be cleverly themed so that it would blend in w/ the rest of SC and not be obtrusive..........I wouldnt want to see anything like a Roller Coaster or ride of that sort in WS it would ruin the theming and atmosphere of the whole place.

zapper

E-Right

Considering how Disney is seeking new opportunities in China, I would conjecture that China's circlevision could be converted to a soaring type ride.

JAY-ROD

Original Poster
Re: E-Right

Originally posted by zapper
Considering how Disney is seeking new opportunities in China, I would conjecture that China's circlevision could be converted to a soaring type ride.

Could the Canda version be converted or not?

JAY-ROD

Original Poster

Neither do I but something of this nature.......where the building its located in could be cleverly themed so that it would blend in w/ the rest of SC and not be obtrusive..........I wouldnt want to see anything like a Roller Coaster or ride of that sort in WS it would ruin the theming and atmosphere of the whole place.

Would you rather it be in a new country or in a current one?

markymark

I don't think it matters if its in a new country or not. The only thing in favour of a new one might be that it can be a purpose built building, plus it would be a major attraction for when the new country opened.

mightyduck

Hmmm...if it were too cool an attraction, I could see the world showcase taking on the same tenor as MK for the rope drop...

DisJosh

Originally posted by MickeyMoose15
A new attraction for Epcot would be okay but let's put an E-Ticket attraction in the Magic Kingdom, please!

MK already has enough.........in order to boost atendance and keep EPCOT popular they have to fit it with some cool E rides.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
They already have Test Track and coming in 2003, Mission: Space. How many more thrill rides does it need? The Magic Kingdom hasn't had a E-Ticket attraction for 10 years now.

DisJosh

They already have Test Track and coming in 2003, Mission: Space. How many more thrill rides does it need? The Magic Kingdom hasn't had a E-Ticket attraction for 10 years now.

They need more than two!!! MK is one big E-ticket!

Chad

The soarin' rides definetly aren't thrill rides. They are no more intense then a Porch swing. There is a difference between 'E-ticket' and 'thrill ride'

I would imagine that if this was built, it would be placed near the back of world showcase, to draw more crowds back there, perhaps in italy? Flying over the alps would be amazing, not to mention around the leaning tower and the coloseum, through venice...Wow... Anways, plenty of oppurtunity for great shots with italy, thats my bet.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
How come Epcot continually keeps getting new E-Ticket attractions opposed to the Magic Kingdom. Year after year, I see every theme park besides the Magic Kingdom has gotten an E-Ticket ride. Come On!!! :mad:

DisJosh

How come Epcot continually keeps getting new E-Ticket attractions opposed to the Magic Kingdom. Year after year, I see every theme park besides the Magic Kingdom has gotten an E-Ticket ride. Come On!!! :mad:

B/C!!! MK isnt in need of major e rides right now like ALL the other parks are!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom