Nana Adores MJ

Nemo14

Since our teachers here haven't had a contract for 3 years, they had refused to have open house nights. So this year will be the first and last time I actually meet DS' teachers (since it's his last year).

Nemo14

I think she will. Her teachers seemed real laid back except for one and she seems like she is a good motivator. (wears crazy hats during the week) that kinda of stuff.
That's good - just keep them on your side. DD had a teacher in 2nd grade that we absolutely hated. I killed her with kindness - she didn't know what to do!

nibblesandbits

Since our teachers here haven't had a contract for 3 years, they had refused to have open house nights. So this year will be the first and last time I actually meet DS' teachers (since it's his last year).

well...at least that's something! :lol:

Time to plan your next trip!

I know...since I don't think we are going on the cruise in Jan anymore, I think we are either going to go to Disney in May or Sept...probably Sept though b/c what's his face will have new vacation days then. (He gets them at the end of May...but I don't want to go when Memorial Day weekend is approaching)

I hate the withdrawl though! :( I'd been doing so well too. :p

Nemo14

I know...since I don't think we are going on the cruise in Jan anymore, I think we are either going to go to Disney in May or Sept...probably Sept though b/c what's his face will have new vacation days then. (He gets them at the end of May...but I don't want to go when Memorial Day weekend is approaching)

I hate the withdrawl though! :( I'd been doing so well too. :p
May really isn't bad if you can go the beginning - middle of the month. When we went this year it was quite HOT, but the crowds were not bad at all.
September is really nice though - it's just the whole hurricane thing that you have to consider. We're going the last weekend in September this year, just in time for the start of the F&W thing at Epcot.
Any reason that you're not going on the cruise?

Disnut

That's good - just keep them on your side. DD had a teacher in 2nd grade that we absolutely hated. I killed her with kindness - she didn't know what to do!

What is it with 2nd grade teachers. My oldest had a teacher that we didn't like . He liked school until then and after that hated it all the way though. He didn't even want to go to college because of that. We couldn't talk him into it at all.:zipit:

nibblesandbits

May really isn't bad if you can go the beginning - middle of the month. When we went this year it was quite HOT, but the crowds were not bad at all.
September is really nice though - it's just the whole hurricane thing that you have to consider. We're going the last weekend in September this year, just in time for the start of the F&W thing at Epcot.
Any reason that you're not going on the cruise?
we don't think we can come up with around $1100 in the next 4 months. We've figured it out logistically and we'd have to make around $300 a month...and we've never done it before. We've made at the most $280...but that was only 1 month out of 2 years of selling stuff. So, we've pretty much given up on that idea.

I've been in May...and I like May. It is a wonderful time to go (that's actually when we went and when what's his face proposed), but he started on May 20th so we don't get his new vacay days until then...and by then it's cutting it too close to Memorial day for my tastes.

I'm not worried about the Hurricanes though. I survived hurricane like weather here a few weeks ago (you all remember) and I did ok with having the threat of hurricanes being possible for Jamaica this year. No time is ever ideal...but it's still these 2 times of the year we are thinking about.

Nemo14

What is it with 2nd grade teachers. My oldest had a teacher that we didn't like . He liked school until then and after that hated it all the way though. He didn't even want to go to college because of that. We couldn't talk him into it at all.:zipit:
This one was really awful - a screamer and basically a witch. What got us was that originally DD was going to be in a split 2-3 class with 7 other 2nd graders who had been hand-picked to be in a split because they were "advanced". I knew all those kids, and they were not only bright, but good kids. For whatever reason, there was a change on the third day of school, and they all ended up with her, and she just really hated them all. She did nothing but scream at them all year. Instead of bright and happy posters on her walls, she had lists of rules everywhere. There must have been at least 100 rules for her classroom - in second grade!!!!

Nemo14

we don't think we can come up with around $1100 in the next 4 months. We've figured it out logistically and we'd have to make around $300 a month...and we've never done it before. We've made at the most $280...but that was only 1 month out of 2 years of selling stuff. So, we've pretty much given up on that idea.

I've been in May...and I like May. It is a wonderful time to go (that's actually when we went and when what's his face proposed), but he started on May 20th so we don't get his new vacay days until then...and by then it's cutting it too close to Memorial day for my tastes.

I'm not worried about the Hurricanes though. I survived hurricane like weather here a few weeks ago (you all remember) and I did ok with having the threat of hurricanes being possible for Jamaica this year. No time is ever ideal...but it's still these 2 times of the year we are thinking about.
Sounds good to me!

Disnut

This one was really awful - a screamer and basically a witch. What got us was that originally DD was going to be in a split 2-3 class with 7 other 2nd graders who had been hand-picked to be in a split because they were "advanced". I knew all those kids, and they were not only bright, but good kids. For whatever reason, there was a change on the third day of school, and they all ended up with her, and she just really hated them all. She did nothing but scream at them all year. Instead of bright and happy posters on her walls, she had lists of rules everywhere. There must have been at least 100 rules for her classroom - in second grade!!!!

That is not good for any 2nd grader.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom