New 350 room DVC tower coming to Disneyland Hotel

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Is this the first time they've had a nominal price disparity between actively-selling resorts? Usually they all carry the same base price and only the discounts fluctuate, right?
Grand Floridian phase 1 was initially lined priced with AKV and Aulani with no discounts and eventually changed to premium priced to Poly and Aulani but with discounts offered. I think that’s the only example.

truecoat

So, saying I want to take the grandkids to Disneyland every year. $230 per point and a one-bedroom are 388 points for a week from June to Sept. That's $89,240 just to get in the door if I've done the math right. Dues every year will be $2844 per year and I've based this all on a one-bedroom at the Villas at GF.

Let's see...not counting increases to the dues, that's $5818 a year for 30 years.

I might have done this all wrong as I'm not super familiar with how it all works.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
So, saying I want to take the grandkids to Disneyland every year. $230 per point and a one-bedroom are 388 points for a week from June to Sept. That's $89,240 just to get in the door if I've done the math right. Dues every year will be $2844 per year and I've based this all on a one-bedroom at the Villas at GF.

Let's see...not counting increases to the dues, that's $5818 a year for 30 years.

I might have done this all wrong as I'm not super familiar with how it all works.
Dues are $9.06 so $3,515.

There’s also an Anaheim city tax on using your points so that’s another $2.73 so $1,059

In total $4,564 per year plus the $89K.

The Clementine has one bedroom suites for like $2100 for the week with no buy in and the walk is probably 4 minutes longer to the gate.

TP2000

Large coin for a incredibly boring and very nondescript building

What?!? o_O

Didn't you watch the promo video for this vacation timeshare scam opportunity? Didn't you listen to their words?!?

"This modern masterpiece celebrates Disney storytelling, animation, and the iconic designs behind it all!"

Disneyland-Resort_Full_50687.jpg;width=1200;height=630;mode=crop;quality=60;encoder=freeimage;progressive=true

CaptinEO

No wonder no one likes timeshares. Forfeiting all that money for the privilege of locking in your vacation to only one place for 30 years. No thanks.

truecoat

There’s also an Anaheim city tax on using your points so that’s another $2.73 so $1,059

The Clementine has one bedroom suites for like $2100 for the week with no buy in and the walk is probably 4 minutes longer to the gate.

I'm not knocking anyone who is a DVC member. If you have the ability to afford it, more power to you. I'd probably get one if I had the money...maybe.

CaptinEO

But you get free soda in the Tomorrowland lounge.
This reminds me, back when Disney's only upcharge event was the Halloween Party, I had a number of people I know who were always defending it.

Their justification was "they give out so much free candy, it's actually a really good deal".

If someone wants to go to an event and enjoy it, that's fine, but candy is the cheapest thing on the planet.

Gotta love when Disney takes something like soda or candy that costs them nothing and waves it around like it's some big perk. Maybe if I was 4 years old it would be.

TP2000

This reminds me, back when Disney's only upcharge event was the Halloween Party, I had a number of people I know who were always defending it.

Their justification was "they give out so much free candy, it's actually a really good deal".

If someone wants to go to an event and enjoy it, that's fine, but candy is the cheapest thing on the planet.

Gotta love when Disney takes something like soda or candy that costs them nothing and waves it around like it's some big perk. Maybe if I was 4 years old it would be.

But your $1,056 annual DVC dues pay for the Coke Freestyle machine in the Tomorrowland lounge!

You can mix Fanta with Diet Coke, or Fresca with Mr. Pibb!

Each Coca-Cola Freestyle machine has over 8,000 two-soda combinations. My mind just exploded.

How can you even put a price on that kind of amenity? Don't answer that, because it's a scientific fact that you can't!

Free Corn Syrup!.jpg

TP2000

Oh my. Was this designed by someone in tda who looked out their cubicle and in to the office kitchenette and said,"perfection."?

Isn't it wonderful?! It could be a TDA break room, or a cubicle farm employee break room on the 3rd floor of the Hyundai corporate headquarters in Irvine, or it could be a DVC Lounge in an immersive new environment in Tomorrowland that you get access to for only $1,056 per year in dues.

Either way, you are immersed in mediocrity and average environments.

Meanwhile, if you fly SWISS airlines out of Zurich, they have an airport lounge for their premium class cabins with free (and free-flowing) champagne that looks like this as you enter...

img-wine-lounge-830x554.jpg

With a complimentary whiskey bar offering over 100 of the planet's best whiskies from every continent except Antarctica that looks like this...

SWISS-Senator-Lounge-Zurich-Review-49.jpg

And yes, the SWISS Air ladies and gentlemen that staff this airport lounge are beautifully groomed and finely tailored and very well trained in the art of hospitality and grace. Because you spent a few hundred bucks and upgraded your ticket. 🤔

img.jpg

AJFireman

Plus the possibility of a parking fee if you drive in. This statement was on the points chart so possibly adding 35 dollars a night.

"A per vehicle parking fee may apply to all stays at this resort"

DCBaker

Premium Member
Disney has shared a new video, Creating The Villas at Disneyland Hotel, which includes a hard hat tour of the construction site and a peek inside a prototype model room.

TP2000

Disney has shared a new video, Creating The Villas at Disneyland Hotel, which includes a hard hat tour of the construction site and a peek inside a prototype model room.

I saw this just as I was about to log off and consider the Cocktail Hour.

So I cued it up on the big screen and made myself a dry martini with a twist and settled in for the snarky guffaws. And, nothing...

This video was actually just informative and professional, with totally normal, sane people speaking in plain English talking about this timeshare construction project and interior decor choices. BORING! Not a single buzzword, not a single attempt to tell me that the Keurig machine in the room will immerse me in epic storytelling, or that the murphy bed is a masterpiece of modern design inspired by plans for EPCOT.

I'm so bummed out. I wanted to laugh, and all they did was provide real information in a pleasant and realistic tone. Boo! :mad:

At least I still have half of this dry martini to cheer me up. 🍸

BrianLo

Me = 🤡

But the math works ok on Duo Studios, particularly for D23 when harbour prices explode, but it's a low VDH points season. I think the amortized cost for those dates are still 193 a night. I can't do better anywhere else these days.

But I own my clownery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom