Nemo Musical first show review

Penndragon85

No Show?

Just a tip:
Don't come and expect a show on Tuesday, the show will be dark.

Also, to those who have seen it already, expect a lot of changes in the coming months, to the extent of new music to replace some of the current tracks. The show runs way too long as it is right now for a theme park show at WDW.

What no show on Tuesday? And the show will be Dark...What? I know its in doors and darken for effects but what do you mean and why is there not going to be a show on Tuesday i was told that they would have showings all week?:veryconfu Please help, I don't want to have to go out if there is not going to be one thanks!:wave:

Legacy

What no show on Tuesday? And the show will be Dark...What? I know its in doors and darken for effects but what do you mean and why is there not going to be a show on Tuesday i was told that they would have showings all week?:veryconfu Please help, I don't want to have to go out if there is not going to be one thanks!:wave:

"Dark" is a theatrical term for "no show".

Being that it is previews, there is also no guarantee that any show will happen you are there. Disney can cancel one at a moments noticed because it isn't officially open yet.

Penndragon85

"Dark" is a theatrical term for "no show".

Being that it is previews, there is also no guarantee that any show will happen you are there. Disney can cancel one at a moments noticed because it isn't officially open yet.

:wave: Thank you for clearing that up for me, about the dark thing!! True about that I knew disney can cancel things too but my real question is that 100% true. And Yes I remember Nemo and Friends attraction had to close a couple of times before the opening and same when Pirates re-open during their previews. So very true but hopfully they will do it... I will just have to come and see. Thanks again!:animwink:

Shaman

I could care less if you people believe a word I am saying, I just post what I find out at work.

Thanks for sharing your info! I for one, see the logic in what you're saying...:wave:

The folks at Disney will want to have as many showings of the Nemo show as possible per day.

It will probably be somewhere around the same length as FotLK...how long does that run?

Penndragon85

Times

Thanks for sharing your info! I for one, see the logic in what you're saying...:wave:

The folks at Disney will want to have as many showings of the Nemo show as possible per day.

It will probably be somewhere around the same length as FotLK...how long does that run?

Festival duration is 30minutes long
and these are the normal times ( these are actual the times for today) 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:30 PM, 5:30 PM so as you can see there is a good about of times it shows now I read on a former reply that they are planning on having 4 shows of Nemo well if FOTLK has 5 shows and is 30 min. then Nemo could be 40 min if they are only doing 4 shows... JUST A THEORY... mostly wrong b/c things always change...just thought it was intresting little math problem. :lol:
( was going to add in... and if the two tourist run at a 90 degree one at Point A (Nemo) one from Point B (FOTLK) which one would get to the it's Tough to be a Bug first lol :D Gosh i hate math word problems... sorry that was such a side comment.)

Shaman

Festival duration is 30minutes long
and these are the normal times ( these are actual the times for today) 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM, 4:30 PM, 5:30 PM so as you can see there is a good about of times it shows now I read on a former reply that they are planning on having 4 shows of Nemo well if FOTLK has 5 shows and is 30 min. then Nemo could be 40 min if they are only doing 4 shows... JUST A THEORY... mostly wrong b/c things always change...just thought it was intresting little math problem. :lol:
( was going to add in... and if the two tourist run at a 90 degree one at Point A (Nemo) one from Point B (FOTLK) which one would get to the it's Tough to be a Bug first lol :D Gosh i hate math word problems... sorry that was such a side comment.)

With Everest and now the new Nemo show...at some point I'm sure they'll start experimenting with extending AK's operating hours so maybe we should factor in another show for Nemo.

If it's more than 35 minutes then cool. :D

Penndragon85

Times

With Everest and now the new Nemo show...at some point I'm sure they'll start experimenting with extending AK's operating hours so maybe we should factor in another show for Nemo.

If it's more than 35 minutes then cool. :D

There are many rumors and I have heard from many sources that it soon will be extented later and I've heard bits and peices that a new dark ride is being worked on so that we can keep the park open later... but Once again Rumors..alot of times its people ideas or hopes that get turned into a rumor.:lookaroun .. but I do know for a FACT that they are working on extending hours like they did at the begining of the summer. :sohappy:

TP2000

The show runs way too long as it is right now for a theme park show at WDW.

Why? :confused: The Aladdin show at DCA runs 40 minutes long, and they pack that 1,900 seat Hyperion Theater for up to 5 shows per day.

Why does it need to be shortened? Other Disney parks regularly perform 40 minute musical productions every day.

RSoxNo1

I think another Asian animal display (Orangutans, Giant Pandas, Red Pandas, Asian Elephants) along with a new dark ride would make expanded hours at the Animal Kingdom absolutely necessary.

The biggest problem there will be the lack of quick food places (With only Pizzafari and Restaurantasaurus as the only quick options).

Chape19714

because Animal Kingdom is a more popular park, and Nemo's Theater is smaller than the Hyperion at only 1,500. I went to Cali last summer and there were only 3 perfomances of Aladdin per day.

(With only Pizzafari and Restaurantasaurus as the only quick options).

Tusker House, Flame Tree BBQ, Restaruntasaurus, Pizzafari, and a new Table service opening soon, in addition to Rainforest at the Entrance.

rainfully

I was there at the first show as well, sitting VIP OH YEAH! :cool: :king:

:lookaroun

I twas definitely very cute, but I know there are a lot of changes to come... they're even rewriting a few tracks. So the show is going to be very different in the coming weeks!

Blizz

Why? :confused: The Aladdin show at DCA runs 40 minutes long, and they pack that 1,900 seat Hyperion Theater for up to 5 shows per day.

Why does it need to be shortened? Other Disney parks regularly perform 40 minute musical productions every day.
I am well aware of how long Aladdin runs. Regardless, Walt Disney World is not Disneyland...

DAK closes at 5/6ish. Try to fit 5 shows into that along with time to clear and clean between shows, a 1 hour lunch break for the cast. Considering shows dont start until 10am.... Yeah. That would add an hour an a half. That means Disney would have to cut one show, making less people can see it. So would you rather have less people seeing the show you just spent a fortune on or add another 15 minutes? If I was a park executive I would see having more guests as the better choice.

EpcotServo

I went to both shows today, and they were both great! Really well done. Just about as good as The Lion King. (And not the Animal Kingdom version! ;) ) Also I saw Joe Rhode here at DAK this morning to check out the show. I do recommend you get there early once the show opens. At the second showing, the line went all the way back to Dino-Rama! Kudos to the opening cast and crew for a great show! And I'm not just saying this because Tarzan Rocks! was such a waste of time and space.
:lol:

pheneix

DAK closes at 5/6ish. Try to fit 5 shows into that along with time to clear and clean between shows

10:00, 11:30, 1:30, 3:00, 4:30

I gotta feeling that's gonna be the operation schedule after the mob of people I stood in line with to see this show at 12:30 today. And this was just a preview showing. I can't wait to see this park fill up when thousands of people show up every day to see this show along with the thousands of guests that are in the park just to ride Everest.

WDWlife

Clearing up some rumors...

I thought I'd clear up a few things...

The ultimate goal is to get these two casts to do 7 days a week and 5 shows a day in a few weeks. It will be VERY difficult to get to that as this is a very demanding show. Plus all the actors are in most moments of the show. With a cast of 18 all hands are on deck. The same actors who play the "moonfish" and point Marlin and Dory to the EAC come out seconds later as jellyfish.

This is a very different animal than FotLK. There are only four live singers in FOtLK while in NEMO every actor you see is mic-ed and is singing, acting and operating puppets. I know one actor has 17 separate puppets!

The show will stay at about 35 minutes. We are actually adding a little time tomorrow while we are "dark" to give the show a little air. We realized where people wanted laugh and clap- but didn't have time. When you are on a recorded accompaniment track you cannot wait for the audience and stop. (The track is a recoded 60 piece orchestra- hard to just change). We have also re-written jokes that didn't work for the first few audiences and defined the story a bit with extra lines.

I hope that helps.

Also note that we're dark Tuesday and Saturday. Plus we won't have 10am previews for the rest of the week. All will be in the afternoon.

jabead

Thank you for the information WDWlife. My family had planned to go to AK on Saturday to see the show, but it sounds like we need to change our plans. How about Sunday? Also will it be only in the afternoon or will it be back to mornings? Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated since we are there for only 4 days this time and seeing this show is one of the top things on our list.

Also note that we're dark Tuesday and Saturday. Plus we won't have 10am previews for the rest of the week. All will be in the afternoon.

Wish I had read this yesterday...I woke up at 8 with only 5 hours of sleep specifically to see the 10:00 show before work. Ah well :rolleyes:

The CMs at the door told me they were doing work with cranes...any idea what's going on exactly?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom