NBA Experience at Disney Springs

lazyboy97o

I would be surprised if they took it down. It's basically a five story box so could easily be re-purposed. I assume it's a steel frame structure so cutting in new windows is easy.
It could even be stripped down to the structure the way the NASCAR Cafe was taken pretty much to its bones.

WDW_Jon

The UK DisneyWorld tickets for 2016 that are unlimited park hoppers no longer include DisneyQuest, this leads me to think DQ will be closing sometime in 2016.
But we now get free memory maker with UK tickets!
Free memory maker with just 2016 tickets or is this already happening do you know for 2015??
Purchasing for October in the next couple of weeks...

Next Big Thing

Idk if anyone else had thought of this, but as I was at DTD last night (enjoying a wonderful meal at The Boathouse!), I was thinking about this and the Disney Quest building. If this is to use all of that building and take up that much room, it's very possible they build a full size basketball court inside.

They could do it as a pay per allotted amount of time type of thing. If it's not too expensive, I could even see it being popular among locals. Actual hardwood basketball courts (never mind high quality) are hard to find.

The Basketball HOF in Springfield, Mass has something very similar to what I describe.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

Idk if anyone else had thought of this, but as I was at DTD last night (enjoying a wonderful meal at The Boathouse!), I was thinking about this and the Disney Quest building. If this is to use all of that building and take up that much room, it's very possible they build a full size basketball court inside.

They could do it as a pay per allotted amount of time type of thing. If it's not too expensive, I could even see it being popular among locals. Actual hardwood basketball courts (never mind high quality) are hard to find.

The Basketball HOF in Springfield, Mass has something very similar to what I describe.

I am definitely thinking there will be at least one court inside. I just wonder how many people are going to mess around with Disney Springs just to play some ball. Maybe they'll have specialty games and events (Globe Trotters, NBA D-League etc.).

Mouse Detective

You're never going to get an NBA player to do anything without paying him. So other than some grand opening appearances, I just don't envision a lot of interaction from players. We certainly didn't see many of them appearing over at NBA City.

MarkTwain

It's an interesting thought. I suspect at the very least we'll see some resemblance to the ESPN Zone at Disneyland's DtD, with the facility having lots of sports simulators and arcade games. That's too much square footage for just dining.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
image.jpg

omurice

"If only there were a massive sports complex at the south end of the property convenient to I-4 where this would make more sense..."

Next Big Thing

It's an interesting thought. I suspect at the very least we'll see some resemblance to the ESPN Zone at Disneyland's DtD, with the facility having lots of sports simulators and arcade games. That's too much square footage for just dining.
I just get the vibe that it'll be similar to a Dave & Busters, which is basically what you just drew up.

Next Big Thing

I do like that they changed WWoS to the ESPN name, however, aside from that...

I hate how ESPN has been used in a practical way to the everyday guest. If i'm looking for a sports bar, i'm not going to WWoS or to the Boardwalk (unless of course i'm staying around the boardwalk, but that's only a % of people).

Actually, having those places is fine. I think my gripe is the fact that they have a chance here to turn Disney Quest into an ESPN Zone and instead are just handing it over to NBA. Great, we get a sports bar, but it's so narrowly aimed. It will take very good marketing for it to be successful.

jt04

I do like that they changed WWoS to the ESPN name, however, aside from that...

I hate how ESPN has been used in a practical way to the everyday guest. If i'm looking for a sports bar, i'm not going to WWoS or to the Boardwalk (unless of course i'm staying around the boardwalk, but that's only a % of people).

Actually, having those places is fine. I think my gripe is the fact that they have a chance here to turn Disney Quest into an ESPN Zone and instead are just handing it over to NBA. Great, we get a sports bar, but it's so narrowly aimed. It will take very good marketing for it to be successful.

I would be suprised if the facility does not contain a generic sports bar. With 'generic' being a relative term. Lots of Disney themeing and magic.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
A lot of hate on this thread. lol Though I hate DisneyQuest is leaving, I'm an NBA fan and can't wait to see how it turns out. If it is bad then I'll go off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom