New ‘Haunted Mansion’ Movie in the Works

• Thread starter Deleted member 107043
  • Start date

mickEblu

Interesting choice given the reception to 2016's Ghostbusters. Disney seems to want that same success with their Theme Park Ride to movie franchise success that Pirates had with the first film but just can't seem to land it. I will say that The Jungle Cruise was pretty good though, so here's hoping.

Jungle Cruise came out?

Supreme Leader

Nice. So what should we expect on the Jungle Cruise ride other than a Rock AA replacing Trader Sam?
Considering Trader Sam is in the movie, I wouldn't expect them to replace him with the Rock, but then again I also didn't expect them to remove Splash Mtn. either haha. I can honestly only see them adding small props that are related to the film but nothing major.

mickEblu

Considering Trader Sam is in the movie, I wouldn't expect them to replace him with the Rock, but then again I also didn't expect them to remove Splash Mtn. either haha. I can honestly only see them adding small props that are related to the film but nothing major.

Unless they replace the bathing elephant with the Rock it’s a failure

Like Kevin Durant.... If you can’t beat em, join em.

Sharon&Susan

Does Trader Sam look more like the DL or WDW version?

PiratesMansion

If this film gets made and Disney mucks with the Mansion because of it, I quit.

Statement reneged only in the .0000000000000009% chance that both the film AND the subsequent retheme are actually good.

mickEblu

She's a welcomed addition. Now that I think about it the film only has two women in speaking roles. 🤔 I could be wrong about that though.

It’s just they keep hitting us over the head with this women empowerment stuff. I’m not someone that’s really offended or bothered by this stuff so for me to notice means they are getting really repetitive.

Supreme Leader

It’s just they keep hitting us over the head with this women empowerment stuff. I’m not someone that’s really offended or bothered by this stuff so for me to notice means they are getting really repetitive.
I personally don't see it that way, but to each their own! I would argue this is less women "empowerment" and more representation, I guess. I don't know though, this kind of conversation is a slippery slope. The character that I saw was entertaining and funny which I guess is all that matters in a family film.

mickEblu

I personally don't see it that way, but to each their own! I would argue this is less women "empowerment" and more representation, I guess. I don't know though, this kind of conversation is a slippery slope. The character that I saw was entertaining and funny which I guess is all that matters in a family film.

Well maybe not empowerment in this particular case but you know what I mean. It’s part of the the same conversation. And I agree with your last statement. In and of itself it’s perfectly fine but when you step back and look at all of the movies that have come out recently that’s when I get annoyed.

DrAlice

but when you step back and look at all of the movies that have come out recently that’s when I get annoyed.
Not sure why you would get annoyed, unless it isn't done well. If the character is well executed in the story, then it shouldn't matter. In this case, there really isn't anything about Trader Sam in the ride that requires him to be male. The gag works just as well if the animatronic is female.

mickEblu

Not sure why you would get annoyed, unless it isn't done well. If the character is well executed in the story, then it shouldn't matter. In this case, there really isn't anything about Trader Sam in the ride that requires him to be male. The gag works just as well if the animatronic is female.

I made a list a few weeks ago of the movies Disney has released over the last 5+ years and the female empowerment thing is getting repetitive and that annoys me. They re over correcting for the last 2000 years like everything else in society.

Last edited:

Stevek

It does feel a bit odd, perhaps forced, given that Trader Sam is represented by a male in both parks and 2 Tiki Bars.

lazyboy97o

Well, how much money did that film make? Even if it wasn't received well critically, that film being successful at the box office would likely be enough of a reason for Disney to get that film's writer.
Ghostbusters: Afterlife is a sequel to Ghostbusters II instead of the reboot. So not successful enough for Sony to stick with the reboot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom