Navi Shaman b mode.

Cmdr_Crimson

I haven't rode this ride yet and I am curioius from seeing videos and such..But, is this Na'vi an AA too? I've watched a few videos and can't honestly tell...
from Kennythepirate
NaVi-River-Journey-in-Pandora-the-World-of-Avatar-at-Disneys-Animal-Kingdom-21.jpg

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20171013_200247.jpg
I'm not a fan of "B Mode" at all. Glad I had a FP and didn't have to wait 110 mins tonight. You could hear the disappointment in people's voices but alas, what can you do?

Cmdr_Crimson

2) How do they get her out of there? I'd imagine something like that is bolted to the floor.

My guess would be something along the lines of how the Country Bears Side stages are.. Perhaps it rotates it perfectly for them to do maintenance on the AA while the video screen version is on the other side....Again, just a guess..

DABIGCHEEZ

View attachment 238022 I'm not a fan of "B Mode" at all. Glad I had a FP and didn't have to wait 110 mins tonight. You could hear the disappointment in people's voices but alas, what can you do?
My exact sentiments when we had FPs back in August and were surprised by the video Shaman. No need to ever go back on this ride, so that added to the disappointment as at least I was looking forward to this AA.

Tiny Arms

Speaking of B-modes, has anyone noticed how visible the head-on-a-stick Carno is since Dinosaur's (otherwise fantastic) refurb a bit ago? I always get a kick out of seeing the little guy, but I imagine that it would be pretty distracting for average guests. At least the photo Carno is pretty good at diverting most guests' attention.
I definitely have; although, to be fair, I never actively looked for him prior to the refurb so I'm not sure if he's always been as obvious.
But yes, I can really pinpoint him because of his teeth - it almost looks like blacklight exposure because of the slight luminescence.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
My understanding is that there is projection as well as an inverse sculpt here similar to the busts in The Haunted Mansion that follow you.

Now if they could just take that a step further and put in on Madame Leota so she follows your movement as you circle around the seance room. Yes please! I know.. I know it's OT but how awesome would that be!? Although I'd imagine 180 head rotation is a bit difficult to pull off successfully using just the inverse sculpt.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

PizzaPlanet

Now if they could just take that a step further and put in on Madame Leota so she follows your movement as you circle around the seance room. Yes please! I know.. I know it's OT but how awesome would that be!? Although I'd imagine 180 head rotation is a bit difficult to pull off successfully using just the inverse sculpt.

Now back to your regularly scheduled discussion.
How would she look at everyone in the room at once? She would only be able to focus on one doom buggy.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
How would she look at everyone in the room at once? She would only be able to focus on one doom buggy.

Oh she's not looking at everyone. She's looking at YOU! or that is how it should appear. Technically she won't be looking at us; we'll be looking at her. The actual illusion would involve the building of a new crystal ball globe with an extremely exaggerated inverse sculpt of Leota's head inside (Exaggerated to make viewing angles as wide as possible) then continue with the projecting mapping of they eye and mouth movements. That's where things get a bit muddled in my thinking because I don't know if the projections would also "move" as we rotate around her.

The far extremes where we enter the scene and exit the scene would also need to be addressed.; obscuring the ball from view with a cleverly placed seance prop so as not to ruin the illusion.

There would be some sacrifice but the payoff of looking on at Madame Leota in the ball as she follows us around the room would be pretty impressive. If possible it would turn the stationary Leota into a more "animated" version; one that would gaze directly at us!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom