na-na-na-na heyy heyy heyy goodbye!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
its finally almost gone! I was so happy to see good old Spaceship Earth without the wand!:D

Heres the update so far!

img0217ec1.jpg

Enjoy!:sohappy:

WDWTD
aka
Bryan

So we should see a return of this tree line? Fantastic. Now about that grass and those flowers. . . .
spaceshipearthfront.gif
487.jpg
look at the sheen difference. well, i guess i need to describe it as shine of the 1982 version and the 2007. :lol:

Jon_in_NC

So we should see a return of this tree line? Fantastic. Now about that grass and those flowers. . . .
spaceshipearthfront.gif
487.jpg

I know it may be the lighting or an "enhanced" photo, but doesn't SSE look so much more shiny and metallic in the 'before' pics? Hmmm, maybe when they are removing the stars they could give the old girl a scrub down?? :lol:

jalpcm

YAAAA! It's so nice to see it almost back to its splendor! We definitely need to get those horrid tombstones removed. Thanks for the pictures!

CrashNet

The majority of the stars were removed last night. The STARS...the brackets that held them have not been removed yet.

The trees: can someone post the link to that record? I know that park like the back of my hand (I did work there) but I'm drawing a complete blank on these trees you are refering to. I'm thinking its the ones behind SSE along the sides of the exit, but am not sure.

EDIT: nevermind...just found the other thread with the record in it.

Buried20KLeague

Count me as one who's fairly bummed if the trees they're taking out are the square ones with the twinkle lights. I love the square cut on the trees. That, combined with the twinkle lights just scream "Disney" to me. What a bummer.

First the trees and twinkle lights get taken out of the MK's Central Hub, now these. :(

wdwfan4eva

Btw those wierd Leave a legacy tombstone stickers on the legs of SSE need to be removed. They look retarded.

I agree!!! Not to mention those LAL pieces themselves should be removed. It was a good idea but they didn't get as many people interested they thought they would, that's why it's gone!!!!

Tom Morrow

Guys, one thing at a time! Wouldn't you rather enjoy a clean SSE for a while with the LaL stones, than have an even uglier park entrance for a while so they can tear up the stones and re-landscape?

Maryssa*

We need the Prisms back to be like when it opened.

Anyone want to start a "bring back the prisms" campaign?

I agree! the fountain isnt really a fountain without them. I always thought it was one of the prettiest fountains in WDW and now it's just a pile of wet rocks =(

gsimpson

The squared up trees look wierd

I have never really been a fan of the squared off trees to the sides of SSe, to me they always looked strange. I think I would prefer trees that look like trees, instead of artificial plants. As the trees have ages they have gotten worse, I think as they have ages and been trimmed up they have slowly lost their foliage density, plus as someone else pointed out a lot of the lights are kaput. I don't know why they trimmed them in squares, I can't think of anything else at EPCOT that is a square, it just looks like abuse of trees to me.

It is very nice to see SSE return to its glory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom