Need Help Planning A Trip

I am in the process of planning a "girls only" trip to WDW for myself and hopefully 5 other women. I was thinking either late September, early October or late January, early February. We are wanting low crowd levels and hopefully some discounted rates. I am kind of leaning towards the Sept/Oct times due to the free dining offers, the Food & Wine Festival and warmer temps, but would really love some imput from those who have been during these times as to pro's & con's of each.

Thanks!!

Mukta

A girls trip sounds wonderful!
I have been in late September/October a few times. The pros are that crowds are low, F&W and there are discounts available. Cons are that the weather is still fairly hot, some attractions will go down for refurbishment and restaurants are packed due to free dining.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I have visited WDW several times in Sept. & it is a great time to go!
The Halloween decorations are up, the crowd levels are lower than the summer months, but the temps can still be pretty hot though.

We also like to take advantage of the free dining.

What resort are you looking at?
What restaurants are you looking at?

Upvote 0

bradybig

Several things---first, there is no guarantee that the free dining will be in effect next year in September/ October. The end of September/early October is an excellent time to go. I have been at the end of January, and we ran into some kind of cheerleading competition which made for a difficult trip. My family has been there in early October on 2 occasions and it was great. The weather in January is a complete dice role (it can be perfect or it can be cold)

Upvote 0

Wickersham98

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies!!

The thought of the heat doesn't bother me too much, I would rather it be warm than too cool. I think I would be more concerned about the rain, and I know that September is hurricane season. We will probably do the dining plan, regardless. It just seems that they offer it around the September time frame, but who's to say they will in a year or so. Not sure yet as to where we are going to stay. I am thinking probably a moderate. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I know that one lady will want her own room and the rest of us would be fine staying together, if we could find a room to fit us comfortably. We stayed 5, last year on our family trip, at Jambo House, and the pull out chair worked great for the little one, but not so sure that would fly with adults! As far as referbs go, I can't say I have ever been to WDW when there wasn't something down for referb. Some of these ladies, it will be their first trip to the World and I want to make it as perfect as possible for them.

Upvote 0

DisneyRunner

The free dining promotion runs through 9/29/11. It must be booked by 12/20/10. If you choose to stay at a moderate resort you would receive the DDP. This plan includes one CS, one TS, and one snack per night of your stay.

Upvote 0

cegrant

Crowd levels in Sept/Oct are usually pretty good. One thing to consider, is that with the Food and Wine festival underway, you may not want to bother with the dining plan. You might just end up grazing your way around the lagoon rather than eating in restaurants.

I prefer to book under a room-only discount. I have an AP, so I usually use that. (I'm going next week; I used an AP discount for a 2-bedroom at Bay Lake.) Since we stay in villas, it's usually much cheaper for us to get 42% off the room than free meals.

But I digress. To answer your question, I'd recommend the last week of Sept/first week of Oct. It's trailing off hurricane season, the crowd levels are low, and you can hit up Food and Wine.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I am in the process of planning a "girls only" trip to WDW for myself and hopefully 5 other women. I was thinking either late September, early October or late January, early February. We are wanting low crowd levels and hopefully some discounted rates. I am kind of leaning towards the Sept/Oct times due to the free dining offers, the Food & Wine Festival and warmer temps, but would really love some imput from those who have been during these times as to pro's & con's of each.

Thanks!!

I have been in late October, for Halloween. The crowd levels weren't bad. Late Sept and early Oct are generally lower crowd levels. As for temp...i will tell you that when we were there, we were melting! It was so HOT! That being said, we've also been in November for Thanksgiving and December for Christmas. And when we were there in Nov, we FROZE! And then at Christmas - it so humid we could barely stand it! I guess my point is that you just never can tell what the weather is going to do. Enjoy the girls trip! It will a great trip!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom