Name an attraction/ride that's better NOW than the past

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Yay... Someplace I can say something positive...

STAR TOURS is much better now..... Let's hope this type of improvement is headed for Soarin' with it's new film....

*1023*

aladdin2007

On the first page someone mentioned the small world load is better now....I think its an ugly mess, too closed in, and the fountains are gone.

and gran fiesta, really? horrible show quality with white flood lights glaring in the beginning float through, the small world like room, and the finale room, and that tacky cartoon scene. they have a plastic margarita cup sitting on the side beach scene that you can buy in any dollar store. cheap cheap.

I think test track and haunted mansion are far superior now though but those two above, not on board with.

Goofyernmost

Thank you @Goofyernmost for posting the video. Do you know the name of the man doing the narration then? Man I love the 70's.:joyfull:
According to something I read a man by the name of Andrew Duggan was the voice of the Father in the "now is the time" era. The original voice was Rex Allen. He became the voice of the grandfather in the final scene. I guess that makes sense because its at least one generation removed, but who's counting.:joyfull:

Walt Disney1955

I think most attractions improve with age. That is, unless they take the charm away from the ride. For example, Country Bear Jamboree wouldn't be improved if they changed the songs or anything like that. But it would be improved - and did get improved - when they improved the sound and cleaned things up a bit.

dreynolds1982

Hmmm, interesting question. I'd definitely go with Stitch.....:hilarious: ha OK sorry JUST KIDDING. Couldn't help myself.

Seriously though, I'd say:
  • Space Mt - Recent upgrades to the queue, lighting, sound, etc. took it the next level IMO.
  • ToT - Random drop sequences. Boom.
  • Star Tours - HD video makes ALL the difference.
  • BTMR - Queue upgrades.
  • HM - Queue upgrades. MC Esher room (even as a kid I thought the spider room was lame and felt out of place).

Figments Friend

Star Tours is a whole lot better now. Some hardcore Star Wars fans might argue about the time-scheme continuity issues, but... whatever! It's way more fun now with the random element.

I agree as far as the actual show presentation goes. Very exciting visually and the random factor increases re-riding.
That being said, i do prefer the original queue over what is there now.
The visual feast that was the droid factory was a interesting setting with plenty to look at. Now it has been emptied somewhat.

Figments Friend

I'm gonna cast my vote for Test Track, MINUS the queue! I loved/missed how the queue was before, but the ride itself is improved. I know that's a hot debate item, but that's my two cents.

I also prefer the Test Track reboot. It was a big improvement thematically.

Absolutely despised the original version.
Loud and visually busy...and out of place in the grand scheme of EPCOT in my opinion at the time.
The refreshed version is MUCH better design wise.
It is a better thematic fit now and embraces the futuristic edge EPCOT is supposed to have.

I never thought i would ever say i 'like Test Track' but now i can.
A complete turnaround in attitude.

Nick Wilde

Yay... Someplace I can say something positive...

STAR TOURS is much better now..... Let's hope this type of improvement is headed for Soarin' with it's new film....

*1023*
You just pointed out something to me.......... most of this website is people criticizing the tiniest of things Disney gets wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom