Napping on Rides/During Shows: Okay or Fau Pax?

Ulysses McGill

It's almost painful for me to read something like this. I admit, it wasn't what it once was, but how can you think it's pointless?

It still themed around a relevant topic, the dinosaurs are cool, and the ride system is pretty unique. Bill Nye and Ellen are still relevant in their own right and although it's a bit outdated, I wouldn't call it the most pointless attraction in Orlando.

They are wasting the immense screens and awesome sound equipment on a Jeopardy show, which I do hate, but at least the screens are utilized in part of the show.

Yes, it could be a lot more and I've screamed for it, but it's not that bad...is it? It still has charm and I think a lot of it is cool. Am I just a homer?

I respect your opinion, but I just really don't like Universe of Energy. Energy conservation is a very relevant topic that I can get behind, but the ride itself is incredibly dated, and seems like an enormous amount of space to accomplish very little in terms of a theme park ride.

Although I was off base on one point, because there is a worse ride - The Gran Fiesta Tour at Mexico. That's the only time I've ever gotten off a ride at Epcot, and actually felt like I managed to know less about the topic than before I got on.

Chef Mickey

I respect your opinion, but I just really don't like Universe of Energy. Energy conservation is a very relevant topic that I can get behind, but the ride itself is incredibly dated, and seems like an enormous amount of space to accomplish very little in terms of a theme park ride.

Although I was off base on one point, because there is a worse ride - The Gran Fiesta Tour at Mexico. That's the only time I've ever gotten off a ride at Epcot, and actually felt like I managed to know less about the topic than before I got on.
Agree on the use of space isn't ideal because they've dumbed down the "theater rooms" too much. Understand, those screen are gigantic, actually a record for their time, and could still be impressive today.

I think the dinosaur scenes are still incredibly well done and a good use of the space. With new movies and a better narration/show theme, the moving through theater concept could be re-imagined into an awesome ride through with great information.

I agree it's an absolute waste of an incredible theater to have Ellen playing Jamie Lee Curtis in a game of Jeopardy.

prfctlyximprct

I fell asleep for maybe 3 minutes in Impressions de France.. that's what drinking around the world in August can do to a gal.. but as long as you don't snore, I think it's perfectly acceptable.

Oh yea, I pass out all the time during certain attractions...it's kind of what I thought all those 30 minute shows in and around the theme parks were built for. As long as you're not snoozing during something like Toy Story Mania or in the pool, I don't see why anyone would care...it's your money, after all.

JohnHangen

Maybe it's socially unacceptable to sleep, but taking a nap in the AC at Ellen has been a Godsend more than once during our Epcot visits, mainly the hot summer ones. I'll be honest, I do like the Ellen ride but there's been a time or two when I steered the kids to it because I was on the verge of bonking.

Last edited:

Tromboneking

On one of our previous trips, we were out late the night before...we went to MK and went into the Tiki room...it was nice and cool..and I admit..I zonked...

britdaw

To each their own, but if you're THAT tired, why not go back to your room for a break?? I personally wouldn't be able to nap on an attraction, but I've seen people do it. As long as you're not snoring or drooling on me, though, I don't really care.

Tom P.

To each their own, but if you're THAT tired, why not go back to your room for a break?? I personally wouldn't be able to nap on an attraction, but I've seen people do it. As long as you're not snoring or drooling on me, though, I don't really care.
Several people have made comments like this, so I'm not picking on you, just using yours as an example. :)

For me, it's not about being so tired that you want to go back to the hotel room and take a nap. For me, it's simply the dramatic change from being out in the hot Florida sun for hours on end going at an often frenetic pace, and then suddenly being indoors in a relatively dark, calm setting with air conditioning. That tends to just lull me to sleep, and oftentimes, just nodding off for a few minutes can make you feel a lot better.

In those situations, I certainly don't want to take several hours out of our day to do a round trip to the hotel and lay down for an actual nap. But nodding off for a few minutes in a place like Carousel of Progress can be a nice change from the hustle and bustle of the rest of the day.

Matt_Black

For some reason I always fall asleep during the muppets. Without fail, show starts, I am out

"You old fool! You slept through the whole thing."
"Who's the fool? YOU watched it!"
"D'oh-ho-ho-ho-hooooo!"

StatlerWaldorf.JPG

blueboxdoctor

I've done this before. A few years back on my high school senior trip we were supposed to go to a water park (forget which one) on our last day, so my room stayed up for quite a while since we were just going to chill the next day. However, it was raining all morning, so the decision was made to cancel plans on the water park. I think it was a free day to go anywhere, so I went to Magic Kingdom, and then kept nodding off on Pirates and was pretty much gone on PhilharMagic. All I needed was Hall of Presidents and I would have been out the whole day. #noshame

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom