New 2013 WDW Ticket Prices

Polydweller

This thread is one of my favorite annual threads (there is always one like this on the day of the announcement). I get to read all of the same stuff all over again of how it's too high, how the rate of increase is too much, how its getting to the point people won't go etc etc and on and on. And yet, every year people keep on going back and paying the price even though the only effective way to fight increases is to not go and not pay them.

It's the same way for everything that is a discretionary purchase, you are a decision of whether its worth it to you. If its not worth it you don't purchase the thing or activity and do something else. That's all this increase means every year, evaluate its worth and make your decision. My bet, most of us will pay again.

yellowb

We were holding off on buying my son's new AP, since he just turned 3, until the next time we went down, but after seeing this this afternoon, I went by the Disney store and got it before the price hike. One of the things that bugged us with this year's pass renewals was that kids were the same price as adults. It's still feasible for us to do Disney right now, but we are reaching a point of no return pretty soon.

MattC

So I'll admit that I did not read all 12 pages before posting this. (I made it to page 5.) But last year the FL Resident AP increased $10 and this year $39. I'm currently on my 3rd glass of wine so this change has not fully set in yet. But in the morning I promise I will be highly irritated. :: grumble grumble::

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This thread is one of my favorite annual threads (there is always one like this on the day of the announcement). I get to read all of the same stuff all over again of how it's too high, how the rate of increase is too much, how its getting to the point people won't go etc etc and on and on. And yet, every year people keep on going back and paying the price even though the only effective way to fight increases is to not go and not pay them.

It's the same way for everything that is a discretionary purchase, you are a decision of whether its worth it to you. If its not worth it you don't purchase the thing or activity and do something else. That's all this increase means every year, evaluate its worth and make your decision. My bet, most of us will pay again.
Yep, I'll be back. I have my tickets already for November and if I can figure out where @ParentsOf4 lives I plan on "borrowing" his stack of tickets. That should cover me for a while. After that ill start to get really mad:)

Killnme

When Disney does these prices increases how much does it effect the group sales for like the cheerleaders, high school bands, groups from overseas, etc.?

MattC

Come on guys. Disney has to do something to make up for all the lost tour guide revenue. With people hiring outside tour guides Disney must have lost millions.

pheneix

I renewed my Premier that expires in early July at DTD this morning about 11:30AM at the 2012 price, no questions or issues at all. I was in and out in under 15 min once I got up to the counter (long line for random things).

Disneyquest GR pop-up window two hours later for me. Computer issues from hell and manager overrides and hoops to jump through that no one could explain. They ended up having a pass sent over from Marketplace office.

A friend who went to Epcot was told to go home and come back tomorrow if he wanted to buy a premier pass (his expiration date is several weeks out). Not even encouraged to hang out in the park today and come back tomorrow. Just "go home and stop asking questions." Suffice to say that individual was left incredulous and Disney has lost one future premier pass sale no matter what the price.

captainkidd

I agree, but take myself as an example.

Now, I still go to WDW every year and drop a bundle of cash, but one thing I haven't paid Disney for - A hotel room. I refuse to pay their ridiculous prices any longer. So, I rent points and stay on-site in a villa. Now, you might ask "Why continue to pay that high amount?" The obvious answer is you get a heck of a lot more room than you do in a standard room. But the 2nd reason, principle. I still love WDW, but I simply refuse to give them money for resorts. I think there are many people feeling this way, given the number of people who stay off-site and the increasing number of people renting points from DVC members. There's no way to get around the tickets into the park, so the eventual answer is we won't go. And as I said earlier, it's not because we won't want to go, but I can't keep up with Disney. 7% increases every year.....I'm not getting raises that big. In fact, my company hasn't give raises (at least to my knowledge) in over 5 years. It's a mere matter of simple math and being priced out by Disney. Not gonna happen overnight, but we've been seeing the end for the past 5 or 6 years now. Something else to consider - We used to spend 16 nights at Disney in the summer. Then, we started spending 3 nights at Universal, and 13 at Disney. Then 5 at Universal, and 11 at Disney. This year, it's 6 at Universal, and 10 at Disney. With the way Universal is growing and giving us exciting new reason to go each and every year, I see those numbers continuing in that direction.

stevehousse

We were holding off on buying my son's new AP, since he just turned 3, until the next time we went down, but after seeing this this afternoon, I went by the Disney store and got it before the price hike. One of the things that bugged us with this year's pass renewals was that kids were the same price as adults. It's still feasible for us to do Disney right now, but we are reaching a point of no return pretty soon.

No offense, but if you can randomly swing into the Disney store and just buy that at the drop of your hat, I don't think Disney is out priced for you in the slightest! If you had this money set aside then that makes sense. You should be lucky you can afford to buy a pass in the first place!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No offense, but if you can randomly swing into the Disney store and just buy that at the drop of your hat, I don't think Disney is out priced for you in the slightest! If you had this money set aside then that makes sense. You should be lucky you can afford to buy a pass in the first place!
They invented this great new technology that lets you buy things on credit without having the cash in hand. You just pay the bill at a later point in time. I think they call them credit cards or something like that. Now if I could get one in a wristband that lets me charge things with the swipe of a wrist that would be really revolutionary technology;):):);)

CJR

Disney uses the exact same reasoning year after year to justify their park increases. "Guests find that Disney parks provide a fun experience filled with great value."

So, what they're essentially saying is that the mission they have is to not make it a great value, got it. What a great company.

In all seriousness, we're trying to find a way to rotate park passes so that we can manage things better. Although Disney gives a renewal deal each year, it still goes up each year. If you don't renew, Disney still loses the money they would have made. So what we're going to do is renew for two years and then do Universal and Sea World for a year or two and then do Disney again.

This plan, I think, will also help keep experiences more fresh. We shall see. I just sat out on Disney for a year and a half, so I miss it, come January, I plan to buy a annual pass again, but it's very clear that these increases ultimately contribute less time in the parks for my family over time.

luv

I didn't read all 12 pages (flog me), but can you still get a Water Park AP without getting Disney Quest??? I always save like $50 buying an AP and a separate Water Park AP without doing the one with DQ and golf. Now it looks like the water park one includes DQ and will only save me a few bucks.

Or did they not show all the possible purchases in that list???????????????????

It is practically a crime to continue to cutback on service and product and rise prices, but I guess we should be used to Disney getting worse every year by now...and charging more for less. It really is our fault for continuing to pay more for less.

I've never said I'd stop buying tickets because I always knew I would. But when AP renewal month hit...and I renew them all at once - WDW, Uni, Sea World/Busch Gardens and Gatorland...I started thinking that maybe next year, I should cut Disney. Not like I'd never buy another AP, but maybe I should just take a year off. These APs are getting expensive. (I'll still get the water park one, though...unless Uni builds a kick- water park with a wave pool as good as Typhoon Lagoon.) Have to see next spring how I feel about the Disney AP. If I had to choose today, I'd skip it. Kind of regret buying it, honestly.

Figment2005

By the way, please don't take out your financial frustrations on the cast members or think that they owe you something more while you are at the theme park. Guess how much of a raise they got for inflation? $0.00. Cast members don't get annual raises, despite ticket or merchandise price increases.

My be a later response but that is not true. We do get annual raises because of the union contract. It's a percentage of what you make with a minimum of 25 cents. I know it's not huge, but it is a raise.

IHeartArt

So, uh... do we have to start assigning price values to park attractions now, if the five dollar price difference because of New Fantasyland is any indication?

I'm only going on SGE again if a CM hands me a couple quarters at the door is what I'm getting at here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom