Na'vi River Journey reviews, comments and questions

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am confused about how a fire alarm can shut the whole facility down. Something large like a mall will be broken up into zones..
Doesn't matter it seems. An alarm will necessitate a building evacuation.

Where I work there are several zones. I work somewhere not unlike the Avland show building. One zone alarm requires a full evacuation of the complex.

sedati

Doesn't matter it seems. An alarm will necessitate a building evacuation.

Where I work there are several zones. I work somewhere not unlike the Avland show building. One zone alarm requires a full evacuation of the complex.
I'm glad your place of business and Disney take them seriously. I have a side job in a large mall where the fire alarms have become a joke. Every time I arrive I usually spot a fire engine at one of the entrances. We seem to have an alarm go off in our zone everyday, and if not- if you listen carefully, you can usually hear one going off in the distance. No one, not even the customers, bat an eye. Children are usually distressed by this as they are the only ones who take it seriously. It took a shooting to actually evacuate the mall. Then, a month later, several large panes of glass simply fell out from a store distant to ours (no one got hurt luckily) and someone yelled "GUN!" This caused a human stampede the likes I had never experienced before (a busy Saturday afternoon.) For a place that is so slow to react, it took them only minutes to make announcements that this was a false alarm and begged everyone to come back inside and spend their money (the floors were absolutely covered in Starbucks and IceCream dropped by the fleeing masses- how nobody slipped and fell is amazing.)

Anyway, safety first, but hopefully there is something that can be done if this is a persistent problem.

Little Green Men

Even with no wait it comes across as.... lacklustre. I pity those who wait an hour in line for it.
I thought the ride is exactly what DAK has been lacking: a completely smooth, relaxing ride where you just take in the scenery. Sure the safari can be relaxing, but the speeding up of the safari vehicle can make it a bit intense. I wouldn't wait an hour but I'd definitely wait 15-20 mins.

RSoxNo1

I can't think of a facility in recent times where a single issue causes an entire new land to effectively grind to a halt. As it has done quite a lot. Twice last week alone.

Let me reiterate I think the land looks gorgeous.
Aren't RnRC and Tower of Terror connected to the same power source?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
As with any journey there's a reason for taking it; here there isn't one. The ride suffers from a few things but it's biggest setback IMHO is the complete dismissal of the destination; the reasoning for taking this point A to B boat ride in the first place. It's nice to look at but rather pointless. I'd compare it to Grand Fiesta Tour but in many aspects NRJ is worse. At least Grand Fiesta Tour establishes a storyline, intro and finale.

Prototype82

When I visited, they were putting 4 adults into each row, which was way too cramped. IMO, the dumb rider setup lowers the experience as well. Who wants to feel like a sardine for the whole ride?

Any chance it could be retooled in the next couple of years? Seems like with a few more animated figures, a voiceover, and some added effects at the shaman, you could have a satisfactory diversion.
Not sure how a voice over would make sense. It would sound like the voice was coming out of nowhere. Pandora strives to feel real and first person. I feel like it would spoil the illusion.

kpilcher

Aren't RnRC and Tower of Terror connected to the same power source?
Yes, and for a brief time so was the (then-working) animation studio. (RnRC was built where Feature Animation's overflow trailers used to be). Every time the Tower elevators dropped in one of the two shafts it caused the animation rendering system to fritz for a moment. After a few weeks of lost productivity, the power was reworked.

Prototype82

I thought that ACE was for FoP but the NRJ was to be completely indigenous and free of human exposure.
ACE is involved with both technically. The flora fauna plaques, the cast member uniforms, and the mental number plaques at the loading confirm this. I believe I read somewhere that ACE was involved in the creation of the boats.

Cosmic Commando

ACE is involved with both technically. The flora fauna plaques, the cast member uniforms, and the mental number plaques at the loading confirm this. I believe I read somewhere that ACE was involved in the creation of the boats.
I also remember reading that humans made the NRJ boats using Na'vi techniques.

TrojanUSC

Compressed air is a park utility? Like running water or, in New York City, steam?

From what I understand, the way the Magic Kingdom was built everything was designed to be operated centrally to streamline operations. The DACS facility under Fantasyland, for example, would operate automatic doors on the other side of the park and play the background music at hotels a mile away. Whether the issue was related to the compressed air itself or the system that monitored it, I can not tell you. I just had to deal with the outbursts of guests who were very unhappy half the park was down on several occasions.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The odds are stacked against us but I'm hopeful NRJ gets a 2nd look eval and possible redesign in the coming years to fine tune and give this ride more depth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom