Need Help! Please Answer Some Questions For Me! (Annual Questions) (Use this thread)

Vote! (Please check all that apply)

• I have participated in a WDWMagic Photo Contest this year

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • I have not participated in a WDWMagic Photo Contest this year

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • The Photo Contests are helping me improve my photography skills

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • The Photo Contests are not helping me improve my photography skills

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • I enjoy participating in the Photo Contests

Votes: 33 78.6%
  • I do not enjoy participating in the Photo Contests

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • The subjects for the contest are diverse enough

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • The subjects for the contest are not diverse enough (Please explain)

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I may or may not participate in the Contest, but I enjoy looking at everyone else photos

Votes: 32 76.2%
  • I have looked ahead on the Contest calendar to see what photos I should take on my next trip

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I have not looked ahead on the Contest calendar to see what photos I should take on my next trip

Votes: 13 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
You know, you'd think by now, I'd be able to make a stupid poll...:lol:

Wow...this snuck up on me!!!

Well, everyone, it's that time of year again. Time for me to assess these contests and make some changes. This is why I turn to you all. These are not just my contests, but they are yours too. Therefore, I have included a poll in which I would like you to answer. I also have a few questions that I would like answered that cannot be asked in poll form that I would really appreciate an answer to as well. These questions are more important to me than the poll, so if you do anything, help me out here! Thanks!

1. What new photo contests would you like to see next year? Do you have any in mind that you think would work really well?
2. What contests that may have not been included in this year's list, but had been in previous years would you like to see again?
3. What contests from this year did you think worked well? Which ones did you enjoy the most?
4. What contests from this year did you think didn't work? Which ones did you dislike the most?

Thank you all for participating in this little questionaire. As I said, these are not just my contests, but yours as well and I want to make sure you all are happy.

The list for next year's contest should be available by December.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

1. How about Your favorite car/ride vehicle on a ride at any of the parks?
2. Sorry, I don't really know what the other contests have been in past years.
3. I thought the Signage contest worked well. I like the unique contests where the subjects are not very regular. I don't know if you know what I mean. I also liked the "Relax, you're on vacation."
4. I didn't really think any contests didn't work well. They all seemed to include almost everyone who went to Disney and returned with pictures.

I hope this helps.:wave:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
You know, you'd think by now, I'd be able to make a stupid poll...:lol:

Wow...this snuck up on me!!!

Well, everyone, it's that time of year again. Time for me to assess these contests and make some changes. This is why I turn to you all. These are not just my contests, but they are yours too. Therefore, I have included a poll in which I would like you to answer. I also have a few questions that I would like answered that cannot be asked in poll form that I would really appreciate an answer to as well. These questions are more important to me than the poll, so if you do anything, help me out here! Thanks!

1. What new photo contests would you like to see next year? Do you have any in mind that you think would work really well?
I am happy with everything this year. All of the things I am interested in taking pictures of was covered.
2. What contests that may have not been included in this year's list, but had been in previous years would you like to see again?
None come to mind. :shrug:
3. What contests from this year did you think worked well? Which ones did you enjoy the most?
I love the water and signage contests. :) The special events contest was a nice addition this year.
4. What contests from this year did you think didn't work? Which ones did you dislike the most?
I always have the hardest time with the Love themed contest. :shrug:

Thank you all for participating in this little questionaire. As I said, these are not just my contests, but yours as well and I want to make sure you all are happy.

The list for next year's contest should be available by December.

I just want to add a big thank you for all your hard work! :wave:

CAPTAIN HOOK

I enjoy looking at the competition entries and do enter one or two. While it doesn't improve my photography skills a lot of the entries do inspire me with their creativity.

Thanks for your hard work :sohappy:

Thessair

I wouldn't mind seeing contests that encourage people to take a few photos off the beaten path, or things that you don't see photographed as often. Maybe restrooms (external only, please). :D

I just started participating this year, so I'm not entirely qualified to answer this.

I liked the Villains one the best, I think. But I also really enjoyed any contest where people posted unusual or not often seen locations or images.

I personally can't say I disliked any of them.

Bug715

quote]
1) What about a thanksgiving themed one? The only live animal picture I have is of the Pardoned turkey from last year but I don't want to use that and not be able to in the future.

2) This is my first year so I don't know.

3) I like the upcoming food one. I'm very excitited about it!! I also liked special events, parades, cast members, disney magic, and main street (I wasn't around then but love main street since I worked there. I wish I could find those pictures!).

4) Don't really have any

Gorjus

Great Job and thanks for you time Nibbs.

I would expand some categories. Instead of Disney Villians, why not Villians? That way some of the villians in the Great Movie Ride or Star Wars Ride, etc. could be included.

If a contest had low participation, evaluate it. Is it new and needs a chance to grow and blossom? Or is it just not popular? Something like Cast Members might inspire more people to take some great photos of cast members, thus increasing the popularity of the contest. Or it might be that cast members aren't going to make great photos and it is time to retire that contest. Just an example.

I'd rethink the "can only use a photo in one contest" rule. If someone is going to continue to use the same photo over and over again, I think the contest voters are going to notice that and eventually discount the photo. However, one photo might be perfect for 2 or 3 contests. It might make the perfect night shot; happiness shot; and MK shot.

These are just my suggestions.

MKCP 1985

no restroom pictures, please. :hurl:

the topics are diverse and elicit fun and interesting photos from week to week, even without a bathrooms contest. :lol:

it must take a great deal of time to pull all this together, so THANK YOU for all you do!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom