New Aerial!! Mine Cart has started!!

ob1thx1138

The blue circle is where Dumbo is about now and the red line would be where the long wall currently sits.

new-fantasyland-overview-high-res.png

I would say that red line needs to move to the left to the very edge of the walkway. If you look at the aerial picture, the straight wall is pretty much in line with the bridge to Beasts Castle.

jt04

This area is looking pretty sweet! I agree with JT that there are similarities with this to the Carsland expansion, where the plan is to pack a lot of new attractions into a well themed area.

My only hang up is with those ugly tents. I really wish they'd take the opportunity to take them down with all the construction going on, and build something more aesthetically pleasing. On the other hand, Circus land sounds like it will truly be for little kids, off in its own little corner, so no biggie.

While I agree that the Circus is being designed for families I think it may have many features not yet announced that will be configured to make the land more appealing to a wider audience. It really depends on why the train station has been expanded so much. It seems to have several areas within the structure. And while they also seem to be hinting at a new show in one of the tents, I think it is possible there will be other elements of this land not yet announced. Perhaps even another ride or restaurant. Another restaurant makes sense if they have in thier minds to close one or two others within the FLE eventually so those areas can be reimagined. Just looking down the road 10 years or more.

That's what I see as well. Keep in mind that the mine area will feature a lot of elevation changes, not just above path level, but below it too; I've highlighted the areas in question in the pics below. That wall that everyone is talking about looks to be a retaining wall to separate the walkway from the elevation change of the Mine Train area, as shown in the FL model from D23:

Picture from Inside the Magic:
MineTrain2-1.jpg

Picture from Mint Crocodile:
MineTrain3.jpg

As for the excavated area with the steel beams near the Tea Cups, that is where the Mine Train will be making its loop out of the load station to the first lift hill. The loop will take place below the level of the walkway, again, as shown in the model (green is the track, red is where the retaining wall is being built):

Picture from Mint Crocodile:
MineTrain1.jpg

Now, I know the model is only a representation and is always subject to change, but right now it matches pretty closely with the two major areas of excavation that we see in the aerial pics.

Many of us have speculated the track would go below 'grade' (utilidor level) but have not been able to confirm this. You seem to think it will. Do you have a drawing or something that shows this?

Todd H

Starting to get excited! Told my wife we won't be going back until the Fantasyland expansion is complete. By then my son will be 6-7 and will be able to remember the trip. We'll get to explore the new Fantasyland expansion together for the first time. Should be awesome.

majortom1981

hmm

I could be wrong but those do not look like footers for a coaster to me. They look like that blue underground pipe for water or drainage. (this is with my limited followings of coaster construction at great adventure).

007mickey

If the round thing you're talking about, is the one I think (just a few feet right of the wall) then that's a sewer-acces. There's a pic somewhere (taken form Dumbo) that clearly shows it as that.

I just looked back at some of those pics you were referring to and I would agree with you, it's just the vertical extension for the sewer access manhole cover.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I could be wrong but those do not look like footers for a coaster to me. They look like that blue underground pipe for water or drainage. (this is with my limited followings of coaster construction at great adventure).

It's possible the footers we are seeing in the phots are not something that the track is going to be directly connected to, but it seams likely that this is some sort of infrastrucutre work releated to the coaster.

Dan

KCheatle

The crowds in the old Fantasyland were horrible due to lack of space between rides. Did they/are they making this area bigger to accomodate people between the rides. Just doesn't look like there is a lot of room between attractions for larger crowds. Any thoughts on spacing?

I thought the same thing! It seems that the Seven Dwarfs is very close to the Mad Tea Party - I'm curious how close they will actually end up being to each other:veryconfu?!?!

WishIwasThere

Ya know, they built the whole Disneyland in a year. They built the MK in about 2 years (not including canals, lagoon, highways etc.). Yet this area is going to take 3 years to finish. I know why its taking so long...every time I see a picture all the workers are just standing there not moving. :p

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Ya know, they built the whole Disneyland in a year. They built the MK in about 2 years (not including canals, lagoon, highways etc.). Yet this area is going to take 3 years to finish. I know why its taking so long...every time I see a picture all the workers are just standing there not moving. :p

Neither of those parks were being built with visitors inhabiting the area around them, and they were the primary construction projects at the time. WDW has one or two other construction projects in the fire as well. Better they take their time to do it right and all.....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought the same thing! It seems that the Seven Dwarfs is very close to the Mad Tea Party - I'm curious how close they will actually end up being to each other:veryconfu?!?!

I did some digging and finally found a picture of the model from D23 that shows a closeup of the area between the coaster and Mad Tea Party. You can see it here in the second picture of the model. You can also see what looks like the track going below the level of the walkway which is consistent with what we see in the construction picture.

Dan

Gomer

So, this is probably less a start to the mine coaster and more just a necessity to build the path from Fantasyland into Storybook Circus in preparation for Goofini and the train station opening in a few months?

cbconglom

Original Poster
So, this is probably less a start to the mine coaster and more just a necessity to build the path from Fantasyland into Storybook Circus in preparation for Goofini and the train station opening in a few months?

Looking at the model and all they layers that make up the ride, it's pry gonna take a while to build so I'm guessing they really are starting it. They are pry starting over there so the path will be done and It's out of the way of the other projects.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looking at the model and all they layers that make up the ride, it's pry gonna take a while to build so I'm guessing they really are starting it. They are pry starting over there so the path will be done and It's out of the way of the other projects.

I would agree, I think this is a start also, and logically they are starting in a spot that needs to be done sooner then later. You can also see in the picture of the whole site where they are working in places where the mine ride will be. Hard to tell at the moment if these are related to the ride, but's it's very possible.

Disaddict

Can anyone tell me what the two large "tents" in the Storybook Circus area are going to be for? My wife was actually more upset that they removed the Judges Tent shop than she was about the removal of the houses. :shrug: It would be nice to have the shop tent back.

hpyhnt 1000

Can anyone tell me what the two large "tents" in the Storybook Circus area are going to be for? My wife was actually more upset that they removed the Judges Tent shop than she was about the removal of the houses. :shrug: It would be nice to have the shop tent back.

One will be a shop and the other probably a meet and greet area, I think featuring something called Pete's Silly Sideshow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom