Name an attraction/ride that's better NOW than the past

Magenta Panther

Star Tours
Tower of Terror (although it very much needs a refurbishment)
MuppetVision (digital projection)
Test Track (although this one is polarizing)
Haunted Mansion (with the exception of the new hitchhiking ghost effect IMO)
Big Thunder Mountain (better queue)
Hall of Presidents (better show overall, narrated by Morgan Freeman)
it's a small world (better looking loading area)
Space Mountain (made darker, music and sound added although not implemented the greatest)

The hitchhiking ghost effect is indeed awful. Just. Does.Not.Work and is NOT an improvement over the original. And the new HM queue sucks too.

BUT the prior refurb of the HM was WONDERFUL. The sound system is amazing, the Escher room is sublime, and although I think the new Constance is too CGI-looking to fit comfortably into the Mansion, I do think she's a bit better than the original Bride (but not by much. Her face is too realistic. She should have been designed to fit into the great art created by Marc Davis and Claude Coats.)

Tom Morrow

I must say that the new Star Tours is a great improvement over the original. The old version had gotten sooooooooooooo dated.
Yes. It's actually awesome to me that they were able to take such an old and dated feeling ride and bring it up to something that feels like a modern attraction. I think its now the best stationary (as in not a hybrid like FJ or Spiderman) simulator in Orlando.

Tom Morrow

Not for me. The audio tracks never sync with the boat's movement....the boat is too fast for it. Every time I've ridden it with the new automated voiceover, it always cuts off mid-sentence to go to the next spiel.
I've only had this happen once or twice ever.

216bruce

I don;t know if you're sarcastic or not... but i agree. I think the original - althought not toonified - was lackluster
The (very) few, the (barely) proud. The folks who actually like this attraction. Ya know, if they had some AA's of the Three Caballeros on the stage at the end of the ride it would be awesome. It's a cool, no wait ride with some nice Donald animation. It's either that or a salute to Mexican drug-lords.

Nick Wilde

I personally think that TT the RIDE was a lot better before, but I love the new queue. I still can't make up my mind whether I'm glad they changed it or not.

AndyMagic

Spaceship Earth- the decent used to be very dark, and very boring.

tumblr_inline_n9g4n30gXv1rcoqwo.gif

Last edited:

minniemickeyfan

Not for me. The audio tracks never sync with the boat's movement....the boat is too fast for it. Every time I've ridden it with the new automated voiceover, it always cuts off mid-sentence to go to the next spiel.
Yes I've had that happen a few times. I think what I like more now is that I seem to be looking at the view more when before I would look at the Cast Member talking. I just think it's less distracting now, but that's just me.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Star Tours (if that counts -- it's really a different ride)
Space Mountain (starry-o-phonic sound)
Haunted Mansion (floating Leota ball, new hitchhiking effect)
O Canada (new movie fresher than old)
China movie (update made brought in more modern stuff)
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (queue activities -- small improvement, but still)
Tower of Terror (older improvements, but random drop sequence was a nice change)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom