New AK attractions?

dvcnut39

Original Poster
If you go to my profile and look under favorite park, you'll see that I put "not Animal Kingdom". I did this because I feel that there is not nearly enough E-rides/attractions in a park larger than the other three parks combined. Don't get me wrong, other than the Dino-Rama area, I love the existing rides/attractions, but this park REALLY needs to add 2-3 more E-rides and a couple more dark rides.

I was just wandering what you guys think or if there are any rumors for AK other than Beastly Kingdom.

jmuboy

If you go to my profile and look under favorite park, you'll see that I put "not Animal Kingdom". I did this because I feel that there is not nearly enough E-rides/attractions in a park larger than the other three parks combined. Don't get me wrong, other than the Dino-Rama area, I love the existing rides/attractions, but this park REALLY needs to add 2-3 more E-rides and a couple more dark rides.

I was just wandering what you guys think or if there are any rumors for AK other than Beastly Kingdom.

I would love to see an elaborate Panada display.

the-reason14

I would love to see a splash mountain esq ride. But I think now they are concentrating on MGM, it seems like a bucketload of ideas are surfacing there, and I think since everest opened up last year, they can do without for atleast another 2 years and still get away with everest being "new."

hemloc

Umm, I don't get it:shrug:?? This is neither rumor, nor news, so why is this here?? Isn't there an opinion forum where this can be posted??

DisneyDefenders

Get a life!

The poster is asking ABOUT rumors...geesh...just because people don't phrase things EXACTLY like you'd like them to be written, doesn't mean you should get all harsh on them.

So I'll mention a rumor and even post the RUMOR Icon to keep you people happy and let this thread stay where it is...

Only thing I've heard is the possibility of the next continent being developed being Australia which would be awesome mate!

dvcnut39

Original Poster
Thanks for sticking up for me. I really don't think that I was too negative about AK. I just mentioned that for it's size, there should be more rides/attractions. Everyone always complains on this board that AK is a 1/2 day park and I was just wondering if there were any rumors of new rides other than BK. Again thanks for having my back.

RSoxNo1

Panada must be a new breed of Italian Pandas...

I would like to see more animal exhibits in this park, they're missing several key Asian animals like Panda's, Orangutans and Asian Elephants. The problem is, those three species are difficult to obtain. Disney has built their two main animal walk throughs around major animals (Gorillas and Tigers), and without a major animal to be the focus of another walk through, I don't see it happening.

Like others have said, Animal Kingdom is far from complete, but I think we're several years away from any major attractions or walk throughs.

CBOMB

The only thing I can think of in the way of rumors is the River of Lights parade. Not really a e-ticket, but it should extend the park hours some.

WRE4ever

some people are just incredibly rude.......i have not heard of any new rumors floating about...only the old ones....id really wish they would put in Australia that would be great

phenom1307

Thanks for sticking up for me. I really don't think that I was too negative about AK. I just mentioned that for it's size, there should be more rides/attractions. Everyone always complains on this board that AK is a 1/2 day park and I was just wondering if there were any rumors of new rides other than BK. Again thanks for having my back.

it's pretty much the same size of the other parks if you look at it as where the guest are allowed to walk...since guest can't walk around , you have to take that area out of the equation(sp?) and it makes it no larger then the other parks or at least thats what my manager told me.

and based off of Disney maps and everything listed under the heading Attractions: MK has 38, DAK has 22, Epcot has 21, and DHS has 17

i hardly think DAK is a 1/2 day park...there's over 9 miles of walking paths there i doubt that only takes 1/2 a day to get through all of that plus wait & ride times. i really don't think any park should be considered 1/2 day parks and the only reason that is is because people will go and ride the big attractions and leave. if you take your time to enjoy the parks itll take pretty much all day while still riding the big attractions more then once.

phenom1307

Ever notice on AK logo they have a dragon on it? Maybe they have always had something planned with Dragons.

yeah it was suppose to be for beastly kingdom but that got scrapped, but i heard from somebody while i was working can't remember who but they said that camp minnie-mickey is "beastly kingdom." dont really know if that makes sense but whatever

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom