Nervous about Yacht Club

jmargarone27

Okay so here's the deal... I am a typical Grand Floridian / Boardwalk Inn fan, but I have an upcoming trip planned and the only place I could get in Epcot was Yacht Club. I originally had a room at the Grand Floridian, but I don't have the patience for all that construction. I really have never liked the Yacht Club... so I guess I'm looking for some reassurance from my fellow posters. Just make me feel better... LOL

ParentsOf4

The Yacht Club has a huge fan base on these threads. Based on the posts I've read, it seems more people like it than the Grand Floridian. Besides, you really need to give Stormalong Bay a try!

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

The Yacht Club is our all-around favorite. It's elegant without being stuffy or overdone. The dining options are great, the amenities can't be beat. Just when you think if can't get any better you find yourself out on your balcony watching Illuminations and you know you picked the right place! It's great. Relax and enjoy!

Upvote 0

luv

Yacht and Beach are nice, IMO. But I don't like to be there without a real balcony...and they have a lot of those bogus 8" balconies.

Upvote 0

s&k'smom

You could go on to youtube and search for yacht club rooms folks are always posting room reviews etc, this way you could get a good look at the inside plus I find it adds to the excitement, have fun I've always wanted to stay there.

Upvote 0

copcarguyp71

Why the hate for the YC? Have you ever stayed there? We stayed at BC four years ago and loved it. I do get your point about the balconies but we were on the concierge level and did have one that we could see the roof of The Land from and nightly fireworks even though it was a garden view. I personally have always found GF to be way too stuffy for me to be able to unwind there. Each to his own I guess but Stormalong Bay is sooooo great! No matter what at the end of the day it is Disney so ENJOY!!!!!

Upvote 0

Spikerdink

I have been at Beach Club twice - once many years ago and once two years ago....both times were amazing. Like the other posters have said, stormalong bay is (I think) the best pool on property. The complex is quiet, serene and close enough to Hollywood and Epcot and of course Boardwalk. It really is the best of all worlds.... you will absolutely love it.....

Upvote 0

marcriss

YC doesn't have the faux balconies,only the BC. We haven't stayed anywhere else in 10 years. We love the YC. Sweetpee is right, elegant without being stuffy.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Okay so here's the deal... I am a typical Grand Floridian / Boardwalk Inn fan, but I have an upcoming trip planned and the only place I could get in Epcot was Yacht Club. I originally had a room at the Grand Floridian, but I don't have the patience for all that construction. I really have never liked the Yacht Club... so I guess I'm looking for some reassurance from my fellow posters. Just make me feel better... LOL

We have stayed at YC and are also GF fans!! We loved the YC!!! It is not the GF but it was really nice! We loved being able to boat over to DHS and walk to Epcot. We did like the decor as well! We had club level at both YC and GF. And the amenities were closely the same. The club level food was nicer at GF but the YC was still good. We would stay at the YC again with no hesitation!!!

Upvote 0

cornandacobb

Nothing bad to say about the Yacht Club. Request a "lake view". The fireworks view? Meh. Without the music and lake, Illuminations fireworks from that distance is not so special.
But you've stayed at Boardwalk Inn so you already know this.
Great amenities. Great food options on site.
Quiet pool with hot tub and laundry facilities.
And great location...which you already know because of the Boardwalk Inn.

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

The Yacht Club is our all-around favorite. It's elegant without being stuffy or overdone. The dining options are great, the amenities can't be beat. Just when you think if can't get any better you find yourself out on your balcony watching Illuminations and you know you picked the right place! It's great. Relax and enjoy!

I will second what sweetppe said!! This is my favorite resort. We love the dining, the location, and the movies on the beach at night. Oh wow, I forgot Stormalong Bay!!! You will have fun!

Upvote 0

Avenger117

You'll enjot it! I took a tour this summer and really loved it, so we booked a trip for next summer. Its really nice from the lobby, to the pool, to the nice beach area. Plus Yachtsman is right there.

Upvote 0

luis71091

The YC is one of my favorites. Great location, awesome theme, very quiet and relaxed, unlike beach which is more hectic. Pool is the best onsite. My favorite thing to do is lay out on the beach watching the lights from the boardwalk and the boats go by.

Upvote 0

BCVTalsJam

You'll love it...We are owners at the Beach Club Villas and love that area and the resort. It is great to be at one of the three (Beach/Board/Yacht). ENJOY!

Upvote 0

sgtmgd

I love the Yacht Club...IMO YC, BC, and Boardwalk are all A++....Im happy in either of them!

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

It's a resort... has a nice pool and has amazing access to EPCOT/DHS.

Unless you're spending all day in your room, and I'm unsure why anyone would do this when at WDW, then I really see no difference between the rooms. It's a bed, walls, paint...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom