New AK attractions?

Ever notice on AK logo they have a dragon on it? Maybe they have always had something planned with Dragons.
Animal Kingdom is a park to celebrate all species of animals: real, extinct, and mythical. It was originally going be built with Beastly Kingdom to represent mythical creatures, but they didn't build it.

That's just what I've heard around here anyway.

ANYWAY. I'd love to see Australia built. Maybe they could build a Crocosium like the one at the Australia Zoo..just a thought..

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Animal Kingdom is a park to celebrate all species of animals: real, extinct, and mythical. It was originally going be built with Beastly Kingdom to represent mythical creatures, but they didn't build it.

That's just what I've heard around here anyway.

ANYWAY. I'd love to see Australia built. Maybe they could build a Crocosium like the one at the Australia Zoo..just a thought..

Jim Hill was on WDW Today a few weeks ago discussing the possibility of Australia appearing somewhere at WDW, whether it was as a World Showcase pavillion, or a land in DAK. One of the things Hill mentioned as holding the project up was that the fellow who was going to be the "face" of the pavillion or land was dead (Steve Irwin, aka the Crocodile Hunter).

Laura

Premium Member
Animal Kingdom is a full day park. If it takes you less than a full day to do everything, then you haven't done everything.

I tested this out on my previous trip. I got to Animal Kingdom as the rope dropped and rode every single ride, saw every single show, saw the afternoon parade, and went to Rafiki's Planet Watch. It took from park opening (9 a.m.) to park closing (8 p.m.) to do all of that, and that is with NO lines. We used fastpass for every attraction and didn't wait more than 5-10 minutes for anything.

I still don't feel that in that 11 hours we finished the park. We didn't see any of the street performers and we also didn't have time to look at all the animals around the tree and the entrance.

I would challenge anyone who says AK is a half day park to do every show and attraction by lunch time. It's impossible. It literally takes a full day and that's just rushing around.

KeeKee

Laura22, you are absolutely right! We just got back from 6 hours at AK today, and my feet are tired and I am exhausted! It was great! We, didn't go to any shows, only rode one ride and had a wonderful time. We have been there when we rode rides and went to shows and couldn't get it all in in one day.

Jim Hill was on WDW Today a few weeks ago discussing the possibility of Australia appearing somewhere at WDW, whether it was as a World Showcase pavillion, or a land in DAK. One of the things Hill mentioned as holding the project up was that the fellow who was going to be the "face" of the pavillion or land was dead (Steve Irwin, aka the Crocodile Hunter).
Ohh, really? That's interesting to know, thank you!

Kuhio

They already have Africa and Asia. They could add Australia (marsupials, etc.), the Americas (especially animals indigenous to the rainforests of South America), and even Antarctica (penguins, seals, etc.) and still have all the "real world" areas of the park start with "A"... (No Europe, though... :shrug:)

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
DAK is a full day park if you want to do everything. However, try to do everything at Epcot and MK, and I think you'll be well over a day.

As to the question asked by the OP, there's a lot of things that could be added to DAK, but what I've noticed during my last two visits there that has really struck me is the lack of indoor attractions, restaurants, experiences. Basically, there are three indoor shows, Dinosaur, Rafiki's Planet Watch, Tusker House, Rainforest Cafe and Restaurantosaurus. Were I choosing the next couple of things to go into DAK, there would be a new sit-down restaurant (Yak and Yeti should work), an indoor ride (dark ride, most likely), and an indoor animal exhibit (insects, waterfowl, nocturnal animals, e.g.).

Having provided a bit more climate-control, then I'd think about the next large scale animal trail. Australia would be my choice, primarily because even the country itself celebrates its animals. They're on the money, even! That's why I'd put Australia in DAK rather than Epcot. Antarctica would also be a great addition (perhaps combined with the Arctic North).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom