NBA Experience at Disney Springs

71jason

Yep. I think ESPNZone would have happened but one exists at boardwalk. This is a great alternative to that in my opinion.

That's technically an ESPN Club. An ESPN Zone is more like this, sort of Dave & Busters-esque hybrid of an arcade and a restaurant. Tho I agree an ESPN Club would have served little purpose if the Zone had opened in DTD, could have been repurposed into something better.

lazyboy97o

Back story - What is the back story on all the clothing stores, micro car sells, possible Apple store, etc. This is a shopping mall. I would even love to see a specialty market come in and sell basic food products.
The back story goes up to the present and all of those things are found in towns and reused buildings.

xstech25

If it's true that Disney Quest is closing that is the best news to come out of WDW in years!! I can't believe it has lasted this long.

Back story - What is the back story on all the clothing stores, micro car sells, possible Apple store, etc. This is a shopping mall. I would even love to see a specialty market come in and sell basic food products.
The back story is WDW has huge international attendance and wants to keep people on property and away from the outlet mall down the street.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Only logical place it would go. Granted we dont know for sure until permits happen, but unless theyre gonna build a new building... cant see where it would go anywhere else.

Yeah, looking at the map I have of the landings, the largest single space is 10,000 sq/ft so that would have to be five stories tall to accommodate Based on the DS model, nothing in the Town Center is over two stories.

We would probably hear an announcement of it's closing day before we saw a permit.

articos

Yeah, looking at the map I have of the landings, the largest single space is 10,000 sq/ft so that would have to be five stories tall to accommodate Based on the DS model, nothing in the Town Center is over two stories.

We would probably hear an announcement of it's closing day before we saw a permit.
It is planned for West Side, not TC or The Landings.

MarkTwain

I wonder if the concept would retain any of DisneyQuest's games. The ESPNzone in DtD Anaheim has a large arcade upstairs, with several sports simulation games. Maybe even some of the Disney-created attractions could be repurposed into a Dave and Busters-type location (the virtual Jungle Cruise into a river-rafting simulation, perhaps).

I can't imagine all that square footage would be just a restaurant, or even a store and restaurant. That is a LOT of space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom