Navi Shaman b mode.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Audio-Anamatronic is a trademarked term so it only has other Disney creations to compete against so that's not such a large hurdle to top. Lifelike motion on the other hand for robots is quite well beyond the blue puppet in the ride.

Movielover

I love the fact that some people can't fathom the idea that a machine operating continuously for 12 hours a day may at some point break down. It's gonna happen people. At least they had the foresight to build this with a acceptable "B" mode and easy access instead of this...

IMG_2605.jpg

Kamikaze

Audio-Anamatronic is a trademarked term so it only has other Disney creations to compete against so that's not such a large hurdle to top. Lifelike motion on the other hand for robots is quite well beyond the blue puppet in the ride.

Just because 'Audio-Animatronics' is trademarked in no way means that the exact same type of robot done by someone else is not competition.

peter11435

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Disney is not going for autonomous. AI is not really the goal or necessary for most of their projects. The figures you linked to are all very cool and some have very realistic modeling and finishing. All of them however appear very robotic and none of them have the fluidity and realistic motion of some of the latest disney figures.

Realistic for a CGI figure? The muscularity is very wrong for the moment arm of the limbs.

Jedi Stitch

For a ride with only one AA on it, people tend to notice the A mode Vs B Mode. How Disney handled it on this ride is much more smarter than other rides. It is kind of a wonder if they would take the time to do a projection screen or even project onto Disco Yeti to give it the illusion of movement? Dinosaur on B-mode as shown in a previous posters post, shows shrubbery, so unless if you are a knight of Nee, that portion of the ride would seam lackluster. I would think after all the hype of a ride and finally getting to right it and finding the B-mode would make me cry inside. See this B-mode, not as impressive as the A-Mode shows great forethought, and is a nice remedy to a problem.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm referring to the realistic fluidity of its movements so the fact that it's based on a CGI character is irrelevant.

Not sure what you're trying to say in your second sentence.

It's a simple English sentence. Smooth movement is one thing (but any industrial robot can do that) but a plausible arm, joint, and driving musculature is another.

peter11435

It's a simple English sentence. Smooth movement is one thing (but any industrial robot can do that) but a plausible arm, joint, and driving musculature is another.
I'm assuming you mistyped movement as moment which caused the confusion.

As for any industrial robot being capable of smooth movement. If that's the case then how come non of the figures in your link displayed smooth movement?

I don't see anything not plausible about the shaman.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I'm assuming you mistyped movement as moment which caused the confusion.

As for any industrial robot being capable of smooth movement. If that's the case then how come non of the figures in your link displayed smooth movement?

I don't see anything not plausible about the shaman.

No I didn't mistyped look up 'moment arm'

peter11435

No I didn't mistyped look up 'moment arm'

A term I'm obviously unfamiliar with.

Regardless disney didn't design the character the figure is based on. The figure should be judged on its authenticity to the source material. Also remember she's an alien from an alien world.

lazyboy97o

A term I'm obviously unfamiliar with.

Regardless disney didn't design the character the figure is based on. The figure should be judged on its authenticity to the source material. Also remember she's an alien from an alien world.
For all of Disney’s technical advances, their animation of late has been lacking. The hands lead too much of the movement, giving a motion that looks more like a marionette being pulled around than muscles pushing forward. Yes, the Na’vi are alien but they are portrayed with human motion capture and that type of movement doesn’t make sense even for a non-human life.

Calm Down Rover

Speaking of B-modes, has anyone noticed how visible the head-on-a-stick Carno is since Dinosaur's (otherwise fantastic) refurb a bit ago? I always get a kick out of seeing the little guy, but I imagine that it would be pretty distracting for average guests. At least the photo Carno is pretty good at diverting most guests' attention.

Winter

I do have to wonder if this ever happens on Gran Fiesta Tour when the 3 Cabs aren't working right and they just open the curtain to go back to the original animated finale..
ASD-12042015z+-+2.jpg
oft_blog_gft_11-19-12.jpg
Huh, I remember the last time I went on that ride I was thinking at that part that it seemed kinda weird that they were animatronics but that I still somehow remembered them being animatronics. That would explain it then. What year was it when they changed it from that screen to animatronics?

lazyboy97o

Huh, I remember the last time I went on that ride I was thinking at that part that it seemed kinda weird that they were animatronics but that I still somehow remembered them being animatronics. That would explain it then. What year was it when they changed it from that screen to animatronics?
The figures debuted in this attraction in early December 2015.

Winter

The figures debuted in this attraction in early December 2015.
Oh wow, then that's even weirder then, I shouldn't have ever seen the animatronics until the last time I was on it then. I wonder how I partly remembered them being there then..... Maybe I'll ask King Louie on Jungle Cruise, maybe he knows ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom