New ‘Haunted Mansion’ Movie in the Works

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 107043

Original Poster
Variety is reporting that Disney has a new “Haunted Mansion” live-action movie in the works with “Ghostbusters” writer Katie Dippold.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I did check and didn't see anything posted and still don't. Be a peach and post the link to the conversation in this thread. Thank you.
There are several posts about this. Here is one. created waay before yours. Isn't that a Daisy?

Mac Tonight

tumblr_mi7uci7Tbk1rknrf9o1_500.gif

Given Katie Dippold's career prior, this could easily have Melissa McCarthy written all over it.

Sharon&Susan

There are several posts about this. Here is one. created waay before yours. Isn't that a Daisy?
There's at least 5+ threads on the Splash Mountain retheme, don't see why there can't be another thread on the HM especially when this part of the forum is more active than the movie side.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

There's at least 5+ threads on the Splash Mountain retheme, don't see why there can't be another thread on the HM especially when this part of the forum is more active than the movie side.
Because some list specific things to talk about on that subject in the headline so they are not all the same. we don't need 3 or 4 articles about an announcement of a new haunted mansion ride.

SuddenStorm

Disneyland is going to be a very, very different place in 10 years time. Pirates and Mansion both getting new films with a new cast which, if successful, will necessitate changes to the ride. Same with Jungle Cruise. Frog Mountain and the accompanying Frogland.

I anticipate more changes to classic attractions in the next decade than at any other point since the '80s.

Mac Tonight

Why on Earth would Disney pursue a project like this for a film?
Easy money to squeeze out of the 'Mansion' fans who will likely go see it based on branding alone.....?

They already tried that some years ago with the lousy Eddie Murphy n' friends version of a live action 'Haunted Mansion' film.
So it's been done already.

'Reboot'....?

-
Given that Disney's justification for removing ZADDD from the esplanade loop was that it was, "part of a continuous process to deliver an environment that features stories that are relevant and inclusive" this move makes so much sense. That's all that's important to the company anymore.

Mac Tonight

Disneyland is going to be a very, very different place in 10 years time. Pirates and Mansion both getting new films with a new cast which, if successful, will necessitate changes to the ride. Same with Jungle Cruise. Frog Mountain and the accompanying Frogland.

I anticipate more changes to classic attractions in the next decade than at any other point since the '80s.
As much as I want to say, "you're wrong, they'd never mess with things that much..." there's so much truth behind that that it's scary.

Figments Friend

Shh...!

Don't give @TheRealBobIger and @realBobChapek any ideas!

:facepalm:

-

mickEblu

Given that Disney's justification for removing ZADDD from the esplanade loop was that it was, "part of a continuous process to deliver an environment that features stories that are relevant and inclusive" this move makes so much sense. That's all that's important to the company anymore.

This gets a huge LIKE from me if only for the reason that I never have to type out the Z song again. ZADDD. So much easier.

Supreme Leader

Interesting choice given the reception to 2016's Ghostbusters. Disney seems to want that same success with their Theme Park Ride to movie franchise success that Pirates had with the first film but just can't seem to land it. I will say that The Jungle Cruise was pretty good though, so here's hoping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom