Mystery Project at Epcot

WDW1974

I think you've hit upon a problem with the resort as a whole...FP has created a different mentality. Whenever, FW comes up nowadays, I find myself wondering about the details in all the pavilions. Is there ever a chance the Radok blocks on UoE will turn again? Could they return the UoE finale to a shadow of its former glory? Will the second floor of Imagination ever be used for anything? Will the WoL pavilion ever be used for anything? Like many, I would really like a Horizons mach II kind of thing, but I know it will never come to fruition. However, I would think another longish, well done dark ride in the middle of a cool pavilion would help with line lengths and the rush around like madmen mentality.

BTW, when I read your post I wondered how many equate LCD with lowest common denominator and how many were thinking of computer and television monitors.

HAHAHA!!! I never even thought about that ... I am sure for many younger folks or techies LCD just refers to a screen. Guess I should go back to Walmarted.

Sue_Vongello

Can anyone tell me what are the facets of attraction sponsorship? Because I find it difficult to believe that they can't find sponsors. I mean, I look at Test Track ... that thing is a GIANT commercial for Chevy. What company looks at that attraction and wouldn't want to get their own? (Providing them have the funds, naturally)

So what are the facets of sponsorship? Are they on the hook for the entire attraction or a percentage? Do they get only advertising out of the arrangement or some merch sales or whatever? Do they have a say in how the attraction is formulated or is it like here is what we have do you want to slap your name on it? Mostly I want to know ballpark how expensive it is because I just can't imagine you can't get someone like Apple or Hewlett-Packard to sponsor Imagination ... or ExxonMobil, Chevron, or Valero for Universe of Energy ... or Cardinal Health or United Health or Johnson & Johnson for WOL ... or ... you get the point. Why wouldn't these companies line up for a set up like Chevy as in that post show area?

UOE, imagination pavilion, wonders of life, so much in future world needs TLC. I hope it's one or more of these....and maybe another ride in world showcase wouldn't hurt either (even a small ratatouille)
I agree need more updates/ TLC/ Replacements in future world. More rides and countries in world show case. Only two rides around the lake is not enough for most people maybe a coaster.

lazyboy97o

Having BP sponsor the Living Seas would be akin to having an Electric Car exhibit sponsored by the gasoline companies of america.
You might want to take a closer look at who's involved. The "gas" companies have been diversifying because they're not stupid. When you switch to something else they don't want to die off.

ThemeParks4Life

Some interesting concept art popped up:

image_zps9b01c15e.jpg

articos

I think you've hit upon a problem with the resort as a whole...FP has created a different mentality. Whenever, FW comes up nowadays, I find myself wondering about the details in all the pavilions. Is there ever a chance the Radok blocks on UoE will turn again?

I had mentioned these a while back, and someone here mentioned when Energy was redone for Ellen, the blocks were gutted. I thought they had been covered, but evidently they're gone. Will try to find out for sure next time I have a chance to look backstage within UoE.

articos

Can anyone tell me what are the facets of attraction sponsorship? Because I find it difficult to believe that they can't find sponsors. I mean, I look at Test Track ... that thing is a GIANT commercial for Chevy. What company looks at that attraction and wouldn't want to get their own? (Providing them have the funds, naturally)

So what are the facets of sponsorship? Are they on the hook for the entire attraction or a percentage? Do they get only advertising out of the arrangement or some merch sales or whatever? Do they have a say in how the attraction is formulated or is it like here is what we have do you want to slap your name on it? Mostly I want to know ballpark how expensive it is because I just can't imagine you can't get someone like Apple or Hewlett-Packard to sponsor Imagination ... or ExxonMobil, Chevron, or Valero for Universe of Energy ... or Cardinal Health or United Health or Johnson & Johnson for WOL ... or ... you get the point. Why wouldn't these companies line up for a set up like Chevy as in that post show area?
Attraction Sponsorship = write a check, have a corporate background that doesn't conflict with the Disney brand. They are on the hook for a specific amount that goes towards upkeep and operating costs for that pavilion. In exchange they get input into the attraction or renovation that incorporates the branding, which they also pay for, as well as the rights to use the Disney connection in their marketing, a corporate lounge, plus employee perks for the sponsor's employees if they want. A merchandise percentage on brand-specific merchandise, separate from the sponsorship contract.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom