New album

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Hi again! Here's my album I made this weekend. Some of it anyway. It was 30 pages!! I know Laurie wants to see it because she's going to make the same one in Nashville in a few weeks!

IMG_0642014.jpg

IMG_0643015.jpg

IMG_0644016.jpg

IMG_0645017.jpg

IMG_0646018.jpg

ljs1691

Well it is beautiful. You did a great job. This is not a style I would normally choose but I can't wait to try something different. I hope mine turns out as wonderful as yours. The beach pics are perfect for this album. I can see how some pics would not work with the color scheme. It definitely needs subtle colors.

Hmmmm....you have my brain working hard about what I want to use in mine now.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Yep. Some of my pictures definitely would not have worked. I ordered some in black and white to finish some other pages.

mouselvrmom

Those are great pages! Do you just pick out your favorite pictures to do in an album like that, or do you use all of your pictures? I tend to use more pictures on my pages, which looks more cluttered because I have so many pictures.

wdwmomof3

I have just started back doing this myself. I like the way that you do yours. It is different from what I do and I really like it. I may try this in my next book. I tend to put more pictures on a page because I have so many to work with. I am currently working on my Disney pictures from this last trip.

Do you, or anyone, know where to get Disney scrap booking supplies at online or close to B'ham or Montgomery Alabama? I have been to Hobby Lobby but their paper is limited.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Those are great pages! Do you just pick out your favorite pictures to do in an album like that, or do you use all of your pictures? I tend to use more pictures on my pages, which looks more cluttered because I have so many pictures.

This was an album class. They listed how many pictures we needed for each page. I decided to make an album with pictures from a vacation we had taken. With 30 pages I fit a lot in.

I have realized that I don't need to use as many pictures as I want to. I just want to use the cute ones, and just enough others to get a sense of where we were or what was happening.

For albums about one subject - I love using the same paper throughout. That makes such a huge difference. I don't do that with my everyday pages, but I try to with other theme albums.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I have just started back doing this myself. I like the way that you do yours. It is different from what I do and I really like it. I may try this in my next book. I tend to put more pictures on a page because I have so many to work with. I am currently working on my Disney pictures from this last trip.

Do you, or anyone, know where to get Disney scrap booking supplies at online or close to B'ham or Montgomery Alabama? I have been to Hobby Lobby but their paper is limited.

Disney pages are hard because I want to use every picture! They're much harder to weed out. I have a lot on some pages.

A great online source for Disney is mousememories.com. It has almost every Disney product that I've seen. Storewise Hobby Lobby and Michaels just can't compete with local scrapbooking stores. Montgomery used to have one on the East side of town, and Birmingham had a few I visited. Look in the yellow pages and you'll find some. You can also check in the back of scrapbooking magazines for a list of local stores.:)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
I forgot to add that this album was 9x9 so it didn't take many pictures to fill up pages. Some pages had 5 or 6 pictures and I'm using black and white pictures on them. Once I get the pictures and finish the pages I'll post them.

ljs1691

Believe it or not, our Michaels is carrying a pretty big section of Disney. They have things I have not been able to find anywhere else (online or in other stores). It is worth a try anyway.

I agree with mousememories, they have almost anything you would need.

stephdanielle

I love the actual album, its gorgeous! Something different than the usual 12x12 I personally do anyways. And of course, your pages are stunning!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom