Nasty incident outside Club Cool at Epcot tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantasmik

I understand but to keep track of something like that in wdw is much harder. And that is the place at hand. Don't you think?
But like another poster already mentioned that those magic bands in the future will be able to track the number of drinks.

Yes, it is difficult (sometimes practically impossible depending on the server's experience, among other factors), but WDW's policy toward any CM serving alcohol is that they have to monitor each Guest. We have to take a refresher test every quarter to show that we know the Florida laws and the Disney rules. If you fail the test, you have to take a class. Failure to cut a Guest off is grounds for termination.

Radok Block

I was a bartender in college and yes, we were absolutely responsible for making sure our customers weren't inebriated, and we were supposed to cut them off if they were obviously out of their gourds. This was 20 years ago. Any licensed bartender should know this. They do that to remove the economic incentive to keep pouring drinks down people's throats and then unleash them onto the streets.

disneygirl1024

Yes it is their job. If you don't stop serving people who look and obviously are drunk, then you are contributing to the vehicular accidents and innocent people being killed every night. Whether it's WDW or the local watering hole, stop serving them.

Last edited:

jkl2000

Maybe they should get rid of the discounts for Florida residents? <ducks>

I've always lived in New York State, and I've never seen discounts for NYers ANYWHERE. Maybe a place that already has overcrowding issues is making things worse by offering that discount?

muteki

How much training does the average CPer or international castmember manning the various kiosks around F&W get in this particular department? Not nearly that of your average bartender out in the real world I would think.

Just like any bar or other venue serving alcohol they need to know when to cut people off.

mcstensrud

I think more of people keeping an eye out for those who have had a few too many as they are exiting towards the parking lot...
Or there must be an empty space somewhere(say Future World)where they can be taken to sober-up:confused:
Then allow them to Drive home Later.

71jason

Wow, now a bartender is supposed to be a baby sitter and keep track of how many drinks lil Johnny has had?
It's not their job.

Actually it is. And most at WDW do it fairly well (at the old PI, bartenders cut people off all the time, politely but firmly offering a water instead).

Of course, most of the people selling booze at F&W aren't "bartenders" in a traditional sense. They're temps from a staffing agency or making OT from another department, with minimal training or experience. A huge part of the issue here.

AndyGator

Look what I found on twitter! @DrunksInDisney

Pretty entertaining. I hope I don't offend anyone with my dancing tomorrow night at F&W.

backinaction

After a 30 second video i couldn't help but want to punch that guy right in the mouth. If he got that close to my family or children, he would atleast be getting pushed away. at least.

mergatroid

Original Poster
For something that should not of been posted.

WHO CARES.

We get 14 pages of useless replies.

Hello my friend, your post really intrigues me and I've spent quite some time trying to decipher it with limited success unfortunately.

Firstly, why should it not have been posted? This is a board to post information and stories about the parks in Disney, I'd contemplated posting it on a teenage pregnancy forum but thouht it wouldn't really be their cup of tea so posted it here instead?

Secondly, 'WHO CARES'? I'm guessing here so forgive me if I'm wrong but maybe the 14 (now16) pages of people who've responded, including yourself? You actually took time to respond yourself, still trying to figure that one out?

Thirdly '14 pages of useless replies' (now 16). What constitutes a useful reply? There are many opinions I don't agree with but that doesn't make them useless, just opinions I don't agree with. I am rather perplexed with how useful your reply was though but I'm sure you can explain that to us as there must be a great reason for it?

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

it was a drunk navy ensign who went on a hitting spree, don't think badly about the rest of us active duty ...ensigns are the bottom of the totem pole officers who tend to get into trouble with drinking being fresh out of their 4 year strict schooling. shame it had to happen and ruin peoples magic.

No, this does not reflect on the rest of the Military. Not IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom