Napping on Rides/During Shows: Okay or Fau Pax?

180º

The only time I ever came close to falling asleep (and I'm being completely honest) was on ToT. Fifth dimension, EMH, after a long, 2-knot boat ride from Epcot. Needless to say, I had no trouble waking up. ;)

Red Sox

Thanks for your trolling.
Honestly. What is the point of being in an entertainment venue and sleeping? It's the same as people at sporting events and doing everything other than actually watching the game. If someone wants to get drunk and yak about work go to a bar, why are you spending ridiculous amounts of money to clog up Fenway Park? If someone wants to sleep, stay in bed. Why are you spending ridiculous amounts of money to clog up a theme park? It's a big pet peeve of mine.

Matt_Black

Honestly. What is the point of being in an entertainment venue and sleeping? It's the same as people at sporting events and doing everything other than actually watching the game. If someone wants to get drunk and yak about work go to a bar, why are you spending ridiculous amounts of money to clog up Fenway Park?

I can field this one. Not a huge sports guy, and yet every now and then I get dragged to a game. Happened a lot when I was younger and thus had no recourse BUT to go. So, I would read a comic I brought or my GameBoy.

Chef Mickey

Fau pax. Here's why:

1) Why even go if you're just going to "look forward" to napping. You can nap at home.

2) It's kind of disrespectful, especially if there are live performers. I've seen people sleep during Nemo, Festival of the Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, etc.

3) I'm fine with falling asleep once in a while, but these people that "look forward" to seeing The American Adventure for the sole reason of sleeping just baffle me. Go back to the room for a nap and come back to see one of the best shows on property.

You should never go on an attraction with the intention of sleeping. If it happens because it's been a long day, so be it, but going to see a show just to sleep is a waste of time/money.

Dwarful

I don't think we have ever gone to a theme park with the intent to nap. With that being said, I know for a fact that I drifted off once during Nemo. I take a certain medicine that can really knock me out, so I am not about to judge anyone else because a lot of medicine can have different side effects. I don't think most people plan on napping..

Chef Mickey

This. That is about as pointless of an attraction as exists in Orlando. No reason to stay awake for it. You won't miss anything worthwhile.
It's almost painful for me to read something like this. I admit, it wasn't what it once was, but how can you think it's pointless?

It still themed around a relevant topic, the dinosaurs are cool, and the ride system is pretty unique. Bill Nye and Ellen are still relevant in their own right and although it's a bit outdated, I wouldn't call it the most pointless attraction in Orlando.

They are wasting the immense screens and awesome sound equipment on a Jeopardy show, which I do hate, but at least the screens are utilized in part of the show.

Yes, it could be a lot more and I've screamed for it, but it's not that bad...is it? It still has charm and I think a lot of it is cool. Am I just a homer?

LauraRose

I have never actually fell asleep on a ride, I am guilty of 'resting my eyes' on CEO though.. My mum had a tendency to fall asleep, however not on purpose. She loves philarmagic however after a long day the darkness and the air conditioning manages to put her asleep.

I don't think it's rude, nothing wrong with a quick power nap. I don't really see how it affects other's, especially enough to upset them. Some people can't help it, especially as you get older. Almost like when your a child, you need a nap from a busy day, same when your older! Especially if you aren't used to heat, that can kill you off.

LauraRose

It's almost painful for me to read something like this. I admit, it wasn't what it once was, but how can you think it's pointless?

It still themed around a relevant topic, the dinosaurs are cool, and the ride system is pretty unique. Bill Nye and Ellen are still relevant in their own right and although it's a bit outdated, I wouldn't call it the most pointless attraction in Orlando.

They are wasting the immense screens and awesome sound equipment on a Jeopardy show, which I do hate, but at least the screens are utilized in part of the show.

Yes, it could be a lot more and I've screamed for it, but it's not that bad...is it? It still has charm and I think a lot of it is cool. Am I just a homer?

I must be the only person on this board that actually laughed and enjoyed that attraction. I do love Ellen though.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I tend to doze off in most of the shows; Hall of Presidents gets me EVERY time.
But, if I'm tired enough, I'll even doze off in shows I love; like Muppet Vision.
It happens.

Chef Mickey

I must be the only person on this board that actually laughed and enjoyed that attraction. I do love Ellen though.
I love the UoE. I love what it was before more, but they certainly didn't ruin it with Ellen and Bill Nye. They were trying to refresh it and they didn't do an awful job at all. I would have gone a more serious route and utilized the screens and audio/visual equipment better, but I still love the ride.

PhotoDave219

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom