New Aerial!! Mine Cart has started!!

cbconglom

Original Poster
From these aerials I have only just realised how cut off the 'Storybook Circus' land is due to construction in the other areas and particularly the mine train area... any idea how guests are due to enter if this area is opening early in the new year whilst major construction will be continuing next to it?

i was thinking the same exact thing...
also here is an hd video of the fantasyland expansion from the contemporary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8yDkTuwqbw
from this update
http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=677&Itemid=65

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The crowds in the old Fantasyland were horrible due to lack of space between rides. Did they/are they making this area bigger to accomodate people between the rides. Just doesn't look like there is a lot of room between attractions for larger crowds. Any thoughts on spacing?

The mine ride is going to come up right to where the construction wall is now, so the path through the existing Fantasyland won't be getting bigger, but there will be a whole new path through the expansion from where Dumbo is now over to Storybook Circus so hopefully this will help with the congestion problem.

Dan

maxairmike

A friend and I were just talking about the access situation, and asked if maybe initial access will be by train only? Doesn't seem very likely, but it is hard to see how they'll create access without disrupting the work area.

Disaddict

Here's a better look at the wall's location:

DSC04337.jpg

Am I seeing things or is that a new roof on the Tea Cups? I mean newer than the temporary roof they slapped on. I thought that one was a blue with pink designs. This one in the picture looks white.

And they need to put down colored asphalt. Make it beige or a medium brown to resemble the dirt roads in the stories and movies.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A friend and I were just talking about the access situation, and asked if maybe initial access will be by train only? Doesn't seem very likely, but it is hard to see how they'll create access without disrupting the work area.

Worst case the path from Tomorrowland that runs between the tracks and the Speedway will be open, but I am pretty sure they are going to have a path from near the tea cups ready in time for the opening. Remember we have at least 5 to 6 months (if not more) before the opening of parts of Storybook Circus.

Dan

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Am I seeing things or is that a new roof on the Tea Cups? I mean newer than the temporary roof they slapped on. I thought that one was a blue with pink designs. This one in the picture looks white.

And they need to put down colored asphalt. Make it beige or a medium brown to resemble the dirt roads in the stories and movies.

The roof I see is blue. :shrug:

hpyhnt 1000

And they need to put down colored asphalt. Make it beige or a medium brown so resemble the dirt roads in the stories and movies.

Are you sure you're not looking at the Carousel? The Tea Cups still have their newish blue/green roof. Look to the far left in that picture above the Speedway track.

Disaddict

Ahhhhhh. Thanks folks. :wave: I hate working full time and going to school full time. It really messes with your head. :brick:

Ignohippo

beauty.jpg

This is the long wall everyone is talking about. I'd imagine its part of the building that will be created to house some of the indoor portions of the mine ride. You can see a little pillar next to it which those are usually used for rollercoaster track. The concept art shows the mine train track going into a "mine" of some sort right around that area.

The wall is the east side of the path back to the BATB area. If you go exactly north of it (to the right in the picture), you'll see the beginnings of the footings for the bridge to the restaurant. The area from the wall to the foam feaux landscaping will be the path. I believe the stantion (round cement pilon) that you think is part of the coaster track may actually be a footing for the pathway.

Ignohippo

The blue circle is where Dumbo is about now and the red line would be where the long wall currently sits.

new-fantasyland-overview-high-res.png

It looks to me like the red line needs to move to the left (to the edge of the pathway). I believe the wall will be a retaining wall to support the fill dirt for the path. I don't believe the wall is for the SWMT, but will be used to support the pathway.

JLW11Hi

This area is looking pretty sweet! I agree with JT that there are similarities with this to the Carsland expansion, where the plan is to pack a lot of new attractions into a well themed area.

My only hang up is with those ugly tents. I really wish they'd take the opportunity to take them down with all the construction going on, and build something more aesthetically pleasing. On the other hand, Circus land sounds like it will truly be for little kids, off in its own little corner, so no biggie.

Unplugged

Mine Train walls?

Folks seem to be jumping on the mine train bandwagon for the excavated area with concrete forms up that is adjacent to Teacups, Speedway, and new Dumbos without noting that according to the artist renditions, that's where the walkway to the circus will be. (Essentially where the old walkway was.) Looking at the depth of those walls, the curve, and the rebard flat on the ground at the base, it implies to me that if it is Mine Train walls, the train will be doing a turn around there and under the walkway. This would explain how the ride will fit in the confined space....they're actually extending a few ares in less then obvious ways.

If that's the case, that would explain why it's being done now. I can't see any other reason for the walls there unless the renditions are hiding some water feature with a bridge going into the circus area.

Any thoughts?

hpyhnt 1000

The wall is the east side of the path back to the BATB area. If you go exactly north of it (to the right in the picture), you'll see the beginnings of the footings for the bridge to the restaurant. The area from the wall to the foam feaux landscaping will be the path. I believe the stantion (round cement pilon) that you think is part of the coaster track may actually be a footing for the pathway.

That's what I see as well. Keep in mind that the mine area will feature a lot of elevation changes, not just above path level, but below it too; I've highlighted the areas in question in the pics below. That wall that everyone is talking about looks to be a retaining wall to separate the walkway from the elevation change of the Mine Train area, as shown in the FL model from D23:

Picture from Inside the Magic:
MineTrain2-1.jpg

Picture from Mint Crocodile:
MineTrain3.jpg

As for the excavated area with the steel beams near the Tea Cups, that is where the Mine Train will be making its loop out of the load station to the first lift hill. The loop will take place below the level of the walkway, again, as shown in the model (green is the track, red is where the retaining wall is being built):

Picture from Mint Crocodile:
MineTrain1.jpg

Now, I know the model is only a representation and is always subject to change, but right now it matches pretty closely with the two major areas of excavation that we see in the aerial pics.

OldBlueEyes

If the round thing you're talking about, is the one I think (just a few feet right of the wall) then that's a sewer-acces. There's a pic somewhere (taken form Dumbo) that clearly shows it as that.

ob1thx1138

I would say that is more than just the footings for the bridge. That looks to be the majority of the concrete structure for the bridge. Add in some stone work on the outside and the bottom of the bridge is done.

Looking at the pictures of the model which seems to be more up to date than the concept art, it looks like that straight wall is in fact the far left side retaining wall for the mine train. Like someone else mentioned. This is going to support the edge of the walkway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom