Nasty incident outside Club Cool at Epcot tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshee61

Actually it is in most states.

I see a lot of my counter replies have been the same:) and That it is their job, that is required in most states, & that it is required in bars.
*** And like I said before ****that I do understand**** but you have to understand how wdw Epcot world showcase is not a bar and that it's not as easy to monitor as such.
So until those magic bands don't come into play and start monitoring, some cast member will most Likey serve a drunk they haven't seen before.
And for the record one incident shouldn't cease all drinking and put a limit for the rest of us.

draybook

I see a lot of my counter replies have been the same:) and That it is their job, that is required in most states, & that it is required in bars.
*** And like I said before ****that I do understand**** but you have to understand how wdw Epcot world showcase is not a bar and that it's not as easy to monitor as such.
So until those magic bands don't come into play and start monitoring, some cast member will most Likey serve a drunk they haven't seen before.
And for the record one ESCALATED incident shouldn't cease all drinking and put a limit for the rest of us.

*fixed

Just because you read about one incident doesn't mean it's the only one. It's just that most incidents don't escalate to this kind of violence.

WDWYankee15

It's true my friend, I've never witnessed a person 'restrained' face down on the pavement at Disney after being told they'd just hit a person with a stick whilst a grounded woman nearby appears to be in tears. I appreciate though that it was a very unusual occurrence. The broken nose thread was a parody of a different thread from a while back, if you didn't see it at the time I can see how it was a bit suspicious though. If you read that whole thread you'll probably see how it was a joke by reading the responses.

Thanks for that :)
I didn't mean to accuse anyone of anything, but was just pieceing things together. Playing Junior Detective if you will from other's posts on this thread. It's all good.

NormC

And for the record one incident shouldn't cease all drinking and put a limit for the rest of us.
I understand your point but you have to understand that a cast member serving alcohol has to follow the same rules as a bartender at a bar. Disney does not allow every CM to serve alcohol. Only those trained to serve alcohol can. It is a liability otherwise and they can lose their license.

cldwv

I stopped reading about half way through but I just had to pop in and report my experience. My daughter and I went to F&W in 2014 (five months ago) and loved it. We had a blast and incidentally, we enjoyed several "beverages" and did not witness any incidents at all. In fact, we're returning for the flower and garden festival in 45 days. I will admit there was a definite party atmosphere but I didn't observe any fights, drunkenness, or rudeness. We even paid for the late nights event and had a wonderful time. Maybe not the best atmosphere for small children in the evening but don't let a few isolated incidents scare you away. We are making it a annual trip.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I stopped reading about half way through but I just had to pop in and report my experience. My daughter and I went to F&W in 2014 (five months ago) and loved it. We had a blast and incidentally, we enjoyed several "beverages" and did not witness any incidents at all. In fact, we're returning for the flower and garden festival in 45 days. I will admit there was a definite party atmosphere but I didn't observe any fights, drunkenness, or rudeness. We even paid for the late nights event and had a wonderful time. Maybe not the best atmosphere for small children in the evening but don't let a few isolated incidents scare you away. We are making it a annual trip.

WOW talk about an old post bump for your first post

welcome to the forums

NMBC1993

Actually, I'm glad this thread has re-emerged as I can share one of my delightful stories from a recent visit to Flower and Garden.

Around 2:10 I made my way to the Japan pavilion for a teriyaki bun and decided to find some shade before Matsuriza stated. As I was sitting there, enjoying my meal I heard a strange sound, it wasn't anything I recognized that usually played in World Showcase. Then from over the hill between Japan and AA I see five men (I'm assuming in their college years there for Spring Break), making their way towards the Japan pavilion. The "sound" I was hearing appeared to be coming from a very large portable speaking attached to one of the guy's belt, the speaker itself was blaring "rap/techno music" while the men in question were shouting at the top of their lungs...clearly enjoying themselves a bit too much. Later that night, I encountered several other people who instead of using a portable speaker, just played their music really loudly on their phones in a queue line.

Sure, things could have been worse (at least a drunken fight didn't break out) but it was really annoying none the least. Not only were the men shouting the typical drunken ramblings, but they also had a speaker capable of drowning out the area music for the pavilion. First we have selfie sticks and now we have people subjecting others to their musical tastes while in a theme park setting. Needless to say, it's people like that who make me want to be an introvert more and more.

Communicore

My favorite food and wine story would still be the dad that told his elementary school aged kids "You kids had more beer tonight...please, please don't tell your mom!"

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Actually, I'm glad this thread has re-emerged as I can share one of my delightful stories from a recent visit to Flower and Garden.

Around 2:10 I made my way to the Japan pavilion for a teriyaki bun and decided to find some shade before Matsuriza stated. As I was sitting there, enjoying my meal I heard a strange sound, it wasn't anything I recognized that usually played in World Showcase. Then from over the hill between Japan and AA I see five men (I'm assuming in their college years there for Spring Break), making their way towards the Japan pavilion. The "sound" I was hearing appeared to be coming from a very large portable speaking attached to one of the guy's belt, the speaker itself was blaring "rap/techno music" while the men in question were shouting at the top of their lungs...clearly enjoying themselves a bit too much. Later that night, I encountered several other people who instead of using a portable speaker, just played their music really loudly on their phones in a queue line.

Sure, things could have been worse (at least a drunken fight didn't break out) but it was really annoying none the least. Not only were the men shouting the typical drunken ramblings, but they also had a speaker capable of drowning out the area music for the pavilion. First we have selfie sticks and now we have people subjecting others to their musical tastes while in a theme park setting. Needless to say, it's people like that who make me want to be an introvert more and more.

I ran into two groups of teenagers using the portable speakers at DL last May. It was very annoying.

cldwv

That needs to be shut down immediately by security. All of these reported incidents need to be shut down by security. Bad behavior=removal from park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom