New 350 room DVC tower coming to Disneyland Hotel

TP2000

"Points" and "fees" and "incentives" and "add-ons". For a basic Sheraton-level hotel room at the Disneyland Hotel.

I just don't get it. Anyone I've ever known who has ever bought into a vacation timeshare has regretted it to one extent or another, from mild annoyance to boiling hatred. One couple I know had to get lawyers involved to help stem the heartache and wasted money.

It's a vacation. Just book a hotel room on Expedia and go. Next year, try something else. Or do the same thing. No points required. 🧐

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
"Points" and "fees" and "incentives" and "add-ons". For a basic Sheraton-level hotel room at the Disneyland Hotel.

I just don't get it. Anyone I've ever known who has ever bought into a vacation timeshare has regretted it to one extent or another, from mild annoyance to boiling hatred. One couple I know had to get lawyers involved to help stem the heartache and wasted money.

It's a vacation. Just book a hotel room on Expedia and go. Next year, try something else. Or do the same thing. No points required. 🧐
The vast majority of timeshares lose their value extremely quickly. Many fall so hard that you're literally unable to give them away for free. DVC holds its value extremely well. I've bought four DVC contracts and sold two of them at a profit. The other two I still hold and they're worth more now than I paid for them.

On a year when I don't want to go to Disney, I can rent out my points for about $6,000 and use that cash to book whatever I want, wherever I want. I'm never locked in to anything because the rental market and the resale market are both very active.

jmuboy

I DO AGREE Disneyland leadership views the proximity of the 3 hotels to each other and their access to DTD dining options in general as a reason to redo this space. ( I don’t personally like or agree with this idea myself ). Where is higher end dining like Steakhouse 55 being added to DTD?

Something apparently makes business sense to them as they are closing this location and also turning the food operations at Pixar Place over to a 3P operator

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I DO AGREE Disneyland leadership views the proximity of the 3 hotels to each other and their access to DTD dining options in general as a reason to redo this space. ( I don’t personally like or agree with this idea myself ). Where is higher end dining like Steakhouse 55 being added to DTD?

Something apparently makes business sense to them as they are closing this location and also turning the food operations at Pixar Place over to a 3P operator
It’s Just the same approach they’ve been slow rolling in wdw for many years…

“Less is gonna cost you more” 👍🏻

Phroobar

Okay. Love it.

Light the fuse.
iu

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I genuinely don't understand this reaction. This is orders of magnitude uglier and more generic than the Poly tower but it's getting heaped with praise while Poly tower is getting dumped on.

Disneyland fanboiis are truly a different breed.
It’s being praised because there are no dvc rooms in Anaheim…

It would be praised if they built a gigantic cardboard box

Not the problem in Orlando. Too many rooms…feels “forced” at this point

Disney Analyst

I genuinely don't understand this reaction. This is orders of magnitude uglier and more generic than the Poly tower but it's getting heaped with praise while Poly tower is getting dumped on.

While I can understand the dislike for the DVC at Poly, as it really truly is a departure from what is already a beautiful resort…

The Disneyland hotel DVC tower is not ugly to me, and does not feel generic. It looks unique, and it’s mid-century modern, which is a design style I love. With the unique design touches inside, I think it is going to be pretty special.

A clear improvement over the old towers, which I hope they bulldoze and replace with this new design.

mlayton144

Look at the competition at DLR and surrounding areas - there is really only 1 resort style property (GCH) in the whole bunch , this new tower is a shoehorned monstrosity.

Phroobar

While I can understand the dislike for the DVC at Poly, as it really truly is a departure from what is already a beautiful resort…

The Disneyland hotel DVC tower is not ugly to me, and does not feel generic. It looks unique, and it’s mid-century modern, which is a design style I love. With the unique design touches inside, I think it is going to be pretty special.

A clear improvement over the old towers, which I hope they bulldoze and replace with this new design.
I always thought they would bulldoze the other towers for the new look. Since they just updated them, I doubt that will ever happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom