New Aerial!! Mine Cart has started!!

cbconglom

Original Poster
brand new aerials and you can see the footers for the mine ride. these were taken 9 days ago so imagine how much further they are now!
http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog...-construction-at-the-magic-kingdom-fall-2011/

mine-train.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Looks like you were posting at the same time I was! This really looks like the first evidence of the mine ride. Also in the BatB pictures you can the footings for the first bridge that will be over one of the water features. The wall they have been building in the pit by Dumbo is still a mystery to me. It seems to line up with the bridge which based on the concept art would have it under what is going to be just a walkway. Maybe some sort of retaining wall related to the mine ride.

cbconglom

Original Poster
Looks like you were posting at the same time I was! This really looks like the first evidence of the mine ride. Also in the BatB pictures you can the footings for the first bridge that will be over one of the water features. The wall they have been building in the pit by Dumbo is still a mystery to me. It seems to line up with the bridge which based on the concept art would have it under what is going to be just a walkway. Maybe some sort of retaining wall related to the mine ride.

oops sorry :wave:
i wish they would of gotten video this time or a shot from the south of BatB but i'm so grateful for the pics! i'm so excited about the start of the bridge and the mine ride.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Whats the white area infront of Belle's Cottage for?

That's a good quesiton. The concept art just shows that as a landscaped area, but it's right on top of one of the Utilidoor rooms. I don't think they can do a lot of real landscaping on top of the utilidoors so I wonder is this is going to be something artificail. They could be using the white material to for the contours on the area.

Dan

ob1thx1138

That's a good quesiton. The concept art just shows that as a landscaped area, but it's right on top of one of the Utilidoor rooms. I don't think they can do a lot of real landscaping on top of the utilidoors so I wonder is this is going to be something artificail. They could be using the white material to for the contours on the area.

Dan

Yea that is what I was thinking. If you look at the white area it looks like it is in layers to give the contour to the landscape.

Also I am 99% sure the concrete structures in the middle of the picture showing the white landscaping are the bridge in front of BoG. Just look at the bottom part of the striaght middle piece. Looks just like the base of a bridge support.

I am still confused with the long straight "wall". It is not tall enough to be above grade, but still not in the right spot to be the side of a stream or river.

djkidkaz

beauty.jpg

This is the long wall everyone is talking about. I'd imagine its part of the building that will be created to house some of the indoor portions of the mine ride. You can see a little pillar next to it which those are usually used for rollercoaster track. The concept art shows the mine train track going into a "mine" of some sort right around that area.

NYwdwfan

My head hurts from trying to flip the images to be in the same direction in my head. For some reason I just can't visualize how everything lines up...guess I'm holding out for one of the photoshop geniuses to superimpose them...:rolleyes::D

britdaw

Awesome!! Thank you all for sharing your pictures with us... It's so amazing to watch it being built from the early stages. Can you imagine when we go back to the parks in 10-15 years or more and say "I can remember when this was being built." :)

jt04

I find the train station increasingly interesting. Will it have a tin roof? Also, it looks to me like progress around the tents and areas to the north of the new Dumbo are stalled. Could that be because they are doing some reimagineering of those areas?

All in all, it is very Carsland-esque without the big E-ticket. Just in respect the the number of new additions. I know some will disagree but this is almost equally intricate. There is a lot of similarity if you take away the massive rockwork involved with the DCA project.

djkidkaz

I find the train station increasingly interesting. Will it have a tin roof? Also, it looks to me like progress around the tents and areas to the north of the new Dumbo are stalled. Could that be because they are doing some reimagineering of those areas?

All in all, it is very Carsland-esque without the big E-ticket. Just in respect the the number of new additions. I know some will disagree but this is almost equally intricate. There is a lot of similarity if you take away the massive rockwork involved with the DCA project.

Many have been saying that Dumbo, Goofini, Casey JR and the train station would be opening in February, so it would make sense to stall work on that area to get the other more important stuff open. They can always replace the tents and open the shops later. I doubt theres any "re-imagineering" going on.

jt04

Many have been saying that Dumbo, Goofini, Casey JR and the train station would be opening in February, so it would make sense to stall work on that area to get the other more important stuff open. They can always replace the tents and open the shops later. I doubt theres any "re-imagineering" going on.

Time will tell. They sure have not slowed down at all towards the west of the new Dumbo.

ChristianG

I'm Kind of a newbie at this

but what is a Utiladoor

The Utilidoors are tunnels located under The Magic Kingdoms that Cast Members use to get to different locations in the park, rather than walking through or around the park.

Here's a map of them:
mk-tunnels-small.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yeah, I like the look of that station. You can definitely see that is has the look of a railroad roundhouse. A tin roof would be appropriate.

I think the lack of progress to the north is just because there isn't much to be done there. They are excavating in front of the train station which probably for the Casey Jr play area. The only other major thing going in that area is the third tent towards the back, but they probably want to keep that access road open as long as possible. They have the same situation at the back of the BatB area. There is still one more building that hasn't been started which will go right where the access road is.

Dan

piglet66

The crowds in the old Fantasyland were horrible due to lack of space between rides. Did they/are they making this area bigger to accomodate people between the rides. Just doesn't look like there is a lot of room between attractions for larger crowds. Any thoughts on spacing?

cjkeating

From these aerials I have only just realised how cut off the 'Storybook Circus' land is due to construction in the other areas and particularly the mine train area... any idea how guests are due to enter if this area is opening early in the new year whilst major construction will be continuing next to it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom