Naming a Disney Character something else?

Tom Orrow

Original Poster
This is something I would have never thought of.
When I was last in Disney World I saw a little girl come out of mouse gear holding a micky plushie. She went up to her father and stated that she had named her micky, Steve!
I would have never thought to rename a character that already had a name that you would know!
If this has ever hit you please post below! :wave:

MarkTwain

Nah, I did this as a kid too. :lol: Specifically, I bought a Shamu plush at SeaWorld when I was 5 and named it Randy.

tiaragirl

Maybe she was confused and thought that a mouse=mickey. so renaming mickey would be like renaming a mouse?

Overextension of the term 'Mickey' :p Love Psycholinguistics.

It's kind of cute when kids do that. Eventually they'll figure out their mistake, but probably still keep the name.. why not. Mickey-Steve.. while Steve wouldn't be my first choice, I can understand wanting to make a plush your own!

WDW_Emily

Overextension of the term 'Mickey' :p Love Psycholinguistics.

It's kind of cute when kids do that. Eventually they'll figure out their mistake, but probably still keep the name.. why not. Mickey-Steve.. while Steve wouldn't be my first choice, I can understand wanting to make a plush your own!

Hey I'm a Psychology major what can I say:rolleyes:

sublimesting

This is something I would have never thought of.
When I was last in Disney World I saw a little girl come out of mouse gear holding a micky plushie. She went up to her father and stated that she had named her micky, Steve!
I would have never thought to rename a character that already had a name that you would know!
If this has ever hit you please post below! :wave:

No offense to Steve but I think it's funny that a little girl would name Mickey Mouse, Steve.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I bought my girlfriend (then 20?) one of those spherical Mickey plushies, and she named it Turkey.
I don't know why, but there you go.

Prince-1

I bought my daughter a Figment doll but she hated the name so she changed it to Tinkerbell. It's her favorite character. Pretty sure they don't look alike.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom